So What's Gonna Happen ?

Topic locked
So what's gonna happen ? Mar 30, 2008
Now the road has been cleared and the bodies [oh, sorry.... seriously hurt :roll: ] carted off, what is going to change in Dubai [and UAE as a whole, I hope] regarding the debacle that is the driving standards here ?

I did read recently that the Shiekh was quoted as "being angry and embarrassed" that the worlds eyes were now on Dubai "for the wrong reasons".

But realistically, what can be done ?

[having had some muppet carved me up this morning - the usual; on his phone, coffee in other paw - I'm now applying for an optional extra for my car...... a bazooka :wink:

g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 30, 2008
Black points have been introduced, the problem has been solved.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 08, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Black points have been introduced, the problem has been solved.

Yep apparently, you get your license confiscated for a life changing 30 days if you cause death by reckless driving... and I think you get 6 black points AS WELL.

Life can be hard sometimes.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 08, 2008
admog wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Black points have been introduced, the problem has been solved.

Yep apparently, you get your license confiscated for a life changing 30 days if you cause death by reckless driving... and I think you get 6 black points AS WELL.

Life can be hard sometimes.

lol well that realy doesnt help when ppl will be crossing roads like dubai-shj road and sheikh zayed road. i bloody nearlly killed some guy who was crossing the dubai-shj road just to get to the other side for a bit of shopping :S.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 09, 2008
I just hope RTA considered building pedestrian crossings on Metro stations along SZR. :roll:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Apr 09, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:I just hope RTA considered building pedestrian crossings on Metro stations along SZR. :roll:

They are a part and parcel of the design, you will soon start seeing them being constructed.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 09, 2008
People will prefer to play 'chicken' than walk that extra 100 yards to use the footbride, you mark my words (well the stupid ones anyway).
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2008
admog wrote:People will prefer to play 'chicken' than walk that extra 100 yards to use the footbride, you mark my words (well the stupid ones anyway).

Of course you are correct in what you say, however it will be made extremely difficult to cross the central reservation with high fences and all.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 10, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
admog wrote:People will prefer to play 'chicken' than walk that extra 100 yards to use the footbride, you mark my words (well the stupid ones anyway).

Of course you are correct in what you say, however it will be made extremely difficult to cross the central reservation with high fences and all.

lol theres high fences after the garhoud bridge with bloody hole in the wall for a man to go through it.

and its worse in the other states.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat