Weird Things Going On In Dubai..

Topic locked
Re: Weird things going on in Dubai.. Dec 22, 2010
Is it because you had the word 'printer' in the packing list?

The last parachute rig I bought was shipped here from South Africa and arrived in 3 days, took 4 hours to clear and was packed and ready to go 24 hours later.

The automatic reserve opening system arrived from Germany the same day and took 2 weeks to clear customs! Possibly because it had the words 'Explosive cable cutter' in the manifest?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Thought I had better mention for some that know like DK, Chocs and Kanelli that I was victorious in my Supreme Court case. After two years and 3 months, I may actually be getting paid for Spring, 2008 this week! The lawyer is heading to the courthouse tomorrow as he now sees dollar signs! Mrs. DD will definitely be getting some shiny goods under the tree this year. :D
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Weird Things Going On In Dubai.. Dec 22, 2010
Congrats Bud, coffee on you now ! :D
desertdudeshj

Re: Weird Things Going On In Dubai.. Dec 22, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Congrats Bud, coffee on you now ! :D

in a gold plated cup!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

I didn't know DD as am relatively and don't really know you but am happy for you anyway. Its has to be a nice feeling when you fight for something so long (when others might have given up) and than finally succeed.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Weird things going on in Dubai.. Dec 23, 2010
Yes, DD, I echo Joe's thoughts, congratulations to you on sticking with it and coming good in the end. I hope it happens for Herve too, who has a big case looming in the US against our friends here.
Bethsmum

Re: Weird Things Going On In Dubai.. Dec 23, 2010
Thanks all. I got a great call from the lawyer tonight. It seems the court is keeping the company's deposit of 10% of the value plus charging them fees as they felt it was a frivolous case. All-in-all, my ex-company is looking at about a 2-300k AED bill PLUS what they owe me. The past 2 years have stunk, but the last 2 weeks have been fab. DD is over the moon.

The best will be my annual conference in Amsterdam in Feb where EVERYONE will know that David beat Goliath. Best career move ever. I am thankful they will choke when they write the check. I am not a vengeful person, but certain people need to be taught a lesson. These mofos hung me out to dry and I beat them. This is nothing like Herve's case, but still, a westerner with no lawyer making it to Supreme Court and winning does not happen here.

I CANNOT WAIT to meet them to cancel my visa et all and move on. It will be so liberating. DD will not be working for the forseeable future unless it involves another missile launcher shipment.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Biggest, biggest congratulations from BM. Revenge is a dish best served cold. May this be one of your best Christmas's and New Year's ever. Now we wait for Herve, Feb 14 looms.
Bethsmum

Congrats DD. No idea about the story but anyone who has struggled for that long for justice deserves the spoils, esp during the last few years which have been the demise off many others.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Fantastic news DD! Good for you for fighting for your rights and staying the course, despite the frequent setbacks. It should be a very relaxing and happy Christmas for you and Mrs DD this year! Congrats again. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Herve's case is on Valentines Day...I doubt he and DW will be kissing and making up!

More like the St. Valentines Day Massacre?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Weird things going on in Dubai.. Dec 24, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Herve's case is on Valentines Day...I doubt he and DW will be kissing and making up!

More like the St. Valentines Day Massacre?

8) 8) 8)

Knight

DK lets hope that it's Herve who is lining the cast of Dubai World up against the wall in this massacre and giving those bastards both barrels. I, for one, will be there to reload for him. Festive thoughts from BM. :santa:
Bethsmum

Re: Weird Things Going On In Dubai.. Dec 24, 2010
Massacre? ...... :drunken:
Blood and guts on the dance floor? :drunken:
I thought this was the season of Peace....havent we had enough of war??
It cant be all bad, at least he won his case in the Supreme Court! So, justice was done! :?
BM, you are a darling.... :D
zonker
BANNED

Re: Weird things going on in Dubai.. Dec 24, 2010
Zonker, BM is a little charmer :D But you are right, tiz the season of goodwill!
BM does admit to dark moments when her friends or family are put under duress. I promise to put all thoughts of giving anyone a serious slap until, at least, January 3rd.
That's unless my Christmas gravy goes wrong, of course, then someone will get it :santa:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat