Watching FIFA WC On Du?

Topic locked
Watching FIFA WC on Du? Jun 01, 2010
Hey all,

I just wanted to ask what is the process to watch the FIFA WC on Du?

I know that Al Jazeera Sports has got the rights to show. So do I simply subscribe the Family Entertainment Package which has Al Jazeera (AED 30 per month) or have the prices and process been altered?

Thanks in advance.

redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Watching FIFA WC on Du? Jun 01, 2010
redtilldead wrote:Hey all,

I just wanted to ask what is the process to watch the FIFA WC on Du?

I know that Al Jazeera Sports has got the rights to show. So do I simply subscribe the Family Entertainment Package which has Al Jazeera (AED 30 per month) or have the prices and process been altered?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I am aware the channels that are showing the World Cup are to be paid extra, exactly how that will be arranged I suppose you will have to contact Al Jazeera.

http://www.digitalproductionme.com/arti ... le-in-uae/

With less than a month to go before the start of the football World Cup, sales of cards that allow television viewers to see all the action remain low, a UAE distributor has said.

“So far, we have sold just under 130 cards,” said a spokesperson for Abu Dhabi Media, the sole distributor for Al Jazeera Sports Channel cards in the UAE.

“They recently went on sale at 23 Eppco petrol stations all over Dubai, as well as at outlets of Target Electronics and Wadi Nada Electronics in Deira, Mirdif, Satwa and Al Twar.”

The figure does not include existing subscribers to Al Jazeera Sports, who can upgrade their subscription by visiting the Al Jazeera Sports Channel website.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for Etisalat’s pay TV arm E-vision told Arabian Business a deal had been made with Al Jazeera Sports to screen matches, although a channel had not yet been chosen.

He added that final details of the arrangement would be made public “within a week”. A spokesperson for du was not able to comment.

Al Jazeera has exclusive regional rights to screen one of the world’s most popular sporting events.

Existing subscribers wanting access to five specially dedicated channels – including Al Jazeera Sports 3D – will be charged $100 for the upgrade, while non-subscribers will pay $130.

Al Jazeera will also broadcast the matches live on new website aljazeerasport.tv, which will be created specifically for the World Cup.

Al Jazeera Sport said it has earmarked 350 staff for 1,000 hours of 2010 World Cup.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Watching FIFA WC On Du? Jun 02, 2010
Du anounced their package today.
It can be yours for just under 300 AED.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Watching FIFA WC On Du? Jun 02, 2010
Thanks for the reply guys!
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Watching FIFA WC on Du? Jun 09, 2010
Gutted i moved from Springs now as I dont get Du anymore.

I had to pay for the AJ sports package to get the WC, but it's worth it. I really miss the build up hype though....not like home. :cry:
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat