Where To Watch Fifa In Dubai?

Topic locked
Jun 09, 2006
no it wont, you gotta wait 4 years for that buddy !! 2010 they got the rights for it along with the Emirates sponsorship package.

Anyone know if the openning ceremony today (at 6:20pm) will be broadcast at the fifa fan park ?

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 09, 2006
capri wrote:Scarlett is a female included in the package 8)

hahaha .. I luv this place!
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
Liban wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:Does that include "full services"?

I doubt the whore is included in the bundle price :)

Do not forget the Happy ENding .. :lol:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
$G$ wrote:Anyone cheering for the US?
I'm coming to Dubai tomorrow night, and since Dubai is a muslim city, I wanna know which bar I could go to to cheer on my team safely.

Becareful !!.. U only might get out numbered cheerin!..
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2006
Hmm,

Poland lost, germany won , and poland with a really difficult task on hand to beat germany to stay in there. what say guys??.

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2006
I cannot believe that the hotels are charging so much, it's ridiculous. I actually saw one advertising a season ticket costing 95,000DHs all F&B included, but whoopdidoo!

Ethiopia TV were showing the world cup free to air on Orbit and Hotbird but they just dumped the feed - damn ART! Events like this are supposed to unite people not segregate those who can afford to watch it from those who can't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2006
THERE AREN'T ANY CHANNELS THAT WILL BROADCAST THE WORLD CUP EXCEPT ART DO U READ ME PPL GO AND FIND A TV WITH ART ON IT AND GET GLUED TO IT.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 11, 2006
I watched the opening game at the fan park, it was awesome atmosphere over 3000 people cheering. The sound system was very good, and the setup was decent. The seating was uncomfrtable but thats fine since they are trying to mimick a stadium setup. However the biggest disappointment was the screen. It was just a projector on a big screen (the press release made the screen look like it has no other in the world !!!) and even the screen was really crappy and the cloth was all crumpled !! .. i dont think i will go watch it there again.

Been watching the rest of the games at the shisha cafe (hakawati and lido so far) .... anyone have places they been and recommend ?

really my productivity this month is down to zero :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
W, I think it's disgraceful that it IS available on free to air channels, but they're forced to cut the feeds due to the rights being obtained by ART. Like I said ETV have amanged to show about 30 mins of every match so far before it gets pulled. It's free on Orbit and Hotbird, but I guess as soon as it gets discovered they yank it - barstewards!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 11, 2006
Double decker didn't charge a cover and had a good (English) atmo. The only complaint would be ART not showing the time remaining on any part of the screen.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
hmm i will look out for this one today, but i remember they had a counter with time past not remaining.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
I went to Champions Sports Bar yesterday at the JW Marriott to watch the England match. You have to buy tickets to get in but those tickets entitle you to drinks and/or food so its not that bad. The atmosphere was great as there were quite a few die hard english fans so it kinda felt like you were in England! There was cheering, clapping at good plays and the DJ had a horn which was fantastic. They had draws for shirts and drinks before the match and at halftime. It was a decent venue to watch it and the commentary was in ENGLISH! :-) I then went to watch the trini/sweden mtach at the shisha cafe across the street from the Marriott. They had a few TV's and there was no cover and the shisha was normal price (15Dhs) which lasted me the entire match :-) but the commentary was in Arabic..... I'm gonna check out the tent at media city tomorrow...
caker_man
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 11, 2006
I went to Champions Sports Bar yesterday at the JW Marriott to watch the England match. You have to buy tickets to get in but those tickets entitle you to drinks and/or food so its not that bad. The atmosphere was great as there were quite a few die hard english fans so it kinda felt like you were in England! There was cheering, clapping at good plays and the DJ had a horn which was fantastic. They had draws for shirts and drinks before the match and at halftime. It was a decent venue to watch it and the commentary was in ENGLISH! :-) I then went to watch the trini/sweden mtach at the shisha cafe across the street from the Marriott. They had a few TV's and there was no cover and the shisha was normal price (15Dhs) which lasted me the entire match :-) but the commentary was in Arabic..... I'm gonna check out the tent at media city tomorrow...
caker_man
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 11, 2006
ya i think i am gonna check out the media city one today for the holland game. i heard bean bags, shisha, and projector screens. 50 dhs min. order.

I just hope the projector screen quality is better than the fan park.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
I heard the one in media city is pretty ok from one of my pals, what he enjoyed the most was the atmosphere. i guess it has to be good coz lots of sponsors have invested money in there:).

can u believe i havent watched a single game as yet:( work doesnt leave me anytime, by time i reach home am soooo tired cant even lift my hand and press a button on the remote lol.

would be waiting for a feed back from maad:) so i can plan my visit there for the next rounda games(hopefully).

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
I'm watching it on ETV for free AGAIN! Just waiting to see how long it takes them to ditch it - hehehe!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 11, 2006
PIRACY ROCKS.... :)

Now to hide for cover...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
Ahhhhhhhhhhh the bloody gimp hit the switch.HOw can they do this?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote: The only complaint would be ART not showing the time remaining on any part of the screen.

X its funny they have it in the Arabic channel but not in the English one
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
I went to Media City today for the holland game. I think its by far the best setup in town i have seen so far. Bean bags for everyone, nice cool AC, 50 dirhams entry fee but they give you 10 5 dirham coupons which you can spend inside on food, drinks, and shisha ... the screens are good quality too.

I watched the rest of the games at home :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:X its funny they have it in the Arabic channel but not in the English one

I agree, but nothing is a surprise anymore in this place.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
hehe I watch it for free......that stupid internet guy came to fix my cable internet and that fool didnt fix the internet..instad he hooked me up to a cable which i didnt even subscribe!!!!!!!!! Oh goodies on the right time!!! kekeke
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
hmmm, it seems time that i checked the media city spot:).

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

WC at HRC Jun 13, 2006
For those still looking for a place to watch the World Cup, you can try the Hard Rock Cafe near Dubai Internet City.

There's no special admission or cover charge. You just order some drinks and/or food.

For the match that I saw at HRC, they actually had commentary in English and no commercials.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2006
I'm watching on the internet.

TVUplayer rocks - shows the american coverage on Espn2 and ABC.

Haven't figured out how to use ppLive yet - I hear it is better.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 13, 2006
Like shafique says

you can watch it online on www.viidoo.com

then click on ESPN, just install the tuv player you will find there and you will be going good.

Also heard good news about Doubble Decker tent.

For the ART, you can choose the commentery to be in English.

cheers
yshimy

Jun 13, 2006
Apparently Trade Centre convetion centre is a nice set up and they even have mini footie you can play.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 13, 2006
the screen sucks, unless they have changed it from the first day. Anyone been there lately ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2006
Cool! The ESPN thingy works a treat. Although, how do you get the larger independent player to run it, I can only see it on the website so far.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat