Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft

Topic locked
Urgent I am being accused of theft Jun 23, 2012
Hello,

I found a Red Persian cat and, he looked lost and helpless, I decided to keep him so I took him to municipality and registered him into my own name, a week later somebody who claimed to be the original owners reported my cat to municipality and got my number, they have not stopped been calling me and demanding my cat back.

I have fallen in one with my new cat and really do not want to give him up? What rights do I have? I am being threatened with legal action, what are my rights? They obviously did not care for their cat properly which is why I found him lost and helpless in the streets! Can I report them for animal cruelty? I just feel the cat is safe with me but these people will not leave me alone! :(

Thanks,

Sara Abdulaziz Alshammar
Dubai Properties Group
Sara.AlShammar@dubaipropertiesgroup.ae

SaraAlShummar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Urgent I am being accused of theft Jun 23, 2012
If the cat belongs to them, give it back. Sometimes animals wander off...

If you really want a cat contact Feline Friends in Dubai - they will be happy to help you find a nice cat.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 23, 2012
I 100% agree with Ambassador. Please give the cat back, that is the right thing to do.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 23, 2012
SaraAlShummar ,

You should give the cat back to the owners, if not I would say that you are heading for trouble.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 24, 2012
If cats go outside they wander off all the time, especially the unneutered males at certain times of the year. Mine used to disappear for a week or so at a time. If the person can prove the cat is their's i.e. with photos, vet records etc then you MUST give the cat back. It's not yours to keep.

There are plenty of homeless cats in the shelters who are in desperate need of a loving home.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sara I also agree with everthing said as an advice to you.. I used to have a female cat and she too used to wander off when she became heated. It is very nice of you that you homed this lost cat and took care of him temporary but you know you are not the owner of it.. Like chocs says if they can show photos and vet records etc. then you should go for truce and give up the cat.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Give the cat back, it's only a cat...save some endangered species if you love animals...but a cat?
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Urgent I am being accused of theft Jun 25, 2012
The owner of that cat has receipts and the cats passport, she is able to prove the cat is hers.

I am going to claim I have lost the cat, what is the worst she can do? If the cat is lost its lost right?

Sara Alshammar
Dubai Properties Group
Sara.AlShammar@dubaipropertiesgroup.ae
SaraAlShummar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 25, 2012
You are advertising your full name and work email? Has this whole thread been a wind up?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 25, 2012
SaraAlShummar ,

Well lets hope you feel the full authority of the law, you deserve to.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 26, 2012
Hey can I sue you for my apartment being 4 years late?

You're a very sick person lady. Now please get lost!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Hey can I sue you for my apartment being 4 years late?

You're a very sick person lady. Now please get lost!

Is this how you welcome new members?
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

It was tongue in cheek actually. But her whole post seems to have been a wind up. What kind of person does that? Oh wait it's DF why am I not surprised.

--- Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 pm ---

evitav , When it's someone who's a clear wind up merchant and only here to stir up trouble - YES!

--- Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 pm ---

If the post is genuine, bottom line is the owner can have her charged with theft.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I have something against pet owners who let their animals wonder around without supervision. I had beautiful grass in my garden, well kept. The kind also Bayern Munich uses. A cat used to piss on it, making several yellow stains, destroying it. After several warnings to the owners I threw stones at him everytime it was in my garden. It worked.
I find people disturbing who care more about animals than human beings.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Cats are natural wanderers, especially if they haven't been neutered. The average cat has a roaming territory of approximately 5 square miles! I hate that whole 'people care more about animals than people' It's a very short sighted view and never true. Those that care about animals are usually the first in line to help out charities and other people in need. It's just that animals don't have voices and cannot say when they need help, so it's up to people to do that for them.

Throwing rocks is a bit cruel. Spraying water usually does the trick. Plenty of good cat deterrents out there.

I always come back to the classic saying by Gandhi 'The state of a nation can be gauged by the way it treats it's animals' - very true in most circumstances.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

"Cats are natural wanderers"

As a consequence, as an owner, don't complain that cats get lost...I don't feel responsible for the well-being of somebody else's cat.

"The average cat has a roaming territory of approximately 5 square miles!"

That 5 square miles most likely include somebody else's property, like my grass. Like moles, I also chase cats from my property.

"I hate that whole 'people care more about animals than people' It's a very short sighted view and never true."

Hitler did. He loved his dogs.

"Throwing rocks is a bit cruel"

Stones, not rocks.

"The state of a nation can be gauged by the way it treats it's animals"

A better measurement would be how we treat other humans, like our elders, people who think different than yourself, people who look different than yourself, the weak, not how we treat a cat.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

evitav wrote:A better measurement would be how we treat other humans, like our elders, people who think different than yourself, people who look different than yourself, the weak, not how we treat a cat.

Well said. Agreed :)
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

I love the way BM akka evitav pretends! LOL..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin, was meinst du?
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Berrin is EH :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

LOL BM it's incredible how you prompt your name aliases to your rescue. :) Narcissists often use this tactic where they are caught and fail :)
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jun 27, 2012
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Give the cat back and get a new one..
thelast
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Well that didn't take long for the true colours to come out did it. I wondered how long the dodgy English/German would take lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Urgent I Am Being Accused Of Theft Jul 01, 2012
LMAO @ the Cat delima..... FREE CASPER (does he have a name) real owner would name it .... have u named ur cat @ sara
Cerberus
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat