Update On Abused Dog

Topic locked
Update on abused dog Apr 06, 2008
As many of you read last week, myself and neighbours found a dog with his legs tied together. To make a long story short, he came back again last night bloody and sore and tied AGAIN. Anyway, we took him in and fed/played with him all night. He seems to answer to "Trevor", the name my neighbours gave him last week.

He is the most lovable little guy and very affectionate. How his owners could do that is beyond me. Further to that, we confirmed who his owners are. They live about a block away and apparently care enough to micrchip him, yet not register it. (Me and Mrs. DD have our ways). Anyway, K9 friends is full, although we are on the priority list. He is camped out in our yard at the moment and is very well behaved. The problem is we have 2 cats, so they are kind of getting the shaft, as is Trevor. (kitties can't go out, Trev can't go in)

My appeal is if anyone can possibly help us foster him until he can get a spot in K9 friends. There is no way that I am bringing him home to those people, and all have advised against this as well. Even if you can give a couple of days as a foster home, I would appreciate it. I will pay for transportation, food, treats, etc. I cannot bring him to a boarding facility, as we have no records from the vet at this time. Although we do have his microchip and nationality (not breed) we are still hunting these records down. He is about the size of a Border Collie. In the top pic, you can see the rope tying his legs together. A family member happened to have a camera in-hand when I was untying him/coaxing him over.

Anyone?

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 06, 2008
made this a sticky for you mate

good luck
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 06, 2008
poor fellow... ive got no where to keep him or i would have taken him in.

im happy to help with the financial cost of finding him a new home, as well as food or vet bills thereof, but thats all i can do for now :(
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 07, 2008
This makes me so angry - any chance of having the guys address so I can pay him a visit and tie his legs together?

I have a cat which I rescued so cannot take him. I can also help with vets bills etc if needed. Please let me know. :cry:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2008
I have been keeping up to date with this poor creature on EW as well...

We are in an apartment and already fostering a Feline Friends cat - under any other circumstances we would take him!

Hope that someone can help you out soon!
Anteater
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 08, 2008
Hey Folks...here is the update.

K9 friends had a spot open up, so I brought "Trevor" in this morning. Thankfully he will not be going back to his owners. They thought he was a sweet guy and thought there would be no problem re-homing him. After spending a few days and nights with myself and Mrs. Dubaidog, we were able to give a very accurate description of his behaviour. The last one being that he loves the car and just lays down and doesn't make a peep or get excited. Secondly, when we got out of the truck and there was all the barking and noise, he stayed mellow and right by my side.

It was kinda sad leaving him there, but at least he will find a good home. We trained him up pretty good in a few days (not bad for a pup that doesn't speak English!) We would have loved to keep him, but there is no room at the Inn as they say.

Thanks to those of you that offered financial support. Myself and Mrs. DD took care of the vet bill for the time being. He will still need the "snip", however. If you are sincere about helping the cause, check out the K9 friends website and make a donation. Better yet, donate your time or your home!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 08, 2008
dubaidog wrote:Hey Folks...here is the update.

K9 friends had a spot open up, so I brought "Trevor" in this morning. Thankfully he will not be going back to his owners. They thought he was a sweet guy and thought there would be no problem re-homing him. After spending a few days and nights with myself and Mrs. Dubaidog, we were able to give a very accurate description of his behaviour. The last one being that he loves the car and just lays down and doesn't make a peep or get excited. Secondly, when we got out of the truck and there was all the barking and noise, he stayed mellow and right by my side.

It was kinda sad leaving him there, but at least he will find a good home. We trained him up pretty good in a few days (not bad for a pup that doesn't speak English!) We would have loved to keep him, but there is no room at the Inn as they say.

Thanks to those of you that offered financial support. Myself and Mrs. DD took care of the vet bill for the time being. He will still need the "snip", however. If you are sincere about helping the cause, check out the K9 friends website and make a donation. Better yet, donate your time or your home!

Well done Mr & Mrs. DD good job
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2008
edited

Mod
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2008
nismo wrote:is the dog for sale?

i know a chinesse resturant owner that will take good care of it

Way to piss all over it, Nismo. People like you are a result of this...

http://tinyurl.com/645k5o
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 08, 2008
dubaidog wrote:

waoh, holy shit. scary story
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 08, 2008
dubaidog wrote:

u spoke my mind.... and i guess whats in a lot of other people's mids also....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 08, 2008
dubaidog wrote:

nice said dubaidog. my hats down for you.

people like are who make this world better... credit always to you for saving this dog
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 08, 2008
quatroporte wrote:
dubaidog wrote:

nice said dubaidog. my hats down for you.

people like are who make this world better... credit always to you for saving this dog
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2008
Sorry all for moving this to fight club, however I figure that once again Nismo will attract a lot of negative reaction over his comments, well deserved I might add.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2008
sage & onion wrote:Sorry all for moving this to fight club, however I figure that once again Nismo will attract a lot of negative reaction over his comments, well deserved I might add.

just livening up this place a bit mate

you might want to consider upgrading this forum
its tooo out dated

might i suggest invision board?
or v bulletin?
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2008
nismo wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Sorry all for moving this to fight club, however I figure that once again Nismo will attract a lot of negative reaction over his comments, well deserved I might add.

just livening up this place a bit mate

you might want to consider upgrading this forum
its tooo out dated

might i suggest invision board?
or v bulletin?

Each and every time that you comment in such a way the thread will be transferred out of public view, simply because the comments that come down on your head are abusive and not applicable for the public forum.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2008
I am annoyed this has been tranferred to FC.

Sage all that need be done was nismo's stupid comments be edited.

I have asked that this be transferred back to general and i will clean up this thread.

Nismo, due to your actions you will not be posting as "Nismo" for much longer.
arniegang

Apr 08, 2008
Thanks Sage and Arnie. I was going to come back in a manner not becoming, but thought it might serve a better purpose if we could just ditch this person's inane comments. We kind of did a detour on the thread and lost the original intent.

Yes, it was ONE dog of many. I/we are not heroes or anything else. I think 99.9% of the world would have done the same if they had the means and inclination. People are too afraid to get involved. If everyone got off their butts and did one thing in their busy day to make some sort of small difference, the world would be a better place.

Karma is a b!tch, pal. You'll get yours. I just hope you are not the alter-ego of someone people "like" or that would be disappointing.

Thanks MODS for putting this thread back when you can.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 09, 2008
arniegang wrote:I am annoyed this has been tranferred to FC.

Sage all that need be done was nismo's stupid comments be edited.

I have asked that this be transferred back to general and i will clean up this thread.

Nismo, due to your actions you will not be posting as "Nismo" for much longer.

To be honest Arnie, I am sick and tired of editing his comments, that's why I transfered it to FC.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 09, 2008
no probs Nismo is now banned
arniegang

Apr 09, 2008
arniegang wrote:no probs Nismo is now banned

Yeah, that's not a bad thing, did you see what he was posting in the romantic section?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 09, 2008
Well done guys. Wonderful news.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 09, 2008
Banning freakshow, or getting Trev into K9? :D

If you have space, Chocs, he'd be happy to have you!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

May 13, 2008
Made this a sticky for you mate .

Good luck~ :)
Mon1018
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 14, 2008
It is very precious deed. My respect to you, dubaidog.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

I do not like dogs Jun 26, 2008
I can not say that I hate them, but really, I do not like them.

I have a fighter fish. You can not belive how intelligent is this fish.

Actually fishes are not intelligent to recognize their owner but this one can and everytime he sees me, he comse close and swim like dancing.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat