UAE Needs To Do Something About Animal Rights

Topic locked
UAE needs to do something about Animal rights Mar 03, 2008
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environm ... 94362.html

Every animal they counter is apparently killed. I saw a report a baby crocodile was killed on Al WASL roads because people got panicked.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Snakes normally avoid humans.
They probably multiplied after the rain and have now come in looking for food.
Better than releasing them back into the desert to die of starvation as nature intended.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: UAE needs to do something about Animal rights Mar 03, 2008
bsorc wrote:http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10194362.html

Every animal they counter is apparently killed. I saw a report a baby crocodile was killed on Al WASL roads because people got panicked.

heheh you are worried about the animals when most of the humans here dont have rights???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:

heheh you are worried about the animals when most of the humans here dont have rights???

Silly comment! I'll say it before and I'll say it again - Human Beings have voices, they can get together and fight for their rights, if they choose not too - their problem!

Animals have no voice, they rely on people to fight on their behalf. - End of!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Silly comment! I'll say it before and I'll say it again - Human Beings have voices, they can get together and fight for their rights, if they choose not too - their problem!

Animals have no voice, they rely on people to fight on their behalf. - End of!

ok if we got together and fought for our rights we would probably be deported :D all animals do is sleep, eat and do pooh. humans have brains, humans kill each other :D so animals or humans which are the most important?

by the way me and u dont have the basic rights :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
That isn't much compared to what happened in my compound a few years back. There were a couple of stray puppies here that I used to feed and take care of for a while. But then they got a little noisy so some of the residence complained to the municipality. And what was their solution? Rat poison! Yes rat poison was what they used to kill the puppies...1 of them took 10 mins to die, the other 20 mins. To make things even worse, my neighbors' pet dog ate poisoned food that was left over by the retarded municipality workers, he also died shortly after eating it.
Not much you can do about it, I just sent a long angry letter to the the municipality, and I also wrote to 7days so they had it published on the front page of their newspaper the next day. Still, don't think anything changed. Pathetic.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Depends, are they going to deport thousand of people if they all strike at the same time - doubt it!

It's not the point, humans are responsible for the destruction of the natural habitats of many species, humans spread like a disease, enforcing themselves on other species, causing conflict where there shouldn't be any, and causing many species to come close to exstinction.

Animals have feelings too, they feel pain, fear, joy all emotions that you and I do. So what makes them any less important?

Two prime examples are the two poor cats abansoned by their owners and thrown out on the street, who're now livin on my dorrstep. I could have left them to fend for themselves, but chose not too, because I can't stand to see an animal suffer. I've paid for their treatments and am looking after them. Why? Because I care.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
hmmm is there a RSPCA thing here in UAE? if not choco y dont u open it :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Yeah I read the story about the puppies, it caused uproar!

No there isn't an RSPCA, but there is Feline and K9 friends, but you can report animal cruelty to the Municipality section that deals with it.

But lets face it, we live in a place where idiot people keep lions, tigers, cheetahs, chimps and other endangered species as pets because they're ignorant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
would luv to have a siberian tiger one day.

for now will have to cope with the afghan hounds :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
What so you can keep it in a cage, declaw it and file all it's teeth down. Stupid comment!

It's not big and it's not clever, so unless you want a good kicking, I suggest you get a slice of shut the hell up!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
err who said it will be in cage :S all the animals i have run free. the dogs are open 24 7, the parrots fly around the house, the kitten is running around freely and the pigeons are always up and flying. so the dog will probably be running free :D.

the dogs i have aint afghan hound instead they are Tibetan Mastiff and blooody viscious and HUGE.

http://images.google.com.pk/imgres?imgu ... %26hl%3Den

mine are lil pups so will have to wait for a LONG time to see them grow into huge buggers :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Wow - amazing dogs, very nice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Wow - amazing dogs, very nice.

yeh they ARE HUGE. theres a rumour that they are a breed of wild dog and bears. but not sure if its true or not.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
rudeboy wrote:

yeh they ARE HUGE. theres a rumour that they are a breed of wild dog and bears. but not sure if its true or not.

Moron...
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008
craigindubai wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Moron...

i learnt that a long time ago, i dont even read over his posts anymore.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat