UAE Below N Korea And Egypt In New Quality Of Life Index!!!!

Topic locked
UAE below N Korea and Egypt in New Quality of Life Index!!!! Feb 10, 2010
Surprising results…!!!

But the Index is based on many factors such as freedom, environment, safety, economy, climate…etc..

If you click on the country name, they show you the points given to each factor (out of 100).

I surely don’t agree with the Index because I personally would give different values to those factors!!

See where your country stands!!

http://www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2010/

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: UAE below N Korea and Egypt in New Quality of Life Index!!!! Feb 10, 2010
Not surprising to me, I started to say it in December 2008, but no one would listen.
Can anyone tell me about ONE thing good about Dubai? that is worth to dispute this rating, just one thing.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

The UAE would have ranked higher on the list if it wasn’t for its poor climate score (10/100).

I certainly would prefer living in the UAE anytime, rather than living in Senegal or Malawi, or Sri Lanka, or even Egypt – all of which had higher rankings!!!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:Not surprising to me, I started to say it in December 2008, but no one would listen.
Can anyone tell me about ONE thing good about Dubai? that is worth to dispute this rating, just one thing.

Hmmm one good thing about dubai?? How about it gives criminals and thieves another chance ;)

:D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

herve wrote:Not surprising to me, I started to say it in December 2008, but no one would listen.

In Dubai, I like the beaches, the nice restaurants, the elegant hotels, the entertainment events, the various trade exhibitions, the world class golf courses, the stylish malls and chic shopping, the cheap household help, the easy travelling to anywhere in the world with so many airline choices, the ease of communication (English is widely used)..etc.

However, I certainly would not want to retire here. I hate the crazy (scary) driving and the stifling summer heat!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Having traveled to numerous Countries on the list I simply cannot agree to the ranking given to the UAE.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

rudeboy wrote:

Hmmm one good thing about dubai?? How about it gives criminals and thieves another chance ;)

That explains why the good guys have to escape... :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: UAE below N Korea and Egypt in New Quality of Life Index!!!! Feb 11, 2010
rudeboy wrote:

Rudeboy, You talking about Sheikh Issa of course. Because as far as I am concerned, the criminals who were after me did not give me anything, I, and I alone took my chances and ran with my life, not money.
Tom Jones, you need to do some serious travelling, beaches in Dubai are contaminated and the sea is dead, almost twice the salinity world average. Try the Maldives, Thailand, Greece.
Entertainments events? is this a joke, try Paris, New York, Rio, Vancouver. No CIDs there to turn down the volume or to lecture performers, no censorship either. entertainments in Dubai are marketing tools for Dubai Co, you being part of it without knowing it, to fill in the seats so it looks good and give a good impression to investors and news.
Trade exhibitions, they are not tailored for you, what s the point, watch with envy, you are not going to buy that latest Ferrari, and the appartment you may invest in will turn out to be a scam? how about dog shows, lingery runways, stamps and collectibles, cheese festival, October Fest, Carnival, toy shows, Agriculture shows.
Restaurants and hotels are great, I concur, but not good enough to overcome the risks to get busted by the CID for the silliest reasons, breath dust all day long and get 2nd degree burns by the scorching sun.
And even if you wanted to retire there, you could not, you would be quicked out when you turn 60, at best.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

What a joke, an escaped criminal giving his opinion on Dubai / UAE, unfortunately the one Hotel he didn't review was in Al Awir.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

herve wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Rudeboy, You talking about Sheikh Issa of course. Because as far as I am concerned, the criminals who were after me did not give me anything, I, and I alone took my chances and ran with my life, not money.
Tom Jones, you need to do some serious travelling, beaches in Dubai are contaminated and the sea is dead, almost twice the salinity world average. Try the Maldives, Thailand, Greece.
Entertainments events? is this a joke, try Paris, New York, Rio, Vancouver. No CIDs there to turn down the volume or to lecture performers, no censorship either. entertainments in Dubai are marketing tools for Dubai Co, you being part of it without knowing it, to fill in the seats so it looks good and give a good impression to investors and news.
Trade exhibitions, they are not tailored for you, what s the point, watch with envy, you are not going to buy that latest Ferrari, and the appartment you may invest in will turn out to be a scam? how about dog shows, lingery runways, stamps and collectibles, cheese festival, October Fest, Carnival, toy shows, Agriculture shows.
Restaurants and hotels are great, I concur, but not good enough to overcome the risks to get busted by the CID for the silliest reasons, breath dust all day long and get 2nd degree burns by the scorching sun.
And even if you wanted to retire there, you could not, you would be quicked out when you turn 60, at best.

Sheikh Eissa faced the music, you ran away. Do you know who runs away? Cowards.

You claim you ran away without any money? Want to explain how you got the hummer? Want to explain how you live like a king of theives in USA?

DO you know how many people work in government organizations or companies that are owned by the government, yet we do not hear about those people being arrested or their lives put in jeopardy. It takes 2 hands to clap so herBIE you did something and thats why they came after you. You should be thankful that even though they have the money the power, they still havent come for you otherwise they would have killed you by hiring a killer :D. But the fact is those people are not killers nor thieves nor murderers, they have decided to spare your life over millions of dollars.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

herve wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Herve,

Please don’t make any presumptions about me. You don’t know me. You don’t know what I do, or why I am here, or how much traveling I do every year, or which beaches or facilities I use, or what kind of lifestyle I have here in Dubai and abroad, or whether I can retire here or not!

That said, I must also say that I never claimed that Dubai had the best of everything. Or that it is better than Paris, NY or London. Or that it's even as good as some of the other “touristy” places around the world. Re-read my post if you’re not sure!!

In case you forgot, you earlier asked us to name one good thing about Dubai, just one thing. And I merely answered -- with actually more than what you had asked for. Pure and simple!

Dubai no doubt lacks a lot of things, and it is not, exclusively, the only place in the world that has what it has (except perhaps for the tallest building), but it is not ALL bad as you had claimed!!

If there wasn’t anything, AT ALL, good about Dubai, no one would be living here, would they???

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: UAE below N Korea and Egypt in New Quality of Life Index!!!! Feb 15, 2010
rudeboy wrote:

If they are locals they get 100 chances or more lol..
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Tom Jones wrote:

In Dubai, I like the beaches, the nice restaurants, the elegant hotels, the entertainment events, the various trade exhibitions, the world class golf courses, the stylish malls and chic shopping, the cheap household help, the easy travelling to anywhere in the world with so many airline choices, the ease of communication (English is widely used)..etc.

However, I certainly would not want to retire here. I hate the crazy (scary) driving and the stifling summer heat!!!

8) 8)

Don't forget the cost of living after you retire. Cheaper to retire in Bangkok.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Stylinexpat wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

And thats 91 more chances than a cat

:lol:
arniegang

arniegang wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

And thats 91 more chances than a cat

:lol:

You kidding me :D
That even worse than the plague! We need some chemicals there :mrgreen:
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat