Water Quality Issues In UAE

Topic locked
Water quality issues in UAE Apr 14, 2012
Having moved into a new apartment here in Dubai, I'm finding that the tapwater is not too bad. Is it me though, or is the bottled water in the shops just ridiculously expensive? RO doesn't seem to do the job, so I wondered what the other posters in here do to ensure top quality drinking water for the home.

It's kind of irritating that Dubai cannot sort its water policy out, because it's building problems for the future. I remember seeing this fantastic contraption at the Expo Center in Sharjah a couple of years ago, which used solar thermal power to heat up the water supply and purify it. Something like 80 litres per day from any source. It was called WaterStillar, or Water Works, something like that - licenced by a European company.

It got me thinking; it makes perfect sense for planners here in the UAE to build some kind of solar system into the infrastructure of the building, so that water from the pipes can be distilled, then redirected to special taps for drinking water.

Is anybody here up-to-date on UAE's water strategy, if there is one?! I guess it's just weird to me, the general lack of information on water quality, and that the government seems so vague on the subject.

Yallahabibi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Water Quality Issues In UAE Apr 14, 2012
Desalination
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Most of the power statiosn also double as Desal Plants, however if you realy want good water you should buy the bottled kind I think its about Dhs8 - 9 for a 5 gallon bottle delivered to your door.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I would never trust the tap water quality - better to use the bottled water as Sage has recommended.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat