To The Forum "Old Guard'

Topic locked
Sep 26, 2009
arniegang wrote: Be lucky, be happy and be healthy - thats all in life that really matters please believe me.

How true, That's all we've got!

arniegang wrote:Look you bunch of Kretins leave Chocs alone. There was a hidden meaning in Chocs message, what she wanted to say was, but was far to subtle, polite and kind was..........

Don't worry bout Chocs mate, she's one tough cookie :D

Take Care!

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
arniegang wrote:Look you bunch of Kretins leave Chocs alone. There was a hidden meaning in Chocs message, what she wanted to say was, but was far to subtle, polite and kind was.........

Arniegang ie ME will be meeting a few old friends from here, aka "old Guard". The reason the "old guard" will be meeting for a drink is that Arniegang ie ME, is dying and has terminal lung cancer, his days left on this earth are ticking away.

It will be the last time Arnie will be able to fly and wanted to say farewell to some of the good and lovely people he has met and befriended on this forum.

I hope this clarifies things clears up any further confusion.

And finally................ to all the old guard. It has been a pleasure knowing ALL of you, yes ALL of you. I know we haven't all seen eye to eye over the last 4 years, but thats real life, not forum life. Be lucky, be happy and be healthy - thats all in life that really matters please believe me. The money and goodies in life ?? You decide on that one.

Over and Out.

Damn sorry to here about this :shock: :(
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 26, 2009
Arniegang that's a tough break, sorry. I hope the party went well. I went to a small farewell party for a good friend with an advanced brain tumour a few years ago. It was a warm and emotional time, and having said goodbyes made it easier for those left behind to deal with afterwards.

Still, Chocoholic was not correct to put a coded message on an open forum to be misinterpreted by the literally hundreds (thousands?) of people that view it. End of story. She should have used PM's if she wasn't trying to score points. If you know her then you must know her. Sage also should see it for what it was.

I hope you leave with style and dignity. One day I hope to at least bow out with the first.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
Well, there you have it then....human life is short, even under the best of conditions whats 80 years (give or take a few) so spend it well. Arnie, good luck to you.
As for chocoholic, she is just plain stupid.....or thats how she comes through on her posts here on this forum.
zonker
BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
Thank you all.

Yes it is true for those who feel the need to have it confirmed. I have 6 months left if unlucky and 12 months at the very most. My time left is dependent on how effective (if at all) my Chemo is, on reducing my tumour (9cm). It is in-operable and too large even for Radiotherapy.

Just be nice to one another will you all please and dont be so judgemental of people like Chocs without knowing the real person.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 26, 2009
Sorry to hear that arnie.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:.
I hope you leave with style and dignity. One day I hope to at least bow out with the first.

Suave indeed Mr Bond! :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat