Speed Limit

Topic locked
speed limit Nov 20, 2007
does anyone know what the maximum speed limit is between Jebel ali and AD ?

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: speed limit Nov 20, 2007
arniegang wrote:does anyone know what the maximum speed limit is between Jebel ali and AD ?

The actual limit is 120km/h

You can go upto 140km/h and the speed traps will not catch you.

I have heard that after the border into A/D you can go upto 160km/h, however I have not tried it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 20, 2007
thanks sage i know the limit is variable and was trying to asertain if there is an official 160 kph limit at some point on that road
arniegang

Nov 20, 2007
There's a group on Facebook almost ritually dedicated to this road.

I have heard the cameras will snap you at anything over 159 (so 160) but people in this group are now reporting snappings at 140 and in some cases 130. The cameras on the Dubai side will get you at 140.
^ian^

Nov 20, 2007
It came in the papers once that some roads between Dubai-AD had limits of 140 and 160 officially. Saw it years ago, but the map didn't make sense to me.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2007
is there a 160 kph Sign anywhere on that road does anyone know ??
arniegang

Nov 20, 2007
arniegang wrote:is there a 160 kph Sign anywhere on that road does anyone know ??

No. Lots of 120 signs on the Dubai side though.
^ian^

Nov 21, 2007
whats the name of the facebook group?
Cybix
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 21, 2007
for the facebook group just search for radar and dubai you'll find it.

See this topic, I posted up a map a while back.
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=13142

The speedlimit on the camera about 2 kms south of MOE used to be set at 160 but they lowered to 140, once you hit the Abu Dhabi border you're safe to go 160 the entire way, at least you were a month ago, things do change.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 21, 2007
The camera just ahead of the MOE heading to Dubai seems to be working suddenly

Its been flashing away.
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 21, 2007
KeithL wrote:The camera just ahead of the MOE heading to Dubai seems to be working suddenly

Its been flashing away.

They have lowered the speed limit from 120kph (140) to 100kph (120), looks like they are getting plenty of donations at the moment.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 21, 2007
just did dubai- AD today, i can confirm that all AD cameras (the ones facing the rear of ur car) clicks only above 160, i was crusing at 160 all the way.

on the dubai side after jebel ali towards AD, i went only upto 130 and nothing clicked. maybe 140 is safe too, but i dont want to try it out :D
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 22, 2007
ok from garhoud bridge till safa park interchange the limit is 100. After safa park till the border it is 120. I have got flashed at 140 and even 150 and I even got flashed at 120 when going towards shj on dxb shj rd.

Abu dhabi the limit is 140. but ppl do 160 even more then that but they usually slow down once they see the camera. the best thing about the cameras in abu dhab is that u can slow down at the last minute cos they will flash u from the back. unlike the dxb cameras which flash from the front.

Going towards abu dhabi from dxb the no of lanes sometimes goes up to 6. I have seen ppl drive in the FURTHEST lane to the right over 160 but I have never known if the camera flashed or not because it was in the day. And you cant tell that easily if the camera flashed or not.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2007
ok from garhoud bridge till safa park interchange the limit is 100. After safa park till the border it is 120.

This is incorrect, they have revised the speed limit down to 100kph from Safa Park as far as MoE, check out the speed limit signs.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 24, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
ok from garhoud bridge till safa park interchange the limit is 100. After safa park till the border it is 120.

This is incorrect, they have revised the speed limit down to 100kph from Safa Park as far as MoE, check out the speed limit signs.

hmmm they probably have changed the limit to 100kph from safa park interchange to MOE. I usually go on Emirates road so maybe thats y.

Long live emirates road :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2007
Dubai border - Abu Dhabi = 160
Dubai border - Al Ain = 140 ( 160 unsure )
Dubai border - R.A.K/Fujeirah = 140

Also, there are flashless laser radars in abu dhabi (before the airport exit)

i was in abu dhabi last week and was driving back on around 180 kmph but didnt flash .. guess its just lucky me.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat