Skirts/Dresses Or Trousers?

Topic locked
Re: Skirts/Dresses Or Trousers? Jul 08, 2011
@BM .. I wear the sarwal when I'm wearing Kandora ;)
It would be interesting to know what kind of underwears different nations wear :mrgreen:

@Herve .. Still suffering from Schizophrenia? I understand that you're damn jealous from Arabs.
Did you ever wonder how I, as a Persian look at you anyways? ;)

symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote: @Herve .. Still suffering from Schizophrenia? I understand that you're damn jealous from Arabs.

No.. I already know...
You look me up, just like on your avatar :)
And by the way where is Persia, could not find it, I found Iran though, a $hit hole.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Skirts/Dresses or Trousers? Jul 08, 2011
herve wrote:
general_A wrote: ok so you are telling me that scottish men are too good to have anything in common with arab men? they wear tennis skirts for f@#k sake, with all due respect to scottish people. my comment was supposed to be a joke, besides i'd like to see someone try and "flatten my nose", i bet he wont.

and i'm the one supposed to come up with the wierdest comments :lol:

pfffffffffft, flatten my nose :lol:

It is more that arabs are not good enough to have anything in common with the Scottish,
So, you a fighter al general?, I doubt it, I never encountered one during my service, more like run and hide, and they sell their brothers to get away when they are cornered. On the street side I had good fights with Brits and Russians, with arabs it was just practice.
Anyways when arabs hit somebody, it is because he is on the ground or it is a woman.

Oh look, an Internet warrior, though I bet you won't say any of your crap above to any Arabs unless they were little kids, you know, the ones that would run away.
You sound like a child talking about who you fought on the street. That's all you fought? Brits and Russians? LOL, and u judge if a was a fighter or not lol. Well atleast I did it in the ring with professionals. Care to step in? Let me answer this for you,,, no you won't. Sto making yourself sound like you are something. You sound just like the rest who judge me wrong.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

herve wrote:
symmetric wrote: @Herve .. Still suffering from Schizophrenia? I understand that you're damn jealous from Arabs.

No.. I already know...
You look me up, just like on your avatar :)
And by the way where is Persia, could not find it, I found Iran though, a $hit hole.

I said "persiaN" and not "persia".
I refered to myself as being from the Persian ethnicity, and did not mention Persia the kingdom. Like I said earlier, you are stupid indeed. Seems you're not just deadly jealous from Arabs, but also from Persians :D

I look up to great legacy of my people, and the good days to come.
I don't even bother look down at the garbage that I step on ;)

-- Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:11 am --

herve wrote:It is more that arabs are not good enough to have anything in common with the Scottish,
So, you a fighter al general?, I doubt it, I never encountered one during my service, more like run and hide, and they sell their brothers to get away when they are cornered. On the street side I had good fights with Brits and Russians, with arabs it was just practice.
Anyways when arabs hit somebody, it is because he is on the ground or it is a woman.

general_A wrote: Oh look, an Internet warrior, though I bet you won't say any of your crap above to any Arabs unless they were little kids, you know, the ones that would run away.
You sound like a child talking about who you fought on the street. That's all you fought? Brits and Russians? LOL, and u judge if a was a fighter or not lol. Well atleast I did it in the ring with professionals. Care to step in? Let me answer this for you,,, no you won't. Sto making yourself sound like you are something. You sound just like the rest who judge me wrong.

General, let me tell you something about this talkative garbage bag.
"It" has devoted its life to just express its hatred towards Arabs and other middle eastern people in allll related aspects, because we never stop throwing our garbage into its big mouth. Poor garbage bag, doesn't have a brain to understand that it has been made and put for this purpose, so it'll never shut up untill its mouth is full ;)
symmetric
BANNED

So then, Symm does wear a skirt!

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

And the whole world does acknowledge that they learned how to wear pants from us Iranians 8)
symmetric
BANNED

Iranian? you keep jumping between the two houses Symm, which is it, Iranian or Persian, Iran didn't come to be until the 1930's?

I thought it was in Siberia and Northern Saxony where trousers were first used? I guess it's a moot point eeh?

Dillon

Dillon wrote:Iranian? you keep jumping between the two houses Symm, which is it, Iranian or Persian, Iran didn't come to be until the 1930's?

Iran came to be "Iran" since Aryans enter this area, which would be Late of second millennium BC.

Review your history classes Dillon!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Asia_1300bc.jpg
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Dillon wrote:Iranian? you keep jumping between the two houses Symm, which is it, Iranian or Persian, Iran didn't come to be until the 1930's?

I thought it was in Siberia and Northern Saxony where trousers were first used? I guess it's a moot point eeh?

How ignorant. I would never lecture a german about the history of Germany.

Iran, a term refers to the Aryan tribes (Aryayi), a number of tribes that settled on the plateau today known as the Iranian plateau. Tribes that all share the same origin, but later on developed their own distinguished dialects.
The term Aryan, means noble. It has NOTHING to do with Hitler's concept of Aryansm (blonde blue eyed) that has been adopted by him and other Europeans from our Iranian heritage. We are not blonde, nor blue eyed, we look very similarly like Mediterranean people, so we got similar variety of features.

Fars, Kurds, Azaris, Bakhtiaris, Loris, Talysh, Gilanis, Tajiks, etc they are all the offsprings of earlier Iranian tribes.
Iran was addressed with several alternatives such as Mada (Media), Parsa (Persia), depending on the dominance of which tribe. The Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks addressed Iran with Persia, and the name became so common. On the other hands, the people of India and Moghols who later ruled it interestingly refered to us as Iranians instead of Persians, perhaps they were more aware of our identity as they adopted our Islamic religion, Persian language, and sort of our civilization. Even Arabs later on, once they clicked with us, they got to visualize this fact.

Do you wish you were a Persian/Iranian Dillon?
Pants were first worn by Iranians, read more about it before I bore you with another of my lectures (Full stop)
symmetric
BANNED

@symmetric it's alright bro, he's just trying to show me how tough he is from behind the screen by talking about it, seems that's what he's only good at. Let him talk, I just would like to see where he wants to go with it, it's cool :D
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote: Oh look, an Internet warrior, though I bet you won't say any of your crap above to any Arabs unless they were little kids, you know, the ones that would run away.

I stand by what I said, based on my experience, 10 years of fighting in the former communists countries and in the Middle East, I NEVER faced adversity from arabs because they were always running away and would never take up a fight. The ones I caught, were crying for their mothers, tough guys? you make me laught, I know what I saw. I have never been on a ring, but with more than 20 years on tatami mats I am very confident with myself :D . For what I know, fights between karatekas and boxers , the karateka always win because boxers have limitations. To me you are just an anonymous avatar with no credentials and a big mouth.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:

I stand by what I said, based on my experience, 10 years of fighting in the former communists countries and in the Middle East, I NEVER faced adversity from arabs because they were always running away and would never take up a fight. The ones I caught, were crying for their mothers, tough guys? you make me laught, I know what I saw. I have never been on a ring, but with more than 20 years on tatami mats I am very confident with myself :D . For what I know, fights between karatekas and boxers , the karateka always win because boxers have limitations. To me you are just an anonymous avatar with no credentials and a big mouth.

You call me a big mouth when it is you talking about fighting guys in the streets and how much of a tough guy you are. I don't fight street fights, I step in (not on the ring like you say) to be matched up with someone who is willing to take as much as give back. Maybe that's the difference between me and you. I've had my share of wars in the ring pal. Have you been in a 12 round brawl before? I recommend you do so, only then you would know what boxing is all about, that's if you make it past 4 which I highly doubt you would, I've been doing that since I was 15 and I had the pleasure of passing down what I have learned to others, whom one of them is now the WKBF middle east heavyweight champion. I'm not a street fighter, I honour what I have by competing in organised bouts against other well schooled boxers, from different nationalities and boxing styles. You simply don't know anything about me, and unlike you I don't Bragg about it I only said what I've said to let you know that I'm no stranger to the fight game. Sure bxers have limitations, but it take a sh1t load of skill to be a top class boxer, even shamrock said it, and he is a legend in MMA, ever wonder why pro boxers make the most money?
Boxers are supposed to fight boxers, just like football players compete with other footballers. only a fool trys to compare a sport to another.

This discussion is getting so silly and I'm ashamed to be apart of it, and I would like to apologise to everyone for it. I'll be the bigger man and walk away from it.

And you as a seasoned martial artist should be ashamed. I thought martial artists respected their masters and their own skill and power and never use it in street fights.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Skirts/Dresses Or Trousers? Jul 09, 2011
I don't know if I should interrupt these boy issues :lol: .... Herve was part of the French Army or Secret Service or something I think. Professionally trained and paid to kick people's butts.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

And ran away wearing a girly dress ;)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Skirts/Dresses or Trousers? Jul 09, 2011
general_A wrote:
This discussion is getting so silly and I'm ashamed to be apart of it, and I would like to apologise to everyone for it. I'll be the bigger man and walk away from it.

And you as a seasoned martial artist should be ashamed. I thought martial artists respected their masters and their own skill and power and never use it in street fights.

Interesting how we jumped from skirts to fights.
Anyways, we can't compare boxing and martial arts. Boxing is a sport to perfom in a ring with rules, like you said in 12 rounds and they make a lot of money, and you probably know much more about it then me. Martial arts purpose is not competition or to make money unless you teach it, it is to put out an opponent(s) as quickly as possible in any which way. no rules here but to save your skin. Using techniques that break bones or vital organs. In the military we practice a combination of martial arts, never boxing. Boxers wear gloves, and it is a complete different thing to hit something with bare nuckkles.
As far as street fights, I was always in self defense, mostly while doing my job and one time defending 2 ladies in a subway car against a 4 thugs in those scum infested Paris subburbs. Did I enjoy it, hell yes... so what. The "never use it" is non sense, you use it when you need it.

-- Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:39 am --

desertdudeshj wrote:And ran away wearing a girly dress ;)

:lol: you call an abaya a girly dress??? you are seriously disturbed, an abaya looks like a ghost or a ninja suit, nothing girly there. I had 60 pounds of equipment strapped on my body, nobody made a difference. very girly indeed,
In the civilization women wear dresses and skirts, in your dump men wear dresses and women are like shadows, from a distance you dont even make a difference between front and back, or if they come to you, or walk away.
You see you missed the point completely, the reason why I dressed in an abaya, was NOT to look like a woman, it was to be invisible, because that is the purpose of the abaya: make women invisible. And it worked...
Now we are back to skirts and dresses topic :)
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

symmetric wrote:

How ignorant. I would never lecture a german about the history of Germany...

Pants were first worn by Iranians, read more about it before I bore you with another of my lectures (Full stop)

Ignorant? I hope you’re not slipping back into your alter ego, so soon after your ‘declaration’, your ‘Mr angry’ persona is not a place you should revisit Symm.

While the history of the region is well documented, it was In 1935, when Reza Shah Pehlavi changed the internationally known name of Persia to Iran, this is the context to which I was referring.

It would appear, that you and Mel need to brush up on your recent history of your homeland!

Thanks, but no thanks, I’m more than comfortable with my ethnicity, And it was definitely the people of Mal'ta-Buret' in Siberia who wore the first trousers! Check your sources.

:wink:
Dillon

Trousers a must over arab men dress here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL6_Qaj7 ... re=related
:D
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Seeing that video reminded me of Peter Kaye's video for comic relief when Ronnie Corbett fell off the treadmill. Funny as hell. That in turn reminded me off the spoof done of that video by some squaddies in Iraq a few years ago.

Its heartwarming to see that our lads can enjoy themselves in bloody awful conditions. Much respect to the Royal Dragoon Guards, every one of them a hero!

Bethsmum

So Dillon and Herve, the crook and his freind, the two super racists are at it here too. Herve is resentful, he wanted to make a few million more, but was caught, and ran away. I wonder what business Dillon is upto. 8) 8)
zonker
BANNED

Dillon wrote:
symmetric wrote:

How ignorant. I would never lecture a german about the history of Germany...

Ignorant? I hope you’re not slipping back into your alter ego, so soon after your ‘declaration’, your ‘Mr angry’ persona is not a place you should revisit Symm.

While the history of the region is well documented, it was In 1935, when Reza Shah Pehlavi changed the internationally known name of Persia to Iran, this is the context to which I was referring.

It would appear, that you and Mel need to brush up on your recent history of your homeland!

Thanks, but no thanks, I’m more than comfortable with my ethnicity, And it was definitely the people of Mal'ta-Buret' in Siberia who wore the first trousers! Check your sources.

:wink:

I'm not justifying anything with regard to my declaration, to you or anyone else. Perhaps you should declare stuff rather than using it as a priceless token. You fail to see the insult in your comments that provoked me and Mel and can easily provoke any other Iranic person, acting like the most big-headed man in the world insulting us by questioning our history. Even Mel jumped in and replied back to your insult.

I'm not repeating my lecture to you. Since you're so full of ego and stone headed then there is no need to educate you with our remarkable history, something beyond your level of morals. We're all aware that Reza Shah officially asked the world to address Iran with its current name instead of Persia, and that's because Iran was the local common term used among Iranians resembling its unity. Its something very cultural and part of our deep heritage. You chose to read some headline info from a random website and then debate us about our history. Talking about ego and ignorance. Need a mirror?

Pants were first recorded in history as being the clothes of the Iranian people.
Ask the Greeks, ask the Romans, ask the Arabs, ask any other people in history. In all historical images you see Iranians wearing what's known as pants/trousers. Where is your proof about the Siberians??

P.S: I don't see you bothered with Herve's extreme racist and hateful comments. Instead, you were questioning my morals after insulting my history. Are we talking double standards again? Go declare something both you and Herve.
symmetric
BANNED

Oh really? :lol: Can you please provide any resource to prove that so we can rewrite Iran's history or is that part of British propaganda?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Melika jan, just because they started using the term Iran recently in their documentation, they decided to ignore the existence of allll of our history & civilization. Since 1935?? LOL konam! :lol:
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:Melika jan, just because they started using the term Iran recently in their documentation, they decided to ignore the existence of allll of our history & civilization. Since 1935?? LOL konam! :lol:

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

herve wrote:
general_A wrote:

Interesting how we jumped from skirts to fights.
Anyways, we can't compare boxing and martial arts. Boxing is a sport to perfom in a ring with rules, like you said in 12 rounds and they make a lot of money, and you probably know much more about it then me. Martial arts purpose is not competition or to make money unless you teach it, it is to put out an opponent(s) as quickly as possible in any which way. no rules here but to save your skin. Using techniques that break bones or vital organs. In the military we practice a combination of martial arts, never boxing. Boxers wear gloves, and it is a complete different thing to hit something with bare nuckkles.
As far as street fights, I was always in self defense, mostly while doing my job and one time defending 2 ladies in a subway car against a 4 thugs in those scum infested Paris subburbs. Did I enjoy it, hell yes... so what. The "never use it" is non sense, you use it when you need it.

First of all I salute you for sticking up for them two ladies, only god knows that I would have done the same, there is nothing I dispice more or achens my heart than to see a lady getting hurt.
Second I'm glad we both now came to agreement that two different combat sports are different from each other in many terms such as purpose and effectiveness when used on different grounds
Ps. Boxers will always get in big trouble for fighting outside the ring because in many countries their knuckles are considered weapons, that's just some additional information I thought I might share with everyone.
Well, I guess we can now go back to skirts and dresses, or abayas if you prefer hehehe, and yes that was just a joke, again.
Peace
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

symmetric wrote:Melika jan, just because they started using the term Iran recently in their documentation, they decided to ignore the existence of allll of our history & civilization. Since 1935?? LOL konam! :lol:

Symmetric, I agree, Iran is one of the oldest civilizations. And definitely it has been known as Iran since the Sassanids whose rule started in 224. The word Persia was coined later probably from the times of the Greeks, and taken up later by Britain.
You are right, no body should lecture you on your own land, but Dillon cant take a hint. He needs something stronger.
zonker
BANNED

symmetric wrote:I'm not justifying anything with regard to my declaration, to you or anyone else. Perhaps you should declare stuff rather than using it as a priceless token. You fail to see the insult in your comments that provoked me and Mel and can easily provoke any other Iranic person, acting like the most big-headed man in the world insulting us by questioning our history. Even Mel jumped in and replied back to your insult.

I'm not repeating my lecture to you. Since you're so full of ego and stone headed then there is no need to educate you with our remarkable history, something beyond your level of morals. We're all aware that Reza Shah officially asked the world to address Iran with its current name instead of Persia, and that's because Iran was the local common term used among Iranians resembling its unity. Its something very cultural and part of our deep heritage. You chose to read some headline info from a random website and then debate us about our history. Talking about ego and ignorance. Need a mirror?

Pants were first recorded in history as being the clothes of the Iranian people.
Ask the Greeks, ask the Romans, ask the Arabs, ask any other people in history. In all historical images you see Iranians wearing what's known as pants/trousers. Where is your proof about the Siberians??

P.S: I don't see you bothered with Herve's extreme racist and hateful comments. Instead, you were questioning my morals after insulting my history. Are we talking double standards again? Go declare something both you and Herve.

You know Symm, it’s a crying shame you can’t engage in an adult conversation and you have to resort to personal insults in all your replies, it really does show you to be such a petulant child.

Herve is having a pop at you my friend, fight your own battles. Pants? Still Siberian I’m afraid you’re wrong on that one as well!

melika969 wrote:

Oh really? :lol: Can you please provide any resource to prove that so we can rewrite Iran's history or is that part of British propaganda?

Why certainly dear, and propoganda is so very un-British don't you know;

From Persia to Iran
In 1935 Reza Shah Pehlavi issued a letter to the League of Nations insisting that his country be referred to as Iran and not Persia, as the name "Persia" represented one ethnic group (Persians) in Iran (Reza Shah himself had some non-Persian ancestry) and others ethnic groups had contributed to Iranian heritage. This was not a change in the country's name but rather a demand addressed to the external world that the country be called by the historical name of the country, used by its native people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez%C4%81_Sh%C4%81h

When "Persia" became "Iran"
This article is a part of "Persia or Iran" by Professor Ehsan Yarshater, published in Iranian Studies, Vol. XXII, No.1, 1989.
In 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian.

http://www.farsinet.com/farsi/

If you two ladies would like any further references to when Reza Shah Pehlavi officially changed the name of Persia to Iran just let me know and I’ll google some more results for you.

:lol: :lol:
Dillon

Dillon, I believe your first comment was not about the change of name of Iran, but it was about an independant country named Iran.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well I have to admit I was never very interested in history at school. Anything that happened before last week, when I was a kid, never really bothered me.

DF is a mine of information!
I always thought the Romans did every thing first and now I'm told it's the Persians. I think Monty Python needs to rewrite the following sketch to 'What Have The Persians Ever Done For Us?' :D

Bethsmum

melika969 wrote:Dillon, I believe your first comment was not about the change of name of Iran, but it was about an independant country named Iran.

No Mel, it was always about the change of name, I'm not so green as cabbage looking!

Dillon

Dillon wrote:
melika969 wrote:Dillon, I believe your first comment was not about the change of name of Iran, but it was about an independant country named Iran.

No Mel, it was always about the change of name, I'm not so green as cabbage looking!

What's wrong with cabbage Dillon? you could just say you are not as green as a normal Englishman! :D :wink: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat