Skirts/Dresses Or Trousers?

Topic locked
Re: Skirts/Dresses or Trousers? Jul 09, 2011
melika969 wrote:What's wrong with cabbage Dillon? you could just say you are not as green as a normal Englishman! :D :wink: :lol:

Well I could but that wouldn’t be fair on my Countrymen would it Mel? And I hope you’re not insinuating that all Englishmen are varying shades of green? :shock:

I like cabbage actually, raw white and red cabbage in a coleslaw with finely grated carrots and sultanas, savoy cabbage potato and bacon soup, one of my favourites, Mmmmm.

Did you ever find any Marmite in Iran?

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Personally I don't like sultanas in my coleslaw. I don't like mixing savory and sweet.
White cabbage should be used in coleslaw and green cabbage should be steamed and eaten for Sunday lunch with roast lamb.

Everytime my (very intelligent) daughter has a blister on her lip, she refers to it as a coleslaw. It does my bloody head in! It's a bloody cold sore!!!!
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dillon wrote:You know Symm, it’s a crying shame you can’t engage in an adult conversation and you have to resort to personal insults in all your replies, it really does show you to be such a petulant child.

Its absolutely lame that you're complaining about my respose to your rude insult.
You think you know better about my own identity and history? Seriously Dillon?

Your comment is so provoking to any Iranian, I assure you.
You don't just jump out of no where, and question our very simple info of identity.
How arrogant it is for any person to lecture others about their identity?! Rude to the core.

If you're not willing to accept harsh comments towards your rude comments, then think twice before posting such comments.

Dillon wrote: Pants? Still Siberian I’m afraid you’re wrong on that one as well!

Prove it please ..
For as far as we know, the vast majority of historians state that the Iranian people (Scythians, Persians, Medes, etc.) were the first to wear whats known as pants. Greeks, Romans, and Arabs used to all wear some sort of skirt-like dress, while Iranians wore pants, you can see that in all ancient images.

An Iranian-Scythian soldier wearing pants ..

Iranian-Persians & Iranian-Medians soldiers, notice the pants ..
An Iranian-Persian soldier wearing pants against a Greek soldier wearing a skirt ..

An Iranian-Persian (King Shapur) wearing pants, capturing the Roman King Valerian who's wearing a skirt ..

Arabs refer to pants as "Lebas al ajam" meaning "The dress of Persians".
Turks and Moghols adopted the Persian customs, resembled in the pants.

Dillon wrote:
melika969 wrote:Oh really? :lol: Can you please provide any resource to prove that so we can rewrite Iran's history or is that part of British propaganda?

Why certainly dear, and propoganda is so very un-British don't you know;

From Persia to Iran
In 1935 Reza Shah Pehlavi issued a letter to the League of Nations insisting that his country be referred to as Iran and not Persia, as the name "Persia" represented one ethnic group (Persians) in Iran (Reza Shah himself had some non-Persian ancestry) and others ethnic groups had contributed to Iranian heritage. This was not a change in the country's name but rather a demand addressed to the external world that the country be called by the historical name of the country, used by its native people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez%C4%81_Sh%C4%81h

When "Persia" became "Iran"
This article is a part of "Persia or Iran" by Professor Ehsan Yarshater, published in Iranian Studies, Vol. XXII, No.1, 1989.
In 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian.

http://www.farsinet.com/farsi/

If you two ladies would like any further references to when Reza Shah Pehlavi officially changed the name of Persia to Iran just let me know and I’ll google some more results for you.

:lol: :lol:

You're making a big fool out of yourself Dillon. Its as if you're answering your own rude doubtful comments.

My earlier reply to you was not any different. Read below ..

Symmetric wrote:Fars, Kurds, Azaris, Bakhtiaris, Loris, Talysh, Gilanis, Tajiks, etc they are all the offsprings of earlier Iranian tribes.
Iran was addressed with several alternatives such as Mada (Media), Parsa (Persia), depending on the dominance of which tribe.

To all of us Iranic people, we call this whole land Iran-zamin (Iranian land), but other alternative names were used depending on the dominance of which tribe, thus Persia (Pars/Fars people), Media (Medes/Kurds/Azaris), etc.
Having alternative names doesn't change anything.

Outsiders like you who fail to visualise this fact, then try to act smart about it debating it with the natives is what I address as total ignorance and arrogance.

@Zonker, thanks for understanding bro, like you said, people like Dillon can't just get the hint, they need something stronger :lol: Zindebad zonker haha :D
symmetric
BANNED

@symm, So Zonker is your bro because he agrees with you or because he is a Muslim?
Bethsmum

Some very nice pictures Symm but they were all from artwork and sculptures made AFTER the people of Mal'ta-Buret' in Siberia wore the first trousers! Check your sources again. :lol:

When "Persia" became "Iran"
This article is a part of "Persia or Iran" by Professor Ehsan Yarshater, published in Iranian Studies, Vol. XXII, No.1, 1989.
In 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian.

It really is as simple as that! the land was known internationally as Persia until the Iranian Government changed it in 1935, learn to live with it after all it is your history! :shock:

Dillon

Re: Skirts/Dresses or Trousers? Jul 10, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:@symm, So Zonker is your bro because he agrees with you or because he is a Muslim?

What in hell does being a Muslim has to do with it?? What dragged such weird thought in your mind??
Why do you always have to drag religion to your doubts and questions?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

How far you think I'd go for using a friendly slang term such as "bro"..?

-- Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:12 am --

Dillon wrote:Some very nice pictures Symm but they were all from artwork and sculptures made AFTER the people of Mal'ta-Buret' in Siberia wore the first trousers! Check your sources again. :lol:

SHOW us any proof from the Mal'ta-Buret that proves your point instead of repeating your words :blackeye:

Dillon wrote:When "Persia" became "Iran"

It really is as simple as that! the land was known internationally as Persia until the Iranian Government changed it in 1935, learn to live with it after all it is your history! :shock:

What is your point? You're repeating my words :blackeye:
Is that you're way of admitting your offensive comments of questioning our identity? :drunken:
symmetric
BANNED

Jul 10, 2011
What in hell does being a Muslim has to do with it?? What dragged such weird thought in your mind??
Why do you always have to drag religion to your doubts and questions??

Keep your hair on!! Just asking :D

-- Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:21 am --

How far you think I'd go for using a friendly slang term such as "bro"..?

Not sure!
Bethsmum

Well as it happens I didn't repeat ANY of your words Symm, you're doing such a good job of that yourself I didn't think you needed any assistance there.

Have you fallen out with your nanny again? is that why you're in such a irritable mood?

Dillon

Re: Skirts/Dresses Or Trousers? Jul 10, 2011
Yes you did, which shows you did understand my lecture very well :D
But you still didn't show any proof about your Siberian friends .. 8)
symmetric
BANNED

Do you drink Symm? are you perhaps taking a little libation this evening? could this be the reason for your incoherrent statements?

Dillon

symmetric wrote: ............
@Zonker, thanks for understanding bro, like you said, people like Dillon can't just get the hint, they need something stronger :lol: Zindebad zonker haha :D

Zindeh basheh symmetric. Man Farsi hum sobat meekunum! :lol:
Woh Iran woh Irania rah kheley doost daram!! :lol:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:
symmetric wrote: ............

Zindeh basheh symmetric. Man Farsi hum sobat meekunum! :lol:
Woh Iran woh Irania rah kheley doost daram!! :lol:

Jesus! this Chardonnay is taking effect tonight :drunken:

The above looks like double dutch to moi!

Guten arbend :drunken:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:@symm, So Zonker is your bro because he agrees with you or because he is a Muslim?

Good question. Although addressed to sym, I hope I can take the liberty to shed some light.
Bro(ther) implies a close relative. Both sym and myself hail from a region that is geographically very close, so I shall not be surprised if we share some genes. What is more, there is certainly a cultural affinity. What to some may appear "double Dutch" is Farsi in fact that I spoke to sym. And of course we are Muslims, although I am not a very good practising Muslim. Then we most probably practice the same unwritten code of ethics which I shall not go into here, but we sure are in agreement in our approach to many things.
All this makes us as near to being brothers, as is possible. 8)
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:

Good question. Although addressed to sym, I hope I can take the liberty to shed some light.
Bro(ther) implies a close relative. Both sym and myself hail from a region that is geographically very close, so I shall not be surprised if we share some genes. What is more, there is certainly a cultural affinity. What to some may appear "double Dutch" is Farsi in fact that I spoke to sym. And of course we are Muslims, although I am not a very good practising Muslim. Then we most probably practice the same unwritten code of ethics which I shall not go into here, but we sure are in agreement in our approach to many things.

Hmm, so this would also explain your affinity with your brother, Abu Waleed in the "Is This The Way Forward For The British Monarchy?" Thread that you are in fact attempting to deny! :?
Dillon

zonker wrote:

Doroste azezam! I'm not very much practising as well, I'm not a cleric, and such thought of BM never crossed my mind. Her question was just so weird, and I didn't want to accuse her of being anti or phobic of whatever.
Indeed, the term "bro" implies a close relative, a harmonic and friendly feeling towards other people in general.

Surely, the people of the middle east (and extended region) share a lot in common in term of ancient heritage including religion, linguistics, clothes, music/art, principles, politics, and the accumalation of all these features brings us -with no doubt- to a closer bond ;)

Az cu Farsi yad migiri Zonker jan? :mrgreen:
Manam mardome khavar miyane dosset douram :wink:

-- Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:30 am --

Dillon wrote:Do you drink Symm? are you perhaps taking a little libation this evening? could this be the reason for your incoherrent statements?

I drink a lot of doogh, I like it with some soda and lots of mint :drunken:
symmetric
BANNED

What a complete load of bollocks. Bros? The next thing is you'll all be having a group hug.
Bethsmum

Dillon wrote:Do you drink Symm? are you perhaps taking a little libation this evening? could this be the reason for your incoherrent statements?

Symm wrote:I drink a lot of doogh, I like it with some soda and lots of mint

I’ve never really warmed to milk and yoghurt based drinks like Laban, Lassi, Ayran or Doogh, I guess it goes back to past experiences of a friend at school one winter, if projectile vomiting was an Olympic event then Andrew Komanynskji would have won hands down, for having drunk a bottle of milk that was still sat in front of a hot radiator to defrost after it was delivered frozen to the school, it came back up, with his breakfast, faster than a speeding bullet, I can still visualise the traumatic event and aftermath, as it set off a chain reaction among the victims who were hit by the first stream of vomit resulting in a day’s work for the poor caretaker who had to clean it all up, half the class had to be taken home for a change of clothes!

Then there was a friend of mine, who after being diagnosed with Influenza was bed ridden, hospitalised after 6 weeks, he lost around 25-30kg and was at death’s door before the Dr’s diagnosed Brucellosis, a bacterial infectious disease which source was identified on a local farm who sold unpasteurised farm bottled milk, a product at the time that was considered superior to most other milk products.

You should try the odd bottle of Snecklifter, Old Peculier, Tanglefoot or Old Speckled Hen Symm, it’s much safer than Milk!

:lol:
Dillon

Dillon wrote:
zonker wrote:

Hmm, so this would also explain your affinity with your brother, Abu Waleed in the "Is This The Way Forward For The British Monarchy?" Thread that you are in fact attempting to deny! :?

You sound like a broken record. Abu Waleed is one of yours, a Brit, so deal with him. You seem to have collected a lot of "nuts" there, or maybe the rarefied air of Britain is conducive to producing them.
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:
You sound like a broken record. Abu Waleed is one of yours, a Brit, so deal with him. You seem to have collected a lot of "nuts" there, or maybe the rarefied air of Britain is conducive to producing them.

Hmm, I rather think it's the Social Welfare System that attracts them to the UK rather than the fresh air and rest assured Z, I'm sure the authorities are watching him and his ilk closely, it's his brothers and supporters scattered across the globe that need dealing with.

Dillon

Dillon wrote:
melika969 wrote:What's wrong with cabbage Dillon? you could just say you are not as green as a normal Englishman! :D :wink: :lol:

Well I could but that wouldn’t be fair on my Countrymen would it Mel? And I hope you’re not insinuating that all Englishmen are varying shades of green? :shock:

I like cabbage actually, raw white and red cabbage in a coleslaw with finely grated carrots and sultanas, savoy cabbage potato and bacon soup, one of my favourites, Mmmmm.

Did you ever find any Marmite in Iran?

Hahaha cheeky cheeky Mel...well directed :lol: :lol:
It's also nice to see Dillion probably the only one on this forum with a sense of humor. God forbid that epithet was directed at someone else...ohhh there would've been acusations galore...racist, some sorta phobe and who know's what not :lol: :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dillon wrote:

Symm wrote:I drink a lot of doogh, I like it with some soda and lots of mint

I’ve never really warmed to milk and yoghurt based drinks like Laban, Lassi, Ayran or Doogh, I guess it goes back to past experiences of a friend at school one winter, if projectile vomiting was an Olympic event then Andrew Komanynskji would have won hands down, for having drunk a bottle of milk that was still sat in front of a hot radiator to defrost after it was delivered frozen to the school, it came back up, with his breakfast, faster than a speeding bullet, I can still visualise the traumatic event and aftermath, as it set off a chain reaction among the victims who were hit by the first stream of vomit resulting in a day’s work for the poor caretaker who had to clean it all up, half the class had to be taken home for a change of clothes!

Then there was a friend of mine, who after being diagnosed with Influenza was bed ridden, hospitalised after 6 weeks, he lost around 25-30kg and was at death’s door before the Dr’s diagnosed Brucellosis, a bacterial infectious disease which source was identified on a local farm who sold unpasteurised farm bottled milk, a product at the time that was considered superior to most other milk products.

You should try the odd bottle of Snecklifter, Old Peculier, Tanglefoot or Old Speckled Hen Symm, it’s much safer than Milk!

Disgusting :shock: I'd vomit if I saw someone vomitting in front of me :shock:
Not the best experiences you've witnessed with dairy products Dillon.

I don't drink alcohol, and raaaarely have any soft drinks as well.
Recently I've reduced the amount of sugar cubes I have with my tea, and cut off 80% of the total amount of junk I used to eat. I used to eat 0.5 L of ice-cream every two days, let alone the chocolate bars, heavy duty local & international desserts, and the chips.
My blood sugar was high as per the last medical check-ups I did 3 months ago :|
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
I don't drink alcohol, and raaaarely have any soft drinks as well.
Recently I've reduced the amount of sugar cubes I have with my tea, and cut off 80% of the total amount of junk I used to eat. I used to eat 0.5 L of ice-cream every two days, let alone the chocolate bars, heavy duty local & international desserts, and the chips.
My blood sugar was high as per the last medical check-ups I did 3 months ago :|

Diabetes, the silent killer, James Brown, John Martyn, Bo Diddley, Syd Barret, BB King and Ella Fitzgerald to name but a few who lived and died in denial of the devastating consequences of diabetes complications, with three of the above having both their legs amputated first!

There are two recent unpublished studies that show the prevalence of diabetes among citizens of the UAE as the second highest in the entire world.

http://www.cags.org.ae/cbc07db.pdf

At least you’ve identified you’re at risk and have time to get it under control! I lost an Uncle to the disease and I can assure you he wasn’t a pretty sight in the Years leading up to his painful demise.

:(
Dillon

Dillon wrote:Diabetes, the silent killer, James Brown, John Martyn, Bo Diddley, Syd Barret, BB King and Ella Fitzgerald to name but a few who lived and died in denial of the devastating consequences of diabetes complications, with three of the above having both their legs amputated first!

There are two recent unpublished studies that show the prevalence of diabetes among citizens of the UAE as the second highest in the entire world.

http://www.cags.org.ae/cbc07db.pdf

At least you’ve identified you’re at risk and have time to get it under control! I lost an Uncle to the disease and I can assure you he wasn’t a pretty sight in the Years leading up to his painful demise.

:(

My grandparents from both sides (maternal+paternal), my mom, 2 direct auntes, 2 direct uncles, and many distant uncles and auntes all are diabetic. I wouldn't be surprised that the Emirates got such a high rank, and its really sad.

I'm sorry for your loss Dillon. You know its not just diabetes, but also cancer.
Last year 3 of my second uncles passed away due to cancer.

I hope God keeps all these diseases away from all of us and our beloved ones :)
symmetric
BANNED

My friend's dad has diabetes. He got a small sore on one of his toes and was treated by his nurse who dressed the wound. Four days later, when the dressing was removed, gangrene had set it and the toe was black. The toe was amputated and the wound was dressed. Four days later the dressings were changed and it was found that the gangrene had spread to three of his other toes. These too, were amutated and maggots were introduced to the site to clean it up. This did not work and the gangrene spread. he later had his leg amputated below the knee.

He hasn't eaten for four weeks and his blood sugars have gone through the roof. He has been in hospital for two months and has lost more than two stones. I don't think my friend expects her dad to live much longer.

Watch you diet Sym, I've noticed Arabs turn into lard arses as they get older. I'm nor sure about persians tho. :D
Bethsmum

These health stories makes me sad and blue. If only there is a cure for everything.
I am watching my diet lol .. I'm slim already, I'm 175 cm and 66 kg. But blood sugar is what I'm worried about.
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:These health stories makes me sad and blue. If only there is a cure for everything.
I am watching my diet lol .. I'm slim already, I'm 175 cm and 66 kg. But blood sugar is what I'm worried about.

Well Sym, I'm glad to hear it's only your blood sugar you are worried about! I was a bit concerned when you said you were off to Bankok for tests. I hear that's where they have some very good Aids clinics.
Whats the stats like for Aids amongst Arabs?

Que Herve?
Bethsmum

symmetric wrote:These health stories makes me sad and blue. If only there is a cure for everything.

Whats a bad level of blood sugar Sym?

Whats your average?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:

Well Sym, I'm glad to hear it's only your blood sugar you are worried about! I was a bit concerned when you said you were off to Bankok for tests. I hear that's where they have some very good Aids clinics.
Whats the stats like for Aids amongst Arabs?

Que Herve?

BM, I used to take care of my grandpa , 3-4 years in a row, taking him to his doctors in India regularly for endless medical treatments. He had heart diseases, diabetes, eczema, psoriasis, and cancer. I used to wash him, dress him up, walk him, feed him, give him his medicines, etc. Based on my experience with my grandfather, I learnt how to appreciate health. My trips to Thailand are generally for pleasure, but I also go for regular medical check-ups. Its how I got to know about my fatty cyst, and increase in blood sugar.

In Thailand there are a number of good hospitals, attracting not only Emaratis, but also Americans & other westerns. The only thing I dislike about it is that they take advantage of people coming from the UAE and increase their prices that it become so ridiculous. However, their services provided are really uncomparable to the ones in the UAE. They got very well trained crew who speaks Arabic perfectly to facilitate things for Arab speaking people.

-- Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:53 pm --

drewpeacock wrote:

Whats a bad level of blood sugar Sym?

Whats your average?

My blood sugar (fasting) was 140, which is not good.
The doctor encouraged me to immediately fix my diet.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Skirts/Dresses or Trousers? Jul 11, 2011
From skirts/dresses/trousers to health. :o
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Skirts/Dresses or Trousers? Jul 11, 2011
Just healthy discussion Bora.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat