Should Etisalat Offer BlackBerry Customers Some Compensation

Topic locked
Should Etisalat offer BlackBerry customers some compensation Jul 27, 2009
Should Etisalat offer BlackBerry customers some form of compensation?

Nice poll here...

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/specialr ... re-scandal

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 27, 2009
Uhhh no... Etisalat should be prosecuted for their criminal actions. This probably falls under hacking and fraud. Not that that'll actually happen seeing as Etisalat *is* the government.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 27, 2009
More than 50 percent of Etisalat customers are going for DU in poll.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/562771-m ... lat---poll

Also check out this funny Blackberry song of Catboy from Radio Dubai 92.

Ciao
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 27, 2009
Du = Damned Useless
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Du = Damned Useless

See it from a bright side Sage, like we know of you; when more customers switch from Etisalat to Du, then more revenue means better cash flow and resulting in greater innovative budgets.

All that money goes to a competitive company that can lower prices eventually taking market share from Etisalat. If only a third player could enter the market then the party is really going for customer service and price competition. Its common market function Sage.

Just take broadband costs of equal connections in Europe that faces healthy competition:
In Dubai you pay like 500 to 700 dirhams for a 16 to 24Mbit fiber connection. But in my country for instance we pay about 250 Dirhams for the same connections. (20 to 24 Mbit)

Both companies will find their own honest market share eventually. In my opinion, etisalat is too nationalized. Reading all the complaints of their customers about recent SIM connection issues and the Blackberry scandal, its clear that Etisalat has bad customer service, inconsistent services, uncompetetive prices and now a spying reputation. This is asking for troubles for this company. Time to change management from an investor standpoint if you ask me.
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
^^^You're thousands of miles away from where Etisalat and Du operate.

Do you really have to comment on this issue?
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:^^^You're thousands of miles away from where Etisalat and Du operate.

Yes, because it might come close near me when I get that job I'm after.

Above all, I'm an global citizen. I don't think like you ;)

Thank you 8)
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:^^^You're thousands of miles away from where Etisalat and Du operate.

Thank you 8)

So after a long time of being unemployed in your country, you're finally getting a job in Dubai or somewhere near?

What a wonderful workforce we get from Europe!
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Thank you 8)

So after a long time of being unemployed in your country, you're finally getting a job in Dubai or somewhere near?

I can't even get close to serious about this :lol:

Your topping your loser status now. :wink:
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Thank you 8)

Well, just compare what you're doing right now to closing a deal of millions that I'm finalizing the preparations for, right now.

Now, tell me who's the loser?

Do you think talking too much on a forum makes you a winner?

No honey, go get a life.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Thank you 8)

Well, just compare what you're doing right now to closing a deal of millions that I'm finalizing the preparations for, right now.

No honey, go get a life.

Hey, bank clerks handle a lot of other people's money too.';)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

No honey, go get a life.

Hey, bank clerks handle a lot of other people's money too.';)

No matter how big your deal is. The point is that your judgement skills are lacking. They are inappropriate.

Instead of admitting, you went on the loser spree by trying to offend me, which obviously ain't gonna work. I'm to smart for that fellow.

Hope your deal goes well. You might wanna improve your communication skills a bit also ;) :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Hey, bank clerks handle a lot of other people's money too.';)

Welcome to the mess :D .

If so, do you think I would bother to work till 10pm?
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:

Ahh so thats it. You're just a bit tense and cranky at the same time to get this deal done... ;)

Well mate. Here's some support. You can do it! :D
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

Ahh so thats it. You're just a bit tense and cranky at the same time to get this deal done... ;)

No Robby, you and MCL have attitude problem. You think you're better than others. Arrogance can can get you in big troubles.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

No Robby, you and MCL have attitude problem. You think you're better than others. Arrogance can can get you in big troubles.

Hmm, I would like to agree with you on this one, but my close surroundings say I can't. :D

And you couldn't be more wrong towards MCL. He's a decent and humble person. I followed him more than two weeks FYI ;)

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion.
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
ooooooook back to the subject now.....

roggbyg etisalate is doing well actually and expanding world wide , do search their latest investments and expanding think Etisalate made a really bad software choice nothing more. I can’t find a reason for a communication com to spy on it is customers beside the VIPs are using the blackberry phone so….. no I don’t think so LOL

etisaalte is a shareholder company so it is a ppl company not a government and I have to support their monopoly game here, they are the only company in the UAE that pays back to the local community starting from building housing to supporting most of the main events in UAE and we are talking millions of dirham’s yearly.

beside I really believe that both DU and etisalate are one, but they created DU for the monopoly to disappear LOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 27, 2009
uaekid wrote:ooooooook back to the subject now.....

roggbyg etisalate is doing well actually and expanding world wide , do search their latest investments and expanding think Etisalate made a really bad software choice nothing more. I can’t find a reason for a communication com to spy on it is customers beside the VIPs are using the blackberry phone so….. no I don’t think so LOL

etisaalte is a shareholder company so it is a ppl company not a government and I have to support their monopoly game here, they are the only company in the UAE that pays back to the local community starting from building housing to supporting most of the main events in UAE and we are talking millions of dirham’s yearly.

beside I really believe that both DU and etisalate are one, but they created DU for the monopoly to disappear LOL

Its weird, but I had that same hunch. Interesting point you make ;)
RobbyG

Jul 28, 2009
Etisalat is only partially privately-owned. The majority (60% by most online sources) is owned by the government.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Du = Damned Useless

DU = Duopoly
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 28, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

Hmm, I would like to agree with you on this one, but my close surroundings say I can't. :D

And you couldn't be more wrong towards MCL. He's a decent and humble person. I followed him more than two weeks FYI ;)

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion.

Whoaa Thanx for the kinds words dude. It's Appreciated! :D

This Metaphor is something, just yesterday he was busy writing a thesis, today he's busy closing multi mllion dollar deals ( on DF?) tomorrow he'll be flying at the Red Bull races, and after that he'll be tasting the wine from his wineyards with Haifa Wahbe. Even a pendulum swings less! :lol:

It sickens me when people seem to attach one's worth to money, status, job profile etc. For them life is nothing but a rat race!

And finally Etisalat. Yea it makes sense that they will work in conjecture with Du.
And yes Etisalat is a hugely profitable company, that rewads their Emirati shareholders like no other. Etisalat has been a major catalyst for growth in UAE.
Du was essentially and is essentially a player in Free Trade Zones. I use a DU Sim card and the coverage in Abu-Dhabi has nothing on Etisalat.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2009
And then we have the sheep, one of them commenting as :

in my opinion, we should be thankfull for such a government as the UAE in doing so. I would trust a government like this to spy on my blackberry actions rather than have it vulnerable and unnotified of "other" hackers.
I see its management of the economy in bad times and its security strength and trust its actions, whom I know are always towards the overall best.why should it bother me if its spies on me if im not doing anything wrong?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 29, 2009
:D
Yep some people deserve what they get....I think he should insist on an Etisalat live feed web camera from his apartment also. He's got nothing to hide ;)

Have to be free to air though, he sounds too boring to watch.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2009
I actually have a very good friend from school who is now working for RIM in kitchener in Canada ( he gets to debug and check all the new BB's before they come out in the market, bugger had a fancy one when he came last dec, yet to see it out ) and he says RIM doesn't actually know about it, and says something like this has to go through them and for sure RIM would never approve of something like this.
desertdudeshj

Jul 31, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Uhhh no... Etisalat should be prosecuted for their criminal actions. This probably falls under hacking and fraud. Not that that'll actually happen seeing as Etisalat *is* the government.

+1000

LOL.. Compensate?? Locals don't compensate anyone let alone pay what was ordered in their local courts.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 31, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:And then we have the sheep, one of them commenting as :

in my opinion, we should be thankfull for such a government as the UAE in doing so. I would trust a government like this to spy on my blackberry actions rather than have it vulnerable and unnotified of "other" hackers.
I see its management of the economy in bad times and its security strength and trust its actions, whom I know are always towards the overall best.why should it bother me if its spies on me if im not doing anything wrong?

LOL..
:lol:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 01, 2009
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 01, 2009
janathar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4XChRcGhGU

That's weird!

I'd like to see one where the Emirates Towers collapse around each other like lovers entangled. Not in real life of course....those are about the only towers in modern Dubai that I think are art, the way their joint perspective changes as you drive around them from a distance.

Also it's sad how the Trade Centre looks so tiny and powerless now, with all the new skyscrapers looming around it :(
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 01, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
janathar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4XChRcGhGU

That's weird!

I'd like to see one where the Emirates Towers collapse around each other like lovers entangled. Not in real life of course....those are about the only towers in modern Dubai that I think are art, the way their joint perspective changes as you drive around them from a distance.

Also it's sad how the Trade Centre looks so tiny and powerless now, with all the new skyscrapers looming around it :(

Trade Centre, I remember when it stood alone, it's still a good building though.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 01, 2009
It was the main navigation point for new arrivals until you got your bearings. You could see it from miles and miles away! :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat