i wont see wwe anymore when i move to dubai :shock:
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2008
Oh my God - there's more to life than TV :roll:
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 29, 2008
Satellite: 150 channels...and nothing on!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 29, 2008
scarlet wrote:Oh my God - there's more to life than TV :roll:

Not when you have no job! :oops:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2008
I have heard rumour of...and mind you this is purely hypothetical and not in any way a possibility or reality that anyone should or would offer such a thing due to the highly unethical and potentially dodginess of the act or thought of the act...that you can obtain something called a 'Golden Card' for you satellite decoder.

It unscrambles everything...

Except eggs.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 30, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:I have heard rumour of...and mind you this is purely hypothetical and not in any way a possibility or reality that anyone should or would offer such a thing due to the highly unethical and potentially dodginess of the act or thought of the act...that you can obtain something called a 'Golden Card' for you satellite decoder.

Except eggs.

Knight

Or you can use descrambling software on your computer through a TV-sat card.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:I have heard rumour of...and mind you this is purely hypothetical and not in any way a possibility or reality that anyone should or would offer such a thing due to the highly unethical and potentially dodginess of the act or thought of the act...that you can obtain something called a 'Golden Card' for you satellite decoder.

Except eggs.

Knight

would one know were to obtain such a card??? :shock:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2008
gezza wrote:

Except eggs.

Knight

You have to go into a satellite shop, and kind of like say "you know where I can get one of those special cars?"

They will try to charge you 3000 dirhams for it. Fair value is 1500... but it's not worth it. You can get special boxes and/or a decoder card for a PC for much cheaper.

Anyway, you're in JBR, and the tenancy agreement states No Dishes.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
Dr.D wrote:
gezza wrote:

Except eggs.

Knight

You have to go into a satellite shop, and kind of like say "you know where I can get one of those special cars?"

They will try to charge you 3000 dirhams for it. Fair value is 1500... but it's not worth it. You can get special boxes and/or a decoder card for a PC for much cheaper.

STALKER!!! :shock:
I see loads of people with dishes in jbr.
might risk it :oops:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2008
gezza wrote:
Dr.D wrote:
gezza wrote:

Except eggs.

Knight

You might if you can see the right sat from where you are.

Eventually, they will be removed... but eventually is a long time in Dubai.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
Dr.D wrote:
gezza wrote:
Dr.D wrote:
gezza wrote:

Except eggs.

Knight

You might if you can see the right sat from where you are.

Eventually, they will be removed... but eventually is a long time in Dubai.

Almost as long as 'Bukhra Inshallah!'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 30, 2008
geeza

do you hang your washing to dry over the balcony as well ??

arniegang

Jan 30, 2008
arniegang wrote:geeza

*ahem* yes *ahem* :shock:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2008
Seriously, don't get a dish. I didn't buy my place in JBR expecting a bunch of unemployed Gypo's spoiling my view with satellite dishes. I won't stop complaining until it's removed, and at the same time you can get your laundry off the balcony, cos the site of your soiled underwear will spoil my full sea view.

I suggest getting a job, and leaving the tv and internet alone.
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2008
I suggest you shut your face and butt out of other peoples affairs.
when asked for your opion I will rattle you cage.

MUPPET!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2008
I would have thought asking questions on a public forum makes your affairs open to question (or ridicule in your sad case).

Equally I'm pretty sure that attempting to reduce the value of my investment makes your actions very much my affair.

Seriously though - instead of spending all day spamming this forum, why not get a job? Or are you unemployable? :lol:
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2008
john smith wrote:I would have thought asking questions on a public forum makes your affairs open to question (or ridicule in your sad case).

Equally I'm pretty sure that attempting to reduce the value of my investment makes your actions very much my affair.

Seriously though - instead of spending all day spamming this forum, why not get a job? Or are you unemployable? :lol:

I wouldn't say unemployable...but taking care of two children is keeping me on my toes, thus away from work.
but when I want your opinion I will ask.
Thanks for the advice...

:roll:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2008
gezza wrote:
john smith wrote:I would have thought asking questions on a public forum makes your affairs open to question (or ridicule in your sad case).

I wouldn't say unemployable...but taking care of two children is keeping me on my toes, thus away from work.
but when I want your opinion I will ask.
Thanks for the advice...

:roll:

Don't you think both of you've had enough......

:lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 30, 2008
john smith wrote:Seriously, don't get a dish. I didn't buy my place in JBR expecting a bunch of unemployed Gypo's spoiling my view with satellite dishes. I won't stop complaining until it's removed, and at the same time you can get your laundry off the balcony, cos the site of your soiled underwear will spoil my full sea view.

he seems to be a good partner
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 30, 2008
gezza wrote:
arniegang wrote:geeza

*ahem* yes *ahem* :shock:

Soooooooooooooooooo common :D

Have the local council issued any ASBO's or Eviction notices to anyone in JBR yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 30, 2008
john smith wrote:Seriously, don't get a dish. I didn't buy my place in JBR expecting a bunch of unemployed Gypo's spoiling my view with satellite dishes. I won't stop complaining until it's removed, and at the same time you can get your laundry off the balcony, cos the site of your soiled underwear will spoil my full sea view.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geeza

sooooooooooooooo funny i didnt read this until after i done my post. I thought mine was humerous and a ickle wind up but Mr Smith obviously doesnt see the funny side.

Coronation Steet or Brookside springs to mind here. Still the advantages are Geeza, you may bump into Jack Duckworth or some scallys :lol:

(you will know if the scally are around because the wheels start disappearing off your cars :lol:

PS: I know its confidential Geeza, but how do you get your income support and council tax benefit paid while you are abroad or do you claim working tax credits??

Does JBR have a equal opportunity housing policy for under-represented, vulnerable and ethnic minority groups ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 30, 2008
what percent of JBR residents children qualifies for "free scool meals" ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 31, 2008
Yeah...yeah...I get the point.
Sorry...was havin a bad day yesterday.
I can take a joke!! :oops:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat