Ive Been Hacked :(

Topic locked
Ive been hacked :( Jul 06, 2006
So I cant log in my MSNger & Y!'ger
The 'reset your p.w' option is useless coz both id's are provided as alternative address for one another.
what should I do??

easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Ive been hacked :( Jul 06, 2006
easternjewel wrote:So I cant log in my MSNger & Y!'ger
The 'reset your p.w' option is useless coz both id's are provided as alternative address for one another.
what should I do??

Oh dear!!
Any ideas who's hacked you?? When did it happen and how did you find out??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2006
hey zooter, No idea at all! No suspects coz dont even have enemies :roll:
I could log in until last nite, which I did by 3 AM. Now getting the 'invalid password' error.
easternjewel

Jul 06, 2006
So you are having the same problem with both of them?? Both incorrect passwords?? how long have u been trying for?? Were your passwords saved on your computer (as in they automatically appear when you type in your username)?? If yes, have you tried typing in the passwords yourself?? Daft questions I know, but worth a try
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2006
yep, same prob with both of em. Infact I just made a new id 2 days ago which not too many ppl know about, xcept my msger buddies, have also been hacked! ( all the 3 id's had same p.w)

Yep p/ws were saved, I did try typing them as well, no luck!
I channged my DF password aswell, coz just in case... !
does this site send an email to the inbox (with the new password) when u change pw?? grrrrrr
easternjewel

Jul 06, 2006
easternjewel wrote:yep, same prob with both of em. Infact I just made a new id 2 days ago which not too many ppl know about, xcept my msger buddies, have also been hacked! ( all the 3 id's had same p.w)

Yep p/ws were saved, I did try typing them as well, no luck!
does this site send an email to the inbox (with the new password) when u change pw?? grrrrrr

Can't you change your hotmail and yahoo passwords? Use the hint phrase you entered when creating your accounts.
Nick81

Jul 06, 2006
HP, why did u do that?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Can't you change your hotmail and yahoo passwords? Use the hint phrase you entered when creating your accounts.

thnx i'l try
easternjewel

Jul 06, 2006
EJ, even if you saved your YM and MSN passwords so it logs you in automatatically the passwords are hashed (i.e. they are mumbo jumbo) on your system, they are not kept in clear text. I doubt your system has been truely hacked, but you may have a trojan/malware on your system. There's a few things you can try to determine this. Go to Micro$oft's website and download Window$ defender and run it. It doesn't catch everything but it does a decent enough job. Also, try logging in to Yahoo! itself via its website with your credentials, see if you can log in that way. In any case let me know your results and i'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this.
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2006
or try logging in from a different computer.

As for the passwords being saved on your computer - well it happened to me once that the saved password somehow got changed, so it was constantly entering the wrong password - I only realised when I checked on another computer - always worth a try!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

I M NOT trojan/malware ..LOL Jul 06, 2006
ya its me Hacker..Nice to see the messages and specialy Dubai Forums..
I really done wana hrt u sama but u hrt me once i m doing the same u did with me ....

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

HACKER
easternjewel

Re: I M NOT trojan/malware ..LOL Jul 06, 2006
easternjewel wrote:ya its me Hacker..Nice to see the messages and specialy Dubai Forums..
I really done wana hrt u sama but u hrt me once i m doing the same u did with me ....

HACKER

what the hell was that?...EJ is that you or really the hacker?(HP)...and malware??...hmm
constantine

Jul 06, 2006
Damn EJ, first your car now your puter... somebody no likey u...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
This place gets crazier!!

Ok - if somebody has hacked EJ's stuff - you've had your fun, now let her have her passwords back and we'll say no more about it.
Believe me, it really is no fun to have someone hack your computer and go through your stuff. How would you like it if someone did it to you???
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2006
someones got hold of her passwords thats for sure. EJ does anyone else have access to your puter apart from you. if thats the case its easy to get the passwords from your system. i guess thats what has happened.

try and clean the system off trojans and malware.

thats bad though, hope he doesnt send mails using ur id.

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
i think he/she/hacker just posted on this forum...read above...
constantine

Jul 06, 2006
easternjewel wrote:Yep p/ws were saved, I did try typing them as well, no luck!

DF admin can sort out your password and email but it's a bit of a hassle and may be difficult to prove who you are. But how come both you and hacker can post at the same time?

Do you still have access to original email address you signed up with? I don't quite follow from your posts if that's been hacked.

Doesn't look like password change sends email. I just tried and no email received.

Hotmail, Yahoo you can try and contact them but I doubt you'll get very far. Yahoo accounts have a secret question no?

I had a gmail account that got hacked once. Contacted Google but without original sign up email (which I'd deleted) they wouldn't do anything.

But yes, before you do much else, you should scan your computer. Symantec is a good place to start - I think they have an online scan service. Adaware and Spybot are two programs commonly recommended. Do you have a firewall? I also refer to CastleCops or ComputerCops for information but they seem to be down at the moment.

Be careful when searching for anti-spyware information. Some sites claim to be that but actually install spyware.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 06, 2006
everything i log into is hacked. So I think my system is effected!
sharewadi, I do not have access to the orignal email id I signed up with.
'easternjewel' is hacked I no longer have access to it.
I have been tryin to scan my computer, as suggested by tdot but unable to do so.
I have my personal laptop & is only ocationally used by my brother.

thank you guys for your support, I will get back.
EJsAssistan

Jul 06, 2006
ya ya right sama rani...I m fully in ur computer so format your hard disk and one advice make partition again .....: :twisted:
easternjewel

Jul 06, 2006
EJsAssistan wrote:everything i log into is hacked. So I think my system is effected!
sharewadi, I do not have access to the orignal email id I signed up with.
'easternjewel' is hacked I no longer have access to it.
I have been tryin to scan my computer, as suggested by tdot but unable to do so.
I have my personal laptop & is only ocationally used by my brother.

thank you guys for your support, I will get back.

Are you the real EJ then?

I'll assume you are.

PM admin to ask them to change email and password on your hacked account here. Or at least block it until they can sort out who is who. Or PM one of the moderators to ask the admin.

Disconnect your computer from the internet until you get it fixed (pull the wire out or switch off your wireless connection). Assume the hacker is able to control it otherwise.

Go to an internet cafe or friend's secure computer, set up a new email address, change your internet connection password and email. If you can't do that, you'll have to go to Etisalat (or whichever ISP you use).

Back up any essential data from your computer.

Now, you could either find someone good at this to try and clean out whatever the hacker has on your computer (while disconnected from the internet), or try it yourself. You could risk connecting to this site for an online security scan but it'll probably only tell you what you already suspect (and it won't find everything, it's only a start).

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp

Or consider reformatting the hard disk and reinstalling everything. You'd need to scan all your backed up data for any hacker residue. Installing software from original CDs will be fine.

Make a list of all your accounts and change passwords and email address if you can - from another computer with a firewall.

If you had a firewall, get a better one. If you didn't, get one. Absolutely essential before connecting to the internet.

Plan B is to figure who the hacker is (s/he appears to know you), figure out if there's a reason why they hacked your accounts, and attempt to get control of your accounts back from them.

Or if they're not co-operative, you could go to Etisalat (or your own ISP) with a complaint. I think Etisalat take this sort of thing pretty seriously. I've always found them quite helpful to deal with for any internet related problems, and their technical staff are pretty competent. If the hacker is in the UAE, I'd expect they'll be able to track them down quite easily. Especially if you can get the admins here to help you out and provide Etisalat with activity logs.

Good luck.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 06, 2006
will sound common but: its always useful to use a firewall. a lot threats will be closed out from ur comp
Avium
Dubai Forum User

Jul 06, 2006
easternjewel wrote:ya ya right sama rani...I m fully in ur computer so format your hard disk and one advice make partition again .....: :twisted:

Will the real EJ please stand up ! :(
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 06, 2006
I just remembered something because Im and Admin and Moderator on a couple of forums too.

If the Admin on this forum runs a query on the member list, he'll be able to check the IP address of EJ's hacked account's last post and cross verify it against the member list.

It wont be long before the hacker is brought to book ! 8)
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 06, 2006
very true. I admin another forum and yes the IP of EJ's last login will be shown in the logs. Do an "nslookup" on the IP and you'll at least get the ISP they used, which will be Etisilat. If you really want to know who the person is you can call up the Etisilat give them the time of the IP address login and they should be able to look at their authentication log to see which user received that IP address when they connected to the Internet. Just say they are abusing you and they will take it seriously. Once they get the username for the internet connection they should have all their details.

One thing to note, if the person is good they would have come from a proxied system to cover their tracks....and then good luck.....
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat