Regarding My "shocking" Avatar...

Topic locked
Regarding my "shocking" avatar... Jun 10, 2006
Ok it hasn't been 24 hours since I finally found an avatar and I am already getting PMs and posts about it.

It's a FUNNY avatar. I am not s.e.x.ist . I am not trying to shock ppl here. This is Stewie from Family Guy. This is an excerpt from one of the episodes and I really, really don't see how it could shock someone unless you have way too much time on your hands to go around criticizing ppl on a forum over a 100x100 pixel animated gif. I think I made it clear in my posts so far that I respect women, different cultures, different religions.

I AM going to change the damn avatar but I wanted to make it clear how absurd your reactions were.

Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

why... Jun 10, 2006
Nick, there is nothing wrong with your avatar it is actually cute.. I like that kid he is like a little man but a baby! Cheers to you! cutielb
cutielb
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 10, 2006
There! Done! I hope I won't be accused of being alcoholic now and being a bad influence on children...
Nick81

Jun 10, 2006
Ahhhhh I liked the other avatar! I thought it was really funny! Only those people who know jack about Family Guy would have complained about it, and I bet those that did complain didn't open their gobs about Liban's baby smoking a spliff - hypocrits!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2006
Hiya Chocs

Had a good day or shouldn't i ask ??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 10, 2006
Nick81 wrote:There! Done! I hope I won't be accused of being alcoholic now and being a bad influence on children...

actually...well...u said it urself. i would only add, looks like an italian alcoholic :lol:

relax, its a funny avatar :wink:
raidah

Jun 10, 2006
It's all good. Just feeling cheeky. But I don't know why anyone would moan about Nicks piccy. I actually thought that it was pretty good at breaking down boundaries as the lil' guy was open to all girls of all races - geez no pleasing some people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2006
:lol: Don't worry, I'll use my Stewie avatar on other forums, it's just too neat to go to my recycle bin. I just don't want to end up arguing with ppl on a forum over such a small thing. It's not what I had in my mind when I registered here...
Nick81

Jun 10, 2006
Toughen up matey and just ignore the buggers who obviously are too sensitive to take a joke.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2006
We have a few over sensitive "young pups" in here at the moment.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 10, 2006
Whats the big deal about your avatar? Don't see the point of starting a thread on it. If you think its good, then why should you care about what others feel. Tell em to f*** ***
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 10, 2006
Put it back Nick!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2006
Nick,

I'd put it back if I were you.......too bad what "some" of the others think about it.....there is more name calling and belittling from some forum members on here to worry about than an innocent avatar of the Family Guy.....
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 10, 2006
agree with chocs
it was quite a funny avatar and family guy is hilarious...nick no reason to back down...unless you have an even funnier avatar :wink:
constantine

Jun 10, 2006
:lol: :lol:

Um ppl I really really don't want to turn this into a battle of wills. It's not that important. I wouldn't have even made a topic out of this before changing my avatar if it was for another reason. But let's just say I don't like being called s.e.x.ist. Because it so happens that this is one of the things in life that I despise and fight when I am confronted to. And unfortunately this happens quite a lot in M-E societies.

Anyway case closed. I live for women, I believe that a man would be nothing, NOTHING without a woman by his side to share his experiences and thoughts with. Now that this has been cleared, I can finally start packing for my trip to the UK... Leaving tomorrow at 14h30 8)
Nick81

Jun 11, 2006
Well Nicl, I see things are back in order and that avatar is a cracker!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
I was one of the people who wrote to Nick to complain. Kiss my back bacon people - I'm entitled to my own opinion. Hey, go ahead guys - you can talk about "doing" women all you like, because that really does show respect for women. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat