RADAR Detector Jammer Latest Update

Topic locked
RADAR Detector Jammer latest update Mar 26, 2008
HI All,
Anyone would be able to advice on what is best to use in the region to detect/ Jamm all the stupid traffic traps. I intend to invest on something after I managed to get 3000Dhs fines in 2 months only :shock:
Cheers
H

helmet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 26, 2008
Simple solution - STOP DRIVING LIKE A MORON!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 26, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Simple solution - STOP DRIVING LIKE A MORON!!!

dont be hard on him... maybe he is driving a Porsche or Ferrari.. dont expect him to drive at speed limits...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 26, 2008
Try this,

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: RADAR Detector Jammer latest update Mar 26, 2008
helmet wrote:HI All,
Anyone would be able to advice on what is best to use in the region to detect/ Jamm all the stupid traffic traps. I intend to invest on something after I managed to get 3000Dhs fines in 2 months only :shock:
Cheers
H

don't, it is illegal ....
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Thx dude for the comment... anyway u might able to help if you know what need to be used i'm just new in Dubai sure you all had fines right 8)
helmet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 26, 2008
Well that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard - so what if you're new! I;ve been here 5 years, never had a fine.

As I said before - SOTP DRIVING LIKE A MORON!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 26, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Well that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard - so what if you're new! I;ve been here 5 years, never had a fine.

But did your driver ever get a fine? 8)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
I heard that if your speed is over 160 - radars stop detecting . :lol: ..
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
I wonder why there are all this traffic ! was it you driving that slow cozing endless queues :lol:
helmet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 26, 2008
helmet wrote:I wonder why there are all this traffic ! was it you driving that slow cozing endless queues :lol:

I think it is you stopping to stare at the "great" smoke from Al Qouz was causing the traffic .. :) ..
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Nope I drive a little over the limit, truth be told, but never enough to set the radars off. You gotta know what they're set at - nah nah na na nah!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 26, 2008
normally it allows +10
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Cheers
H

Go to your local supermarket and purchase a load of tin foil. Wrap this around your car so your is covered and this will ensure that the speed radar traps will not be able to detect you! :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

XPClone wrote:
Cheers
H

Go to your local supermarket and purchase a load of tin foil. Wrap this around your car so your is covered and this will ensure that the speed radar traps will not be able to detect you! :D

Yey, Xmas !!!!
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
JMK wrote:I heard that if your speed is over 160 - radars stop detecting . :lol: ..

i can confirm for a fact that is not true :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
guys chill.. xmas log time to go. so any offeres on these radar detectors lots of drivers use them... I mean what is the best . :o
helmet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 26, 2008
er no many drivers do not use them, because they are infact illegal.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 26, 2008
MaaaD wrote:
JMK wrote:I heard that if your speed is over 160 - radars stop detecting . :lol: ..

i can confirm for a fact that is not true :)

and I can confirm for a fact that these b$%$%y radars can hit you from front and behind .. :lol: ...
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008

JMK wrote:normally it allows +10

hehe no and no :P

Most radars would be able to catch a speeding car till about 250 km/hour or even more. Definitely not 160. And the normal speed allowed is actually +20 in most areas.

Just 2 days ago I got caught :( Such an idiot cause I knew there was a radar there, but I assumed I was doing under 100 (radar gets you at 101) on the airport road...Funny thing is, no kidding on that very second I was thinking about how implementing these knew rules would really help with idiot drivers haha...Then FLASH! @#$@#$ @#$@#$ STUPID @#$#$ RULES AHHHHHH
I looked at my speedometer and I was going 101, just above the line =/ Oh well, thankfully it was only AED 200, thought it would be 400. One of my colleagues got hit with a 900 Dirham fine last week hehe. And another one of my friend's dad's friends has been in jail for more than a week now cause of speeding. Frankly, I like it.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2008
JMK wrote:
and I can confirm for a fact that these b$%$%y radars can hit you from front and behind .. :lol: ...

i like to do that too and i am not a radar :twisted:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
MaaaD wrote:
JMK wrote:

i like to do that too and i am not a radar :twisted:

Mummy - where are my fan and my smelling salts???! .. :oops: :lol: :lol: ..
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
hmmm i got a mobile dector in my car. its good actually its awsome, bad thing is that it beeps even if it detects anything on a building or something. cool thing is you can easily figure out which radar is working and which one aint :D. oh its illegal to have them I think but then again the police aint going to stop every car to check whether they got radar detectors or not :D.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
Thank You ... one proactive person here I like that!!! wat make is it?
helmet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 26, 2008
helmet wrote:Thank You ... one proactive person here I like that!!! wat make is it?

I know how you feel.. you ask a question and you receive 100 replies not a single one of them is related... welcome to DF :twisted:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 26, 2008
helmet wrote:Thank You ... one proactive person here I like that!!! wat make is it?

He's the man (rudeboy-mondiyah).....he's proactive in everythinggggg :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2008
quatroporte wrote:

I know how you feel.. you ask a question and you receive 100 replies not a single one of them is related... welcome to DF :twisted:

This one sums it all... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2008
rudeboy wrote:but then again the police aint going to stop every car to check whether they got radar detectors or not :D.

You do know they have Radar Detector Detectors right? They don't have to stop every car, the stand issue speed gun now detects whether the car it is pointing at has a detector.

Not sure of the weird science behind it and always wondered how... but they very much do exist.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2008
Yes they do exist Dr. D....

Laser Jammer Detector
The new Ottery Electronics Laser Jammer Detector monitors target vehicles and instantly warns of jamming signals being transmitted by giving an audible and visible warning. This is latched on so that until it is cancelled by the operator, there is a constant warning that a jammer has been used and this can be shown to a driver as proof. With this backup, there is no longer any doubt as to whether a jammer has been used
Even the most sophisticated jammers like the Blinder ( www.blinder.dk) which only transmits when its sensors are actually being targeted by a laser, are caught by this detector. It still warns that a jammer has been used, even when the driver has switched it off after slowing down to a legal speed as he is advised to do by the jammer manufacturer
Although this equipment does not require type approval it has been demonstrated to both HOSDB and ACPO TET committee and has been favourable received by both.
Ottery Electronics
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2008
Dr.D wrote:
rudeboy wrote:but then again the police aint going to stop every car to check whether they got radar detectors or not :D.

You do know they have Radar Detector Detectors right? They don't have to stop every car, the stand issue speed gun now detects whether the car it is pointing at has a detector.

Not sure of the weird science behind it and always wondered how... but they very much do exist.

true very true! but I dont know if its applied in UAE... check out howstuffworks.com

ohh by the way... search youtube and you will find local guys in Dubai demonstrating those radar detectors...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat