Poor Dog - Inconsiderate Neighbours

Topic locked
Poor dog - inconsiderate neighbours Aug 28, 2006
What is it with people?!

I'm really p***ed at being up at this hour, because my moronic neighbours have left their poor dog tied up outside in the yard and the thing is going nuts! No-one in my street is getting any sleep and the idiots won't come out and take the poor creature inside.

So angry!!!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Poor dog - inconsiderate neighbours Aug 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:What is it with people?!

I'm really p***ed at being up at this hour, because my moronic neighbours have left their poor dog tied up outside in the yard and the thing is going nuts! No-one in my street is getting any sleep and the idiots won't come out and take the poor creature inside.

So angry!!!

Chocs,

You should call the Police to come and take the necessary action.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Good advice above. That's what I would do. "hello police. I live at XXX and there is a dog barking wildlky like there is some trouble. Maybe something happened to their owners, etc..."

Problem is the idiots might just shoot the dog from what I hear! But being that the dog is inside the house they probably won't but...

P.S. Obviously meant for "next time" as it is already 6:30 a.m. Hope you got some sleep afterall.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
I did call the police but the dog had literally barked itself to exhaustion by about 3.30am.

I left a stinking letter on my neighbours car telling them that if the dog was left outside again tonight, the police would follow up my first complaint and come and wake them up in the middle of the night.

I looked through the gate and the poor dog was leashed to the stair railing by a short lead, so short that as it lay down, it was tight around it's neck and from what I could see the animal had no access to water either.

One of my other neighbours was also really angry.

The dog is an Alsatian puppy about 6 months old, poor thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I did call the police but the dog had literally barked itself to exhaustion by about 3.30am.

I left a stinking letter on my neighbours car telling them that if the dog was left outside again tonight, the police would follow up my first complaint and come and wake them up in the middle of the night.

I looked through the gate and the poor dog was leashed to the stair railing by a short lead, so short that as it lay down, it was tight around it's neck and from what I could see the animal had no access to water either.

One of my other neighbours was also really angry.

The dog is an Alsatian puppy about 6 months old, poor thing.

Looks like they bit of more than they could chew. Alsation can be a big noisy dog.

Your description of the situation tells me that these people do not know what they are doing, you cannot leave a dog outside for so long without water in this heat.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Chocs take a picture! Just in case it is a K9 Friends dog that they gave to these people. They will go get it back in a second and with the police to boot!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
Concord wrote:Chocs take a picture!

Great idea, go for it Chocs
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Good idea, I'll give K9 a call as soon as they open.

Poor mite, sadly the owners are locals so I don't really expect much from them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2006
Great idea to take picture Choco!!! Honestly can't believe why people do this. It is beyond my power or thinking, and do not understand why in the hell they get a dog to begin with. The animals would be better off at a kennel or dead here if they have a bad owner. Are there not any schools for people to take their dog's for obedience??? Never have heard of any, hey that would be a great business around here............if I wanted to subject myself to total madness. I know large dogs are hard for people to care for, but with some training they are wonderful pets. Without training they are abused....doesn't seem fair at all. Not serious pet owners. Just total dumb ass*s. Damn them all!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 28, 2006
It's not a K9 dog, but they advised me to go and talk to the owners about it. I have some experience with Alsatians and sadly if it's a male dog that's not neutured, if they're not looked after and trained properly then they can become very aggresive.

I've seen the guy walking it and it's a beautiful animal, but this is not the way to look after it. My only worry is that these people will just have a go at me and not care at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2006
I understand your point. It would be hard to ignore. Is there a way you could talk to them today and offer them an out. Take the dog to K9 and they could find a GOOD home for him??? His life would be better immediately! That would be a good thing, and then you wouldn't have to live next door to someone that mistreats their animals, no more barking, and happy dog.......and peace of mind for YOU!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 28, 2006
That's no problem at all, K9 told me to go and tell them that they'd take him.

I think I'll get one of my local mates to come with me, because if I end up confronting one of the guys in the house, I can just see him telling me to naff off and mind my own business.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2006
That's good idea. You have to be their neighbor for a while, and we need no enemies here..............at least try not to. Have to keep the peace!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 28, 2006
That's appauling treatment - to any kind of animal.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
Way to go Chocs,

Good idea to take one of your local friends.

Take care please, good luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Hmmm well good news and bad news.

The bad news is the people in the villa don't want to come out and talk, their buzzer thingy doesn't work and they don't answer to knocking on the gate, so I'll have to say something when I see one of them come out.

THe good news is that the doggy is not outside in the daytime heat at least and he's obviously indoors.

I'm going to try and contact the landlord however as I'm still not very happy with the way the dog is being kept at night.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm well good news and bad news.

The bad news is the people in the villa don't want to come out and talk, their buzzer thingy doesn't work and they don't answer to knocking on the gate, so I'll have to say something when I see one of them come out.

THe good news is that the doggy is not outside in the daytime heat at least and he's obviously indoors.

I'm going to try and contact the landlord however as I'm still not very happy with the way the dog is being kept at night.

Maybe it would be wise to see if they keep the dog inside tonight before you go any further, they may have indirectly understood what is going on.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
I agree, proud of you for trying to help the dog!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 28, 2006
It may just be that the neighbors never had a dog and do not know how to handle it, etc. Perhaps a friendly chat from and experienced person (that's you chocs) will help.

It is amazing how many people come to K9 Friend "ready" to adopt a dog who haven't got a clue about living with a dog - all nationalities, religions and walks of life. I would not trust them even with a toy dog. Luckily K9 Friends will not just give a dog to anyone but keeps them until a suitable home is found (hence there are over 80 dogs on any given day at K9 Friends hoping for a loving home).

Hopefully all will end well. Good work!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2006
Hey, just an update. I saw the owner last night, wandered over and he was actually giving the doggy a bath.

I told him about the barking and he said he wasn't it that night and apologised about it. Plus I said that it was a bit hot to leave the dog outside, and he said that he'd keep in then until it cooled a little.

Turns out the guy rescued the pup after it was abandoned and left in an apartment for nearly a week on its own. He said he's never had a dog before and wasn't intending to get a dog, but couldn't leave it where it was.

The animal looks in pretty good shape and the guy said any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, which I said I could help out with. He's just new to animal owning and doesn't really know much about it, but seems to care about the dog.

But what a dog to start off with, man German Shepherds are a handful and if not trained and disciplined from the start they go a bit loopy. But it's friendly and happy enough, so I'll keep and eye on him.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 05, 2006
Chocs, that is fabulous that you are helping this guy out with advice for caring for his dog. It seems he really appreciates it. Thanks for being one of those people that is more action rather than just more talk - the dog thanks you too.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 05, 2006
Good on you Chocs! If only there were more people around like you :)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 05, 2006
well, good job chocs, but i guess it will take a lot of effort on the owner's part to learn in maintaining his pet since he's totally new in animal owning.

i just hope you won't have another slepless night caused by a barking dog... :wink:
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 05, 2006
Well done Chocs, that is really good of you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 05, 2006
Concord wrote:It may just be that the neighbors never had a dog and do not know how to handle it, etc. Perhaps a friendly chat from and experienced person (that's you chocs) will help.

I had a suspision :wink:

Good to hear the news. Well done.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:, sadly the owners are locals so I don't really expect much from them.

Hmmmmm so in the end a local actual tried to help a dog. I wonder if you may give someone a chance before type casting next time.

Having said that good on you for helping him out and with the help of both of you hopefully the dog has a much brighter future ahead of him.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 05, 2006
Well Fayz, it is pretty easy to do around these parts. More often than not, you are told by the dog owner that it is their dog and they will do what they want. Some even call the police on people who complain and charge them with harrassment. Some people don't think it is appropriate to keep animals in the home, so they leave them outside all the time and virtually neglect them. No walks, no brushing, no bathing - just sitting outside tied to a tree or fence.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat