And Last Road Rant For The Day...the Inconsiderate Parkers!

Topic locked
Dec 17, 2008
I agree with you. Rudeness doesn't have a race. You'll find pricks in every country and every society. However there are certain behaviors and attitudes that are attributed to certain nationalities. Thats how we come up with stereotypes. Psychologists say that we are a product of our surroundings and how we are brought up. This could be debated but I believe in it. How else can you explain the driving and drivers in Dubai? And that goes for a lot of other things from forming a line anywhere to busing your tray to a garbage can at a fast food place and the list goes on and on and on. Just to give you one small example we have a small gym in our building. A week ago the attendant girl told me that they have a new rule where everyone is required to sign in prior to using the gym. A rule is a rule and I was brought up to follow rules, I had no problem with it and was happy to oblige. Yesterday when I was about to sign in she told me there was no need as a lot of people had problem with signing in, which literally takes 5 seconds. Granted some people are pissed about numerous problems we've had in the building which is brand new and it shows shoddy work and low quality but still this is the general attitude here. This country is making me sick. I have posted a thread about maid abuse that is so rampant here on another forum. That too is a real turn off for me.

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2008
Red Chief wrote:You should've.
I could easily imagine on this place a young blond princess with poor background suddenly get riched due to lucky marriage or sponsorship.

A guy in the other tread tell about Russian beauty with bad English. I just wonder how she would behave if somebody bought her the first BMW.... 8)

She would have been on her knees in front of him...but only for a 6 series!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 17, 2008
until all ashtrays in the car is full... 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 21, 2008
personally i would have waited for her to come out then parked my car in front of her thus blocking her in and nip off for a coffee
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 22, 2008
A Pajero is enough for an Indian to feel invincible here....until a local publicly bitchslaps them.

- brownie speaking here
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: And last road rant for the day...the inconsiderate parke Dec 22, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:To top off a day of frustrated driving in Dubai, I went back to my car after leaving the office, which is parked in an alley at the back of the building. The residents of the surrounding villas and everyone else who uses this dead end alley always park down one side, allowing access for all.

What do I find? A black VXR Landcruiser parked right in the entrance completely blocking the way! There are several people trying to get their cars out, but its hopeless. No hesitation, I dial 999 and get put through to Traffic dept. on 04 609 5555 (keep that number handy folks!) who call the registered owner.

We wait 45 minutes and after repeated calls, the owner (no racist comment intended here) a VERY arrogant Indian lady who had been in the hair salon opposite and would not come out to move it despite 4 calls from the police "because her nails were not dry!"

Myself and the other drivers asked her what posessed her to park so irresponsibly when she could clearly see this was an access way. She just shrugged and said, "When there are no traffic wardens around, I can park where I like!" She was informed that next time her precious Toyota would be towed into the middle of the highway and all its tyres let down!

Ha! I hope she trips over a paving slab and falls into a pile of dog do!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

women in general, regardless of their nationality, lack the logical understanding of any given situation and immediate possibility of their surroundings. generally you can find arrogant male drivers, especially arabs, but they go on. female drivers, in road, turn out to be sticky with their idiotic acts.

i had problems in road just like people mentioned in this thread. most of them are arab women. i usually back off myself except once an emirati lady came to park in a place for which i have been waiting for more than 15 minutes to let the car in that parking place to be taken. she saw me and said in a harsh tone to move away. unhappy with her tone, i parked there as i had advantage on that parking place. emirati lady called the police and according to police i should have given her the place regardless of time i waited for it and i should have forgiven her for her tone coz it's a woman. :) no wonder whey they r in a position where they are now in global pov.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat