Plastic Scouring Pads?

Topic locked
Plastic Scouring Pads? May 12, 2006
Hi all,

has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in Dubai? I've gone to about 10 grocery stores but yet to find them.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 12, 2006
:o :o :o :o
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

May 12, 2006
alina_4u wrote::o :o :o :o

i'm not sure why my plight surprises you so much but thank you for your contribution. :roll: :roll:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 12, 2006
I'd be really surprised if you can't get them - they are like the cheapest things that shops sell here in the UK!!!
If you can't find any in Dubai, you'll have to get someone to bring some on their next visit. You should have got Arniegang when he came the other week!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 12, 2006
Yeah they are very common where I'm from as well but sadly no luck finding them here, although I am blind so there may be reason.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 12, 2006
Try a "dollar"/"99c" store - aren't there any? "3 dirham" stores? That stuff is made in China (closer than europe and america). Sorry I don't know (my wife thinks they are not has good as they trap stuff in the mesh).

Good luck
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
Fayz

Are you serious??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 12, 2006
lol...fayz i will send u some by post from the uk if u want ...lol....definately china imports
wannabe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 13, 2006
i knew i'd get teased for this but seriously I haven't seen any in Dubai for sale. I have a coworker flying in so I've asked her to bring some for me.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 13, 2006
If it wasn't Fayz you'd suspect it was spam and next someone, who only has one post to their name, would say "I have a whole warehouse of them- AED10 per 100" :lol:
You've still got five left, so what is the hurry??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
GAB wrote:If it wasn't Fayz you'd suspect it was spam and next someone, who only has one post to their name, would say "I have a whole warehouse of them- AED10 per 100" :lol:
You've still got five left, so what is the hurry??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, I was thinking for the next DF meet we could have a scavenger hunt and this would be an item on the list.

The picture is from google, I don't have any :(, Serves me right for not using disposable plates hehehehe
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 13, 2006
What are you trying to do? If you have baked something on badly put hot water and baking soda/bi carb soda in the dish/pot and leave overnight. It works.
Having said that Union Coop has the gold and silver scourers that are gentle. :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
GAB wrote:What are you trying to do? If you have baked something on badly put hot water and baking soda/bi carb soda in the dish/pot and leave overnight. It works.
Having said that Union Coop has the gold and silver scourers that are gentle. :)

Well it started out as just going to a store, CoOp actually :) and trying to pick some up just to do the dishes with, Now it’s more of a mission as anywhere else in the world these are very common.

I went through a similar thing with Frisk until I found places in Dubai that sell them.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 13, 2006
You need a hobby!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Yes, yes i do :oops: :oops:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 13, 2006
GAB wrote:You need a hobby!! :lol:

gab
his hobby is finding new and inventive ways of lessening the burden of mundane chores and house work... :lol: :P
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 14, 2006
constantine wrote:

gab
his hobby is finding new and inventive ways of lessening the burden of mundane chores and house work... :lol: :P

No wonder he has a g'friend!! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
Fayz, try a pet store. I used something similar to clean my aquariums back home. They are good for getting algae stains off glass w/o scratching.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
I cannot believe a post about a pack of scouring pads has gone to 2 pages.

Geeezzzzzzzz

:shock: :shock:
arniegang

May 14, 2006
We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel here!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
GAB wrote:
constantine wrote:

gab

No wonder he has a g'friend!! :D

HAHAHAHA Yes you don't want to know how far i'm willing to go to avoid doing dishes.

X I'll try that, there is a pet zone near my house.

and Arnie, 2 pages, hundreds of views but zero people have posted that they've seen these for sale in Dubai.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 19, 2006
I know many of you are following my plight,(okay maybe not) the ones that were flown in were wrong. My brother bought the metal ones. I’m counting on you Arnie, a bottle of Shiraz for a pack of scouring pads. Deal?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 19, 2006
fayz wrote:I know many of you are following my plight,(okay maybe not) the ones that were flown in were wrong. My brother bought the metal ones. I’m counting on you Arnie, a bottle of Shiraz for a pack of scouring pads. Deal?

what!!!!! did i hear shiraz???....fayz dude...we going to singapore...not only will i show you around but i'll throw in the damn things for free...i want the bottle!!....no offense arnie :P but i love whiskey/scotch/burbon...
constantine

May 19, 2006
Fayz

In loooking at your plight and in aiding a fellow forumer, and to embrace world peace i will deliver you some scouring pads next month.

God i cannot believe this is a serious "aid mission".

Tents yes, medicine yes, food yes, blankets yes

Scouring Pads !!! WTF is this all about

arniegang

May 19, 2006
constantine wrote:
fayz wrote:I know many of you are following my plight,(okay maybe not) the ones that were flown in were wrong. My brother bought the metal ones. I’m counting on you Arnie, a bottle of Shiraz for a pack of scouring pads. Deal?

what!!!!! did i hear shiraz???....fayz dude...we going to singapore...not only will i show you around but i'll throw in the damn things for free...i want the bottle!!....no offense arnie :P but i love whiskey/scotch/burbon...

Cons

Shiraz is wine buddy. If you want whiskey etc , let me know and i'll bring some through customs for you next month.
arniegang

May 19, 2006
arniegang wrote:
constantine wrote:

Cons

Shiraz is wine buddy. If you want whiskey etc , let me know and i'll bring some through customs for you next month.

arnie :oops: :oops: ...
sorry for the confusion...we have a real popular brand called shiraz whiskey back home...sisnce fayz got the alcohol from the hole in the wall...i thought he got adventurous...nvm...i am thirsty.. :twisted:
constantine

May 19, 2006
arniegang wrote:
constantine wrote:

Cons

arnie...
even better...we'll meet up at baristi and have a drink :wink: ...meeting Dk there laterz on...
constantine

May 19, 2006
have a good one the Baristi bar is cool
arniegang

May 19, 2006
hehehe Con, yes I meant whine, some Bin 555 I have a few bottles, I'll bring one next time we catch up.

Thanks Arnie :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2006
TTT

We have to make this thread into the Guiness Book of Records.

The most posts about scouring pads Record.

arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat