Pekiti-Tirsia Kali Hype In DUBAI, UAE!

Topic locked
Mar 01, 2008
Hi there,

How do I join? Where are the classes held and is any previous experience required?

cartman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

The Blade That Sets You Free Mar 03, 2008
In an ordinary person's lifetime, there are moments wherein you cannot help but feel empty and alone. Although you are comfortable and content, there are times that require you to contemplate if you are going down the right path or if you are happy with the road you took.

We do not realize this unless we get out of our comfort zone. The safety blanket that surrounds you in this thing that we call life should be removed for us to know what our true calling is. We do not know that our existence in this earth may serve a higher purpose. The fact that we are drawn into the arts speaks that there is indeed a calling, and that calling should be answered. There are a number of notable personalities who made a mark in history by going out of their comfort zone and answering their call: Jesus, Buddha, Bodhidarma, Temujin to name a few.

Through serious training in the bladed arts, one will be able to open destiny's doors by removing what is unnecessary and cultivating what is truly essential. The sweet sound of the blade is as sweet as a hummingbird's tune or of wild untarnished jungle honey; its path in the air swift and direct just like an eagle's flight down the horizon homing in on its prey. You can never imagine it until you experience it for yourself!
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

The Importance of Basics Apr 11, 2008
What are basics? Basics are the fundamental elements necessary for something to function and operate. To a child, his basics would be being able to stand up in an upright position, uttering mono-syllabic phrases for talking, and his first few steps are also basics for walking. In building construction, the foundations are the most heavily-loaded structural element. If the foundation is weak, the building would collapse in an earthquake. It may appear erect but would be shaky when put upon tremendous pressure.

The same thing is true with Kali. We believe that by having a strong solid base, anything and everything will follow in its proper place. One will be able to exhibit functional elegance and grace with ease when proper basic development is followed. Often times than not, a student is always in a hurry to get to the juicier parts even without developing a good solid base without realizing that even though one may be able to display technical know-how, they would not be able to exemplify proper ease of execution.

The human muscles that are developed for bare handed sports are way different than those developed for weapon-oriented arts. The way a machete is swung greatly varies from how a punch is thrown. The angles are different therefore the muscles required are different. Strategy and tactics are also different. Moreover, the nature and principles between sports and combat are also incomparable. Anybody can be a good boxer or wrestler, but put them under the discipline of the blade and he will falter.
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2008
Hey guys, is this still going on? I havent done much martial arts before, did some aikido and judo when i was younger, but thats about it! So will be pretty new to all this stuff, but would love to give it a go. Would i need to bring any thing special to the sessions?

Thanks in advance for any info :)
MattS
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 30, 2008
MattS wrote:Hey guys, is this still going on? I havent done much martial arts before, did some aikido and judo when i was younger, but thats about it! So will be pretty new to all this stuff, but would love to give it a go. Would i need to bring any thing special to the sessions?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Hi MattS,

Yes this is still ongoing. Having little to no martial arts background is just fine. You will just need to bring workout clothes, a towel, a bottle of water, and an open mind to the sessions.

I sent you a PM. Please contact me.
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Martial arts for women... May 16, 2008
Here's a site about a martial art developed exclusively for women...
" There are many ways in which a woman can defend herself in foreboding situations. Judo, aikido, arnis and all kinds of martial arts, including a self-defense class, may give hopes that a woman is not as vulnerable as everyone thinks. Yet, there is one form of system in which a woman may truly know the real essence of self defense – one which is slightly taking shape all over Europe and the Americas: Pekiti tersia kali."

You can read the full article here...[http://www.pilipinas.ph/arts-culture/pekiti-tersia-kali-martial-arts-for-women-2007-01-02.php]
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Playing some arnis Jun 12, 2008
Hi guys,

I tried to join you yesterday at Safa Park, but found only some Kickboxing guys.
I'd like to join you. I trained Modern Arnis for quite a while, but had less to no practise the last few years which is realy annoying.

So are you still active and are the timings posted earlier still valid?

Regards,
The Stev
The Stev
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 18, 2008
Thank you for the info. you seem to be a nice guy. :lol:
Mon1018
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Playing some arnis Jun 19, 2008
The Stev wrote:Hi guys,

I tried to join you yesterday at Safa Park, but found only some Kickboxing guys.
I'd like to join you. I trained Modern Arnis for quite a while, but had less to no practise the last few years which is realy annoying.

Regards,
The Stev

Yes, the timings are still valid. We were anticipating your arrival last night.

By the way, I have made a new blog site:
http://memoirsofawarrior.blogspot.com/
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

escrima & wing tzun Jul 02, 2008
hi guys,

did you try escrima or wing tzun? Escrima is martial art from the philippines (with weapons) and wing tzun is unarmed selfdefense... best you can find in town...

We train in Mall of the Emirates.
Check the website: http://www.ebmas-selfdefense.com and come to the mall of the emirates to find it out yourself :-)

marco
EBMAS wing tzun
Marco
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 03, 2008
Hi
How do I join?
Where are the classes held and is any previous experience required?
Very nice entry.
That site is amazing for reviews. :lol:
Mon1018
Dubai Forum Visitor

experience Jul 03, 2008
No experience required.
We train you all the way from level zero to the level you require to defend yourself perfectly well :-)
Location can be found on the website: http://www.ebmas-selfdefense.com/index_files/contacts.htm
Mall of the Emirates, DUCTAC, near Ski-Dubai, ENOC room.

Pass by and I will explain you everything. First class is free anyways :-)
Marco
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Playing some arnis Jul 16, 2008
The Stev wrote:Hi guys,

Regards,
The Stev

Hi Stev

Omar here! Good to see that you are enjoying Pekiti-Tirsia Kali! See you in Safa Park for the next lesson...

To anyone reading who's interested in learning PTK: the summer months might be a little quiet as some of us are going away for holidays. But 'Sica Formosa' - our group here in Dubai - is alive and well!

Just contact DaWarrior here on the forums to find out more...

Regards

burton
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Ramadan Timings Sep 03, 2008
*** NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC ***

Ramadan timings for this month are still the same.

WHEN: 8PM to 10PM every Sundays and Wednesdays of the week

WHERE: Gate 2, Al Safa Park, Jumeira 2, Dubai.

For more information, contact sica.famosus [at] yahoo.com.

DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dubai General Chat Sep 05, 2008
Dubai can either refer to an emirate (one of seven) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the eastern Arabian Peninsula, or that emirate's main city, sometimes called "Dubai city" to distinguish it from the emirate.Written accounts documenting the existence of the city have existed at least 150 years prior to the formation of the UAE. Dubai shares legal, political, military and economic functions with the other emirates within a federal framework, although each emirate has jurisdiction over some functions such as civic law enforcement and provision and upkeep of local facilities.
-------------------------
valrossie
viral marketing
valrossie
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 10, 2008
Dear All,

Please be Informed that if you interested in Kazakhstan, contact me on (+7 702 339 94 94) or e-mail me.

Offers:
-Big Information Base
-Any kind of goods and services
-Easy and fast contact with needed partner
-Other

PS: Do not disturb by asking "haram" things, such as (sex tourism, alcohol, drugs etc...)

Best Regards
Daniyar
User Name
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Pekiti-Tirsia Dubai Sicas Famosus FIGHTERS LEAGUE Oct 12, 2008
We would like to invite you to join the Pekiti-Tirsia Dubai Sicas Famosus FIGHTERS LEAGUE.

For more information, you can email sica.famosus(at)yahoo.com
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Pekiti-Tirsia Dubai Sicas Famosus FIGHTERS LEAGUE Oct 12, 2008
DaWarrior wrote:We would like to invite you to join the Pekiti-Tirsia Dubai Sicas Famosus FIGHTERS LEAGUE.

For more information, you can email sica.famosus(at)yahoo.com

And who exactly are you proposing to fight?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 12, 2008
No one specific at the moment. The league is set in place for interested practitioners who wants to step up a notch in their training to become a fighter. This will enable the practitioner for rank testing, certifications and promotions in the future.
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2008
(Whispers quietly...

I think this is some computer gaming kind of kids thing Sage...we are too old to understand as 'games' when we were young involved wearing plimsolls and shorts and running around kicking one of those real world round things. You know. A ball.

Tippytoes away quietly back to the real world...)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

New Class Schedule Nov 21, 2008
Hi all!

We've added a new time slot to our Dubai classes.

Sundays: 6PM to 10PM
Wednesdays: 8PM to 10PM

Visit us inside Safa park, Jumeira 2 inside gate 2 (Al Wasl Road gate) in front of the trampoline area.

Join our FaceBook online group community Sicas Famosus Dubai:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=30577546306

See you there!

DaWarrior
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 06, 2008
Hi there,

I would be interested in training in Kali, although I have no past experience in martial arts
Hovis
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 08, 2008
Hovis wrote:Hi there,

I would be interested in training in Kali, although I have no past experience in martial arts

Hi, I sent you a PM.
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali hype in DUBAI, UAE! Aug 13, 2009
DaWarrior wrote:Any martial arts enthusiasts in Dubai or individuals who are interested to train on a regular basis?

Hey great to have found some guys who are really intrested in martial arts its been 4 years for me in Dubai and didnt find any, and i end up in fitness first :), just cardio and some gym,

am into kickboxing and thaiboxing, would love to know where u train, and if its a group or whatever the details are :).

am Egyptian by the way.
nightwishn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 13, 2009
erm dude, did you not notice that this thread is like, 3 years old? The original poster is looooong gone.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali hype in DUBAI, UAE! Aug 13, 2009
DaWarrior wrote:Any martial arts enthusiasts in Dubai or individuals who are interested to train on a regular basis?

Hey, ive been in Dubai since 4 years now, but didnt find anywhere to train or ppl intrested in martial arts, am into kickboxing and thaiboxing.

Id like to know more about the details for your training as ive read that u guys train regularly in Safa Park.

Am Egyptian by the way :)

thnkx
nightwishn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 13, 2009
oh lol

now i notice heheh
nightwishn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali hype in DUBAI, UAE! Apr 11, 2010
nightwishn wrote:oh lol

now i notice heheh

@ "nightwishn"
Though your post is quite old I thought Id let you know that Pekiti - Tirsia Dubai is still alive and well and training reguarly in Safa Park...

Contact for details (if you see this)
Regards
tonyw
tonyw
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali Hype In DUBAI, UAE! Apr 24, 2016
DaWarrior ,
Are u guys still practising pekiti tirsia in safa park.can u give me some contact details.
Perrypax
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat