Passenger Shortfall May Keep Metro Stations Shut

Topic locked
Passenger shortfall may keep metro stations shut Mar 11, 2009
Who else thinks it will be a failure? Lets start a poll

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 57051/1010

Until yesterday, the RTA had maintained that all the stations would open

Gotta love it, how they've started changing their story, typical Dubai. Orginally they said all pedestrian bridges will be ready by February. We are in March now. How many of them are ready? How about zero?

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 11, 2009
I don't care about the actual metro, just finish the bloody bridges. I almost killed myself trying to get across SZR the other night. ha!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 11, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I don't care about the actual metro, just finish the bloody bridges. I almost killed myself trying to get across SZR the other night. ha!

Please tell me your joking.............

Captain Australia would have more brains, I think, than that. Crossing a freeway and that at night, Wow..........
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 11, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:I don't care about the actual metro, just finish the bloody bridges. I almost killed myself trying to get across SZR the other night. ha!

Please tell me your joking.............

Captain Australia would have more brains, I think, than that. Crossing a freeway and that at night, Wow..........

Hahahahaha, nice one
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 11, 2009
haha!

Yes, CA gets himself into trouble sometimes.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 11, 2009
I have always been of the opinion that the metro was doomed to fail from the outset.

I mean, did they really think the first class carriages would be full of expats - please they need to get a grip on the reality.

Ah sorry i forgot reality is in short supply in Dubai.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 11, 2009
If you were a clerk from 9 to 5 and need to reach your office in J. Ali eather in 2 hours by car/office bus or in 30 minutes by Metro the last one would be full in traffic like in many other big cities.

To be frank this elevaited train line along SZR doesn't look very expensive among pedestrian bridges.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 11, 2009
Yeah many would opt for the Metro. But will there be residents still in Dubai when it opens?
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2009
Red Chief wrote:If you were a clerk from 9 to 5 and need to reach your office in J. Ali eather in 2 hours by car/office bus or in 30 minutes by Metro the last one would be full in traffic like in many other big cities.

The metro is only useful if your home and your office is right next to the stations, unless they figure out a way to make the buses be on time.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 12, 2009
gtmash wrote:The metro is only useful if your home and your office is right next to the stations, unless they figure out a way to make the buses be on time.

There are a lot of jobs in J.Ali. At the other hand if a city has an extensive mass transit railway, bus'es network is changing having one terminal near metro station... So bus system will be only for delivery to the nearest metro station.

Of cause more extensive network means more convinient and mass.
Only a few old cities in Europe like London, Paris, Barcelona and Moscow has the system you are dreaming...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat