New Years Eve Plans

Topic locked
New Years Eve plans Dec 29, 2011
So come on then, what are you doing to ring in 2012?

I'll be Abu Dhabi to see Coldplay live in concert - they were amazing last time they came and I can't wait to see them again. :D

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: New Years Eve Plans Dec 29, 2011
Will be sat in a portacabin watching sh**e TV all by my self, just like last year.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

busa , Ahhh nooo
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I'll be Abu Dhabi to see Coldplay live in concert

Oh no! Not the dreaded Coldplay!

They were on Children In Need last month. I don't know about children in need but Chris Martin was in need of a can of anti perspirant. Everytime he flung his arms about I was mesmirised by his sweaty armpits. On National telly too! God knows what he smelt like. What a minger. He can't sing either.

I don't know WHAT Gwnyth Paltrow sees in him. Although she's nowt to write home about either.

--- Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:39 pm ---

busa wrote:Will be sat in a portacabin watching sh**e TV all by my self, just like last year.

Are you a night watchman?

I like my own company. There are worst places to be than on your own. Just imagine being subjected to Coldplay for a couple of hours.

--- Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 pm ---

2012? Would you believe it?

I remember the anticipation of the Millenium. Now I can't even remember where I was that night.

Last New Year Beth had a bit of a 'do' for a select number of her friends. I think there were 8 15year olds. I came back to the house at 11.45 and the music was blasting. A different sound in every room. It was the best party I'd been to in a long time even if I was only allowed to stay for an hour.

I don't know what's on the agenda this year. I always find I have the best time when there aren't any plans.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I will be ringing in the New Year in the UK, where I might add it is cold, wet and miserable! My family and myself are having a party, and as I have 4 early 20yr old offspring, the evening could get rather 'messy' and loud., so we should have a great time.

Must admit, would love to join Chocs at Coldplay, have a good time.
mrsarnie
Dubai Forum Visitor

BBQ with friends in our Roof-Top Gazebo close to the Port City of Tema, Ghana, wonderful sea breeze temperature +/- 25C
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: New Years Eve Plans Dec 30, 2011
I'll sleep in my sweet bed.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

"I remember the anticipation of the Millenium. Now I can't even remember where I was that night." - BM
I'll never forget that night. Looking out of my prime spot viewing window over the city of London.

This year will be some nice pink bubbles, my last ever Indian from my local takeaway in the Uk. (flights booked for the 11th)
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Sandstormlady wrote:(flights booked for the 11th)

My flights are booked for the 14th :D
Bethsmum

I can only dream of being a night watchman, but will have to stick with being a lowly chai walla for now.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Bethsmum wrote:
Sandstormlady wrote:(flights booked for the 11th)

My flights are booked for the 14th :D

It'll be nice to get some sun, not so nice shopping to furnish our house whilst also working :(
How long are you going & how often do you tend to fly over?

Have fun everyone whatever you'll be doing on New Years Eve.
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

busa ,

I hope you have a nice comfy chair busa. Wouldn't want any damage done to the best part of you that people get to see when you ride off.

Have a very Happy New Year. I'm sure you plan on having a belated celebration at some point. :D

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:02 pm ---

sage & onion ,

Happy New Year my friend. Wishing you and your lovely wife and family a great 2012. I hate using the word "plan", but if things go the way they should next year, I'll be returning to the US June/July. Of course Mr BB will be coming along. :D There is a great opportunity for him there, but will require alot of travel to this part of the world. He knows that the expiration date on Dubai has come for me. Even if I remained in Dubai, I wouldn't see him for weeks/months on end, so going back to the states isn't an issue (just longer flying time for him) and we would live in the state where the headquarters of the company is located.

Sooooooooo, I hope between now and then I will get an invite to one of your BBQs should you be in Dubai long enough to have one. :)

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:21 pm ---

Mr BB and I received an invite to the NYE party on the QEII that Jumeriah purchased from Istithmar (and we know that Istithmar pretty much collapsed). I know that ship has been sitting in the water forever and wasn't being maintained. It was like a ghost ship. The annual cost to maintain it would have been astronomical!!! I gather that they worked on a section of it for the party. I can imagine the smell of mildew and the crust that had to gather while it was sitting there, along with so many other things rotting away. What about the plumbing?? Apparently not many people accepted the invites and they were also selling tickets. Seems it hasn't gone over too well as they are now emailing that there are tickets available - which have been reduced. It seems they can't give the tickets away or sell them. What a shame such a beautiful ship has basically sunk. It would cost them a fortune to refurbish the entire ship and if they were to sell it they would never recover the costs.

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:22 pm ---

Chocoholic ,

So you got your tickets!!! Have a good time Chocs and wishing you a great 2012.

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm ---

mrsarnie ,

Have a great time mrsarnie. The only problem I see is you having to keep up with the offspring!!!! A very happy new year to you and yours,

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:25 pm ---

Nucleus ,

That's where I plan to be - but not with you!!!! A very happy new year to you.

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:27 pm ---

Bethsmum ,

We'll have a belated celebration BM. A very happy new year to you and Beth. I hope 2012 will be good to you.

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:28 pm ---

Sandstormlady ,

Sending warm wishes for a very happy new year to my new best friend. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

busa wrote: can only dream of being a night watchman, but will have to stick with being a lowly chai walla for now.

If you never have a dream, you'll never have a dream come true!
Bethsmum

I also want to wish a very happy new year to:

Dillon and Drew (I miss you guys!) DubaiDog, Ambassador, General, Red Chief, Speedhump, Mel, DDS who has gone AWOL, and a special shout out to Robbie. Also I would like to wish a happy new year to all the alter egos that have graced this forum, and possibly still do.

If I missed anyone who was a friend or foe, best wishes to you. Oh, yeah, I would be remiss if I didn't wish Shaf a happy new year.

Fireworks.gif
Happy New Year to all DFers!!!
Fireworks.gif (175.92 KiB) Viewed 1992 times

As was duly pointed out and I apologize: HAPPY NEW YEAR ZONKER!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sandstormlady wrote:How long are you going & how often do you tend to fly over?

Only 8 nights, this trip. I try to get over as much as I can escape for. I think I only managed 4 times this year, or was it 5? as I let my flat for what was supposed to be a couple of months and it turned into 6. I've also fitted Vancouver and NY in this year :D Dubai's still my favourite though.

--- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:59 pm ---

Bora Bora wrote:I also want to wish a very happy new year to:

General, Red Chief, Speedhump, Mel, DDS who has gone AWOL, and a special shout out to Robbie. If I missed anyone who was a friend or foe, best wishes to all of you. Oh, yeah, I would be remiss if I didn't wish Shaf a happy new year.

Yes a big Happy New Year hug from Aunty BM to my little munchkin! Come back munchkin :D

You forgot Zonker, Bora! Happy New Year Zonker. I've been careful what I said as when I wished you Happy Christmas, you told me off :?
Bethsmum

BM
Thank you BM.

You never wished me Merry Christmas!
You said "Happy Whatever"! I'll get even with you :evil:
Just kidding :lol:

Here's wishing you a Very Happy New Year 2012!! :D

My New Year's wish list (if there is such a thing) would be for you to eat and drink HEALTHY :lol: :lol:

Bora

Thank you for your kindness Bora. I wish you A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR too. Hope you are successful in your plans for 2012.
If I was relocating to the US, I would buy real estate in Las Vegas! Its really cheap (as in: inexpensive) there now 8)
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:My New Year's wish list (if there is such a thing) would be for you to eat and drink HEALTHY

It's all BS, Zonker. The key to a long life is to have lots and lots of fun. It get's your heart rate up :P
It's best if you keep stopping then starting again, because that way my heart rate keeps up and you get a prolonged bout of exercise, rather than the five minutes burst most men can muster :bounce:
Bethsmum

Re: New Years Eve Plans Dec 31, 2011
A very Happy New year to you too BB. Not gone awol, just nothing worthwihile being discussed other than the usual Islamobashing plus I'm quite busy with a couple of new ventures and mostly the only time I ( get to ) log on to DF nowadays is when I'm in the can, from the quality of discussions going on recently seems a very appropriate place :D

As for NY's I'll be in the desert close by where we have a nice view of the Burj Khalifa fireworks with around 20 to 30 families doing a major BBQ and bonfire.

Once again a very happy new and prosperous year.
desertdudeshj

Actually the last time I saw Coldplay it was possibly the best gig I've ever seen! Chris Martin can't sing? er he didn't hit a wrong note! They truly are a band you have to see live to appreciate them.

Whatever everyone is doing, I hope you have a fab time and best wishes for 2012.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Happy New Year to everyone from me as well - to all DFers !!! :D

We're hosting a dinner for the family this year - and will watch the fireworks from our home. It's the height of summer in Mauritius and New Year is pretty much like Guy Fawkes/July 4 - loads of fireworks at midnight by ordinary folk. It goes on for about 20 min.

May all your plans and hopes for 2012 bear fruit.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

BM

I think I see the logic of what you say now :D
zonker
BANNED

zonker , My personal trainer explained the logic, I just adapted it :D

--- Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:41 pm ---

desertdudeshj wrote:just nothing worthwihile being discussed other than the usual Islamobashing plus I'm quite busy with a couple of new ventures and mostly the only time I ( get to ) log on to DF nowadays is when I'm in the can, from the quality of discussions going on recently seems a very appropriate place

Oh munckin, why the long face?
I can see your mood hasn't improved in your absence. That's a damn shame!
I'm not sure how many times a day you visit the toilet and log on but IMO DF has been a happier and more relaxed place without you. I don't like to see anyone leave personally, but when all you do is to log on to abuse someone, well...
It's just a bit of light hearted banter, munchkin, you really shouldn't take things so seriously.

Anyways, Happy Wiping!
Bethsmum

It's gonna be Amsterdam. Me and the wife. Didn't hear one word of Dutch the whole day. Only foreigners. Germans (I hope they donot start to dig holes on the beach as they used to do), Italians (all maffia) and Israeli's (hopefully they refrain from their territorial drifts until they are back home). Funny, I heard a souvenir shop owner say today, Israeli's are the worst, they donot enter your shop, they take over your shop :-).And Moroccans, but I am not allowed to brand them as foreingers, its not PC. I am looking for a few coke dealing Moroccans though, they sell coke for blowjobs. I reported them today to the pooolice, but they don't care, despite their campaign a few months ago to report any dealer you know (I got their pics and phone numers). I'll take the law in my own hands I guess. Enough of that its party time!

the Irish bartender, who rarely speaks, said to me today "people change". That's my lesson for 2011, people change.

This is where the party's gonna be.

damrak.jpeg

Party already started at some places.

mizeh.jpeg

Wish I could marry her and take her home :-).

I have to do my taxes before twelve, otherwise the tax man will be after me, and we don’t want that, so here I’ll be quick with my happy new year wishes.

Dillon: a true English gentleman. Here’s a man hug for you. All the best for 2012!

BM: XOXOX! Happy new year!

BB: I abologize for comparing you to Symm, that was uncalled for. I think you are cool but I am not sure yet. Here’s to you and Mr. BB!

DDS: I almost wrote “F*ck you!”, but wish you well!

Andy: Maybe we got started on the wrong foot. Happy new year to you!

Shafique: despite the fact you are an arrogant pr1ck, happy new year to you too!

Event horizon: You rock! A propserous 2012 and wish you all the best!

Zonker: you are a deep deep thinker, I like that, Best wishes! (although its just another day :-))

Ben: Wish you post more, your posts are humorous. Happy new year!

Mel: Wishes you all the best. And the best wishes from my wife too!

General: You are awesome! May your wishes come true for 2012!

Chocs: I see you are very helpfull to expat question. Keep it up! Happy new year!

If I forgot somebody’s, sorry, happy new year to you too! And peace to ya'all!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Happy New Year FD!

PS I don't intend to change, I like me just the way I am :D

Hope the party is a great one xx
Bethsmum

Re: New Years Eve plans Jan 01, 2012
Good morning Duffers, Happy New Year to you all, I hope all your troubles in 2012 last as long as your resolutions! :lol:

To thi mind, peace,
To thi ‘eart, joy,
To thi soul, Strength and Courage,
In thine outgoings, nowt amiss,
In thine ‘omecomings, nowt but ’appiness.

Warm regards to you all.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: New Years Eve Plans Jan 02, 2012
Dillon ,

Hope you had a good one Dillon. I also hope you get your keyboard fixed or get a new one. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aah lass, I wa' wick 'n' f'st fooit that neet. Supwier? The's nowt t'ummer wi' keyboard! (1) sitha, weer ta bahn wi summat allock? Gawby kitlin.

(1) Modern spelling of a recent invention

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Let's see if Bora can translate that!

Even I didn't get the last bit :P
Bethsmum

Bethsmum ,

Some sort of thick forgotten British accent??? or a new language program Dillon's trying out that he can use on Ramy???? :P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dillon wrote:Aah lass, I wa' wick 'n' f'st fooit that neet.

I'll have a go at the first sentence:

"Alas, I was licking on feet for that's neet."
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat