New Year Thoughts From The UK.

Topic locked
New Year Thoughts From The UK. Dec 31, 2010
It's New Year's Eve and hopes are high
Dance one year in, kiss one goodbye
Another chance, another start
So many dreams to tease the heart

Such a lovely song written by one of Britains ugliest mongers Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Seriously DFers I wish everyone all they would wish themselves at this special time. Another year gone! So many men, so little time! It doesn't seem two minutes since the millenium, and look it's nearly 2011!

All you Brits, don't be nostalgic for the UK! You are in the best place, abroad.
BM has been for a sprint to see an old friend in the north east of England over the last couple of days. As i drove across the A66 (Penrith to Scotch Corner) I was still able to see the heaps of litter through the thick fog that the the retards had left in the parking areas, the wind blowing it all over the spot. Lovely.

I filled the BM up at great expense! £1.34 a litre (circa dhs7.5875 on google convertor). WHAT! Bloody hell it's a friggin morgage, BM's BM passes everything but the filling station.

BM's mate is a prison warder at Franklin Prison (top security) in Durham. He regailed BM with tales or removing mobiles and other miscellaneous items from orifices with surgical gloves! Err it nearly put BM off her G&T. And that reminds me, a pint of Guinness and a double G&T was £11.65!!!! I know drink is dear in Dubai but bloody hell England is nearly as dear as Jumeirah Hotels.
BTW he doesn't speak highly of the Romanian Gypes who have taken a leaf out of the IRA's book and have dirty protests. Those fire extinguishers are worth their weight in gold.

BM is having a rerun of the Christmas lunch on New Years Day, I must remember to stuff it on New Years Eve, I may not be able to face it on NY's morning. How has BM got lumbered with hordes of family again? Oh well the hair of the dog is called for no doubt! Wish me luck.

Miss Beth is having a shed load of 15year olds to Casa BM, unfortunately I won't be able to confine them to the barn as it's a bit too chilly so they will be in the house. No matter what you say about British youth, these kids are lovely, polite and with a wicked sense of humour, that restores BM's faith in kids. Blue Wickeds all round!

Well folks, as I said, I wish everyone all the best, and that means everyone, including my special friend DDS!! (I note he spends many a day slagging BM off and searching t'internet for pictures of the BNP and many a night dreamin of a feisty busty blonde!!) LOLx2

Good luck for 2011, happiness and health in abundance and no dodgy New Year resolutions from the ladies that involve weight lose, please.
Happy New Year from BM xxxxx

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: New Year Thoughts From The UK. Dec 31, 2010
And have a great year ahead , Beth and her mum :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: New Year Thoughts From The UK. Dec 31, 2010
I’d like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy, peaceful and Prosperous New Year ahead in 2011, and to borrow a catchphrase ‘may your God go with you’

(Dave Allen, a self confessed, practicing Atheist)

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: New Year Thoughts From The UK. Jan 01, 2011
Happy new year to one and all from me as well.

(A bit of trivia - when I was a kid our car broke down and we were given a lift home by a kind driver who was passing by. It was Dave Allen! Top guy.

I also didn't realise he had half a finger missing until he used it in a punch-line in a joke once - I guess it is one of those things I unconciously didn't notice - similar to Jeremy Beadle having one congenitally disabled arm - I hadn't registered it until just a few years ago someone pointed it out to me.

Hey, I must be getting old - nostalgia isn't what it used to be! )

:)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: New Year Thoughts From The UK. Jan 01, 2011
Shaf, it's the time of year that makes you nostalgic, I always remember the Andy Williams Show at this time of year. It was lovely, they all gathered around on Christmas Eve, in big jumpers and sang carols while decorating the tree. The vision was ruined for me when it was revealed that Andy's wife was shagging her ski instructor :D

-- Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:36 pm --

Well it was party time at Casa BM last night. I visited a few friends and made it home for 11.55pm. The house was bouncing. Miss Bethany had friends around, only a few, which mounted to 2 girls and 6 boys,(that girl is taking after her mother!) all 15 years of age. Usher was blasting from one living room, Boney M from another, some unknown group from a bedroom and the sounds of Big Ben in the kitchen. BM put pizzas in the oven and started to collect numerous cans and bottles and after numerous New Year kisses retired to her bedroom. Due to an alcohol induced sleep I didn't hear anything until 7.40am when it was time to put the turkey in the oven in time for lunch.
BM expected bodies all over the living room floor but found nothing but piles of clothes. I was too frightened to think where everyone was, so retreated to the kitchen pushing thoughts of bed spaces to the back of my mind. The lunch was sorted and the house tidied when they all surfaced at 11.45am.
BM to Miss B 'where did you all sleep?'
Miss B to BM 'well, Sam and Gav were in the spare bed and Atilio was on the mattress and me and Georgie, Ross and James were in my bed, We were like pakis in a can'.
BM to Miss B 'I think you mean sardines'
Miss B to BM 'whateva'
LOL
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat