A Local Guy Thoughts

Topic locked
a local guy thoughts Dec 16, 2006
Not only locals and foreigners but all humans on this earth complete each other and that's why I don't see the need for some members talking non sense about locals on this earth, I'm a local UAE citizen and yes I do suffer from other local and their attitude , but what to do , it is a personality issue that his nationality got nothing to do with it. This country does not differentiate locals from other and it is living in peace with them, for that we need the working hands and there expertise in diff fields and the cash flow of their business .

I lived in California for 5 years and I had soooooooo many incidents with Americans and there attitude being Americans and look at every one else like they are from the thired world, and regardless of human rights clams they show on T.v , USA has it's own ways of discriminations, human rights issues and labor criminal acts and it is fill of it.

UAE has it own failures too in labor terms , I agree but if you have something to say about it, please ask way did a certain law exists first , discusses theses issues as adult. let's find sulotions instead of the usless pointing fingers with no results what so ever other that creating hates among us.

You always can meet our Labor Minister on his two day he spend in the labor office customer services disk in labor department in Dubai and Abuddhabi , and we have a life radio show (in Arabic) that is broadcasted on air daily to look into all sort of problems and open to every, tell them your case and they will call who ever is in charge of that issue on air and ask of an explanation ( it is a serious radio show ) and if you don't speak Arabic find some one who does and he ll do the talking for you, it is simple .

There is people who signed there labor contracts with out reading it or had to, to make a living , I understand that, we all need money after all, however there is no need to blame the country for something you agreed to your self.

The minimum wage part has also been agreed by them and knew what they are putting themselves into before coming here, right? Yes it is not enough but this is the law of big cooperation to make profits out of those workers swats.

Name one big economical country that does not has one of it's global cooperation moved to Asia for cheap labor and child laboring !!! and those Asian countries agreed to it as long as they pay the taxes or they have a part sharing in it..it doesn't make it righ but ....

Most of labor issues here are caused by other foreigners who works as Forman or mangers on that firms, they are the one who abuse there own kinds ( an employee at the labor department ) says.

At the end I would like to apologies to my previous posts , I get carried away sometimes when it comes to my country.

MAN that is a one long post LOOOOL

Love you guys...

firefingers

Dec 16, 2006
I think it's interesting and good to hear from your point who is a local and
seem to know a lot what you are talking about. This can be good for the
forum I think; all you need is a whole lot of patient with some and answer
peoples thoughts with kindness =D
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat