Marnie Pearce

Topic locked
Mar 30, 2009
right then, just to put one part of this thread to bed and hopefully shut up the judgmental rudeboy on this,
The British Embassy and Govt will not step in and interfere with any judicial proceedings taken against a British citizen abroad, unless their life is in danger, ie the Pakistan story that was quoted above.
The British embassy will monitor the health and situation of a British national imprisoned overseas and will do what they can to provide support and lines of communication for the imprisoned national, but if the British Embassy was to fight the corner in a legal aspect for every Brit who got themselves into trouble then it would cost a fortune. Do you think the UK has a team of lawyers with big budgets stationed around the world ready to leap to the defence of every person accused of breaking the laws in a country?

Now we all know that the prison conditions and legal system in the UAE are pretty third world, but there is no threat to the life of Marnie Pearce which is why the adulterous scum that she married has been able to get away with what he has.

Hopefully a higher power has something particularly nasty in store this leach and he suffers a long and painful demise.

that is all.

CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 30, 2009
The poor kids deserve a better father.
Maybe the storm might flood the jails, and she will escape by swimming her way through the drainage pipes and nobody will catch her. Prison Break 4.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 30, 2009
Snow wrote:The poor kids deserve a better father.
Maybe the storm might flood the jails, and she will escape by swimming her way through the drainage pipes and nobody will catch her. Prison Break 4.

The sewage will kill her.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 30, 2009
gtmash wrote:

Why, do you know her personally?
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 30, 2009
Snow wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Why, do you know her personally?

No, I don't know her, but I know the drains here are filled with raw illegally-dumped sewage.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 30, 2009
CVB wrote:right then, just to put one part of this thread to bed and hopefully shut up the judgmental rudeboy on this,
The British Embassy and Govt will not step in and interfere with any judicial proceedings taken against a British citizen abroad, unless their life is in danger, ie the Pakistan story that was quoted above.
The British embassy will monitor the health and situation of a British national imprisoned overseas and will do what they can to provide support and lines of communication for the imprisoned national, but if the British Embassy was to fight the corner in a legal aspect for every Brit who got themselves into trouble then it would cost a fortune. Do you think the UK has a team of lawyers with big budgets stationed around the world ready to leap to the defence of every person accused of breaking the laws in a country?

Now we all know that the prison conditions and legal system in the UAE are pretty third world, but there is no threat to the life of Marnie Pearce which is why the adulterous scum that she married has been able to get away with what he has.

Hopefully a higher power has something particularly nasty in store this leach and he suffers a long and painful demise.

that is all.

lol pakistan is worse then uae. that guy got saved by the british gov. dont tell me they all busy enjoying a jolly good old day.

cant believe i am arguing about her when there are better things to argue about. like innocent ppl being killed in palestine :D

shes going to prison and nothing we can do about it. feel sorry for her but honestly can we do anything for her?

moral of the story. in dubai dont be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

if you are GOOD luck to you.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
rudeboy wrote:fyi dubai police has top of the range instruments which do assist them in solving crimes. are you telling me they didnt investigate this? no forensic investigation was carried out on this case? sorry but something doesnt add up here.

If I've understood the legal system correctly in Dubai, it's not the police that pass judgement and issue sentence, it's the judge. And it's the prosecutor that decides whether or not to bring a case to court. I thought the police did not find evidence of adultery, but the prosecutor went ahead anyway, based on the word of the maid?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 31, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Of course they CAN step in and do something

Well said. They just can't be bothered.
Even my Interpol friend told me to visit the BE for my problem - and he should know.
They gave me photocopies of a list of websites - I told them I know how to use the Internet and walked out.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 31, 2009
I do not know whether BE will interfere in a bitter and ugly divorce case. Because this case is only this and nothing else.

First of all, it wasn't a big secret that she had an affair. Friends did warn her about the consequenses of bringing a man in her husbands house while still married! She choose to ignore this! Apparently the children were not important enough to consider the risks she was taking.

Second the video footage which was shown to the world was premeditated. It was her wish to be filmed and shown to the world. What mother would use her childrens emotions to get support from the world?The hand over could have been done in a civilized way.

So if we are talking about protecting the children in this ugly case between the parents, I must say she is not doing a very good job here!

The news about his affair is old news as well in the Community (Marnie made sure of this), when confronted he never denied it and left his home.

Only after finding evidence that she was about to take the boys out of the country with her "cup of tea" boyfriend, he filed a case against her.

This case has been conducted under civil law, not under Shariah Law (she would have gotten 6 years)

This case is not what it seems, unfortunately she has choosen to get her so called story out to the tabloids. She is very succesfull getting attention this way, but i.m.o it will only hurt her and their children more in the end.
katja
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 01, 2009
katja wrote:I do not know whether BE will interfere in a bitter and ugly divorce case. Because this case is only this and nothing else.

First of all, it wasn't a big secret that she had an affair. Friends did warn her about the consequenses of bringing a man in her husbands house while still married! She choose to ignore this! Apparently the children were not important enough to consider the risks she was taking.

Second the video footage which was shown to the world was premeditated. It was her wish to be filmed and shown to the world. What mother would use her childrens emotions to get support from the world?The hand over could have been done in a civilized way.

So if we are talking about protecting the children in this ugly case between the parents, I must say she is not doing a very good job here!

The news about his affair is old news as well in the Community (Marnie made sure of this), when confronted he never denied it and left his home.

Only after finding evidence that she was about to take the boys out of the country with her "cup of tea" boyfriend, he filed a case against her.

This case has been conducted under civil law, not under Shariah Law (she would have gotten 6 years)

This case is not what it seems, unfortunately she has choosen to get her so called story out to the tabloids. She is very succesfull getting attention this way, but i.m.o it will only hurt her and their children more in the end.

Sorry, but your story sounds really biased.

First of all, according to Marnie Pearce's writings the marriage broke down because of her husband's infidelity. What kind of man finds himself morally superior to cheat and then have his wife arrested for allegedly doing the same thing? Why haven't the police arrested him for infidelity if they are worried about the moral decay such behaviour causes in this Islamic society? Where is your criticism of the husband for having an affair on his wife while they were still married and living under the same roof? No comments from you about how much he loves his children after cheating on their mother and leaving the family home? You have a bias indeed... (You aren't his girlfriend by chance are you?)

Related to this issue - How does it make a person a bad or uncaring parent if they do sleep with someone else? It makes them a bad spouse perhaps, but it doesn't say anything about their parenting or how much they love their children. If you stay in a bad marriage and show your children a dysfunctional relationship, isn't that worse than the parents living separately? I personally don't feel a court should have the right to take kids away because of infidelity. If they do insist on doing it, then the kids should also be taken from their father. Now that sounds like a great idea doesn't it? :roll:

Secondly, all the husband had to do is tell authorities to put a ban on her travel and the children's travel at the UAE airports and borders, so that takes care of her trying to leave with the children. He did not have to have her arrested for infidelity.

Thirdly, even though I haven't seen the video of her handing her kids over, how is it that you can be judgmental about how she did it? Should she be unemotional or have sent her kids with someone else to be handed over to the husband? How would you behave if you had to hand your children over and may never see them again? Guess you must be a stronger person than Marnie, eh? Also, if arrested in a country with a 3rd world handling of human rights issues, it is pretty damn smart to have video footage and lots of support to try to help your situation. If you don't fight hard you will get swallowed by the corrupt/unjust system.

Divorce is ugly, one parent having the other arrested and deported is ugly. As far as I can see the kids are getting screwed by this whole situation, and I don't see how it is fair to blame only Marnie.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 01, 2009
Sorry Katia, but your post smacks of hypocrisy! So it's okay for him to have cheated?! Why wasn't he arrested and imprisoned for that? So it's alright for men, but not for women? Give me a break!

The guy is scum for what he has done - end of!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2009
Call me biased, no problems with that :D I have an opinion based on the fact that I know both the stories, since I personally know the parties involved!

I find it remarkable that so many have an opinion based on tabloids and the video footage only! :shock:

I don't give a hoot about both their affairs. I do care though how they have involved their children in their personal battle.
And my opinion is that the mother is using her childrens emotions for her own attention. She had a choice to get custody of her children and not end up in prison.

Chocoholic your remark was one of these options. After his confession that he had cheated on her, she could have filed for a divorce in a civil divorce case. Evidence was his mistress letter and a witness who was present while he confessed. The divorce would have been granted with her custody of the children, shared or visit times for him!
This would have been in the best interest of their children.

She made a different choice. Although friends warned her about having an affair in the marital house, in Dubai....of all places, how stupid can you be, she wasn't discreet. Gave her husband (they were still married) all the ammunition on a plate, and on top of it she left hard copy evidence that she was planning to take the boys out of the country!

The result we know. She is in prison, lost custody of her boys and will be deported! And she is using her children to get attention, donations and sympathy, while she had the option to give them at least a more stable life.

This is my opinion, and the opinion of others who know both sides of the story! And we are all very sad about the boys :(

ps. BE was involved in the beginning but backed out for unknown reasons!
katja
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 02, 2009
Who cares if you know both parties katja, your comments are still hypocritical. You only criticize Marnie for having an affair in her house, but no criticism for the husband who had an affair and left his family. Maybe he shagged his mistress in the house too for all anyone knows - who cares where the shagging took place!

Why are you criticizing the wife for not taking the husband to court right away for divorce. It doesn't make sense that you think she deserves what she got because she didn't take her husband to court for divorce when you think she should have. I'm wondering why you didn't suggest she have her husband arrested for infidelity right away after she found out and had the proof. You don't seem to mind that he had her arrested... Do you really have the kids best interests in mind, or only the husband's?

The point still stands that the husband could have talked to border authorities to stop her from leaving the country with the children. Again, he did not have to have her arrested for infidelity.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2009
Catfight, bring it on :happy1: oh yeah ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 02, 2009
^^^Lesbo^^^
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 02, 2009
Katia, clearly you don't know the legal workings of this country then. Until a certain age the father is automatically granted custody, NOT the mother! This has happened time and time again, so is it any wonder that women who find themselves in this situation, try to flee with their children? It's either that or not to see them again for many years, of which time they basically have their minds poisoned against the mother, by the father.

I can fully understand Marnie's point of view in wanting to get out in this case.

The guy is still unreasonable, uncaring and an idiot!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2009
OK, jumping in here.

Katia, unless you know first hand what happened between husband and wife, I guess it is safe to assume that your "knowledge" was gained through gossip and rumor. No one here - no one commenting - has first hand knowledge of what happened. If I am wrong, the person who does know please correct me.

My understanding - as your info is based on "understanding" - is that the mother wanted to work things out with the husband to share custody of the children. If she was making arrangements to leave Dubai with the children isn't it possible it was because she learned that the husband was trying to get full custody of the children?

The way this man (and I use that term loosely) took custody of the children and insured that the mother would not have contact with them by having her arrested and deported is the most dispicable act I have ever heard of. The only circumstances I could see justifying that kind of action would be if it was PROVEN that she was abusing them, for which there was none. His action had to be based on hate because obviously the children didn't factor in to what he planned to do and how it would affect them. And when I speak of PROOF, he had absolutely NO PROOF that she was having an affair.

I would guess that once the satisfaction he got from hurting her so badly passes, the children will probably be sent to Egypt to be raised by his family, leaving them with no mother and a father living elsewhere. In the meantime, they will be raised by a housemaid. These children don't mean anything to him other than being a tool to hurt her. It seems that she loved her children too much and he didn't love them enough. To him, she was his main target, the children were merely collateral damage.

And what a picture that was put into their little heads when father drove off leaving mother in the street crying and devastated. Well, I can only hope that when these boys become of age they look for their mother and at least hear her side of the story unless, of course, the father didn't poison their minds so badly that they grow up thinking the worst of her.

Any decent father would never want to poison the mind of a child about the other parent. And if you think that she went too far in publicizing her case, she had every right, since she apparently had no rights as a woman and a mother in this matter.

Forget who did what, the children were the innocent victims here.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 02, 2009
Great post Bora Bora.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2009
kanelli wrote:Great post Bora Bora.

Thats because its a great Kitty. :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 02, 2009
He should be castrated so that he doesn't bring any more children into the world that he can damage. He is pure evil.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 02, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:He should be castrated so that he doesn't bring any more children into the world that he can damage. He is pure evil.

Umphhhff.... less great Kitty than before...

Just got kicked in the nuts here. Ohhhhhh aiyayayaii
RobbyG

Apr 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:He should be castrated so that he doesn't bring any more children into the world that he can damage. He is pure evil.

Always great kitty. Never kicks, just scratches.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 02, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

I don't feel any difference hon. 8)
RobbyG

Apr 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

I don't feel any difference hon. 8)

That's because you got use to it!! :love4:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 02, 2009
So true :love10:

sigh...how love can make a person blind... ;)
RobbyG

Apr 03, 2009
katja wrote:I do not know whether BE will interfere in a bitter and ugly divorce case. Because this case is only this and nothing else.

got to agree there.
fine she didnt have a affair.

would any mother let herself and her children be filmed?

how many of you are mothers here? would you have your children be filmed?

sorry but the films on youtube are just dodgy. if u didnt have an affair fine enough. but why the filming? what you want to show the world? that i was innocent and look my children are being taken away. that film had a good effect on some ppl here. it just shows how powerful the media can be when in the wrong hands ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
i really dont care about the woman. and i really dont care about the guy either.

she could be a @#$%^ for bringing a friend into her house knowing that she could get into huge trouble. trouble she found my sire :D

he could be a @(@#(@# as well for having an affair like chocoholics and kanelli mention. but do we know any truth in that? unless he happens to be chocholics friend then yeh we can all believe chocholics :D

divorce is a messy business and honestly speaking both the parents NEED to grow up and get a room :D. they dont care about the children. i guess they are after something else. hmmm probably money and property. i dont know.

but what i dont understand is that her pics and videos are EVERYwhere on youtube. videos of her children too. ppl die for privacy. ask your brad pits and jolinas. they would die to have the cameras off them from one day. where ever they go cameras follow them. and i guess they are tired and sick of it. who wouldnt be? dianna was and look at her. but this woman is dying for some attention and sympathy. fine woman u got my sympathy. you are being judged for something u didnt do. fine fine. but why bring your children onto youtube?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
Good, so we can stop reading your opinion after the first sentence where you say you don't care about either of the people. (The rest was rubbish anyway.)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 03, 2009
kanelli wrote:Good, so we can stop reading your opinion after the first sentence where you say you don't care about either of the people. (The rest was rubbish anyway.)

(the rest was true. you dont like the true thats why it is rubbish for you).

lol and how do you know it was rubbish. didnt you say we can stop reading your opinion after the first sentence :D lol
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
erm ever heard of using things as evidence? To prove how malicious and cruel your 'husband' can be?

I don't blame her for having someone film it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat