Luxury Yachts In Dubai Marina

Topic locked
Luxury Yachts in Dubai Marina Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone ever see mega yachts arriving in Dubai Marina?

I am having this yacht passion for some years now and I was hoping someone could perhaps sent me some photo's of those exclusive yachts that you don't see so very often.

I'm putting them up on my latest creation; Nautic Dreams
Currently I have three top yachts on the site. Take a look if you're interested.

Anyone able to help me out with some special photography skills?

www.NauticDreams.blogspot.com

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 12, 2009
Not exactly a pic to be framed but something like this.

Would have taken more pics but I hardly go to the marina, maybe someone who lives "new" Dubai

desertdudeshj

Apr 12, 2009
Thanks for sharing. Maybe not the quality for my new Nautic Dreamsite, but it does create a nice feeling of that Marina.

Cheers
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
man I remembered my fishing trip in one of these. felt rich staying in it for 1 night 8) didn't know how to flush the dam toilet though LOL :?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 12, 2009
Smart yachts on Nautic Dreams alright!! Very expensive!! You need real success to be able to afford one of those.

I wonder how many rich people will have to sell their yachts after being caught short in this financial crisis?

Have any unpaid-for yachts been left in Dubai Marina by business entrepreneurs who have skipped the country, I wonder?

These yachts are often bought in the names of companies, and some of those companies will have gone bust , too!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
Quite a few up for sale at the Marina these days.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
I saw some fantastic yachts once in Puerto Banus harbour near Marbella , Spain.

The biggest.....a huge boat... was owned by Adnan Khasshogi, who had been the world's biggest arms dealer. That's what paid for his super-yacht.
He died years ago. I wonder who has the yacht now?

Another lot I saw were in Monte Carlo harbour , which ,of course, is another tax haven.

Many rich people leave their yachts in such harbours for months. More like floating hotels in the resort than sea-going vessels.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
How about this one?

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
That really is a smart yacht !! Who owns that one? Sage or Arniegang?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
RedKite wrote:That really is a smart yacht !! Who owns that one? Sage or Arniegang?

I think the owners are probably a front for Arniegang:

170m Superyacht

In 2004 RSD was appointed by a corporate syndicate to design a groundbreaking leisure yacht.

At 170 metres long with a beam of nearly 24m and a height of 30m, this yacht is currently the world’s largest private superyacht commission.

Striking styling defies the sheer scale of this yacht. Within fine lines normally attributed to a vessel a fraction of the size, RSD have provided seven decks to create living quarters on a grand scale. A central atrium serviced by two full height glass lifts connects the decks and facilitates easy movement between accommodation and living areas.

Accommodation is split into a number of different suite varieties. Standard guest suites start at 40m², culminating in the forward owner’s suite at a mind-boggling 180m². This is accessed via a personal glass lift from a private drive-in garage at the waterline. At the higher levels, duplex suites offer incredible views and spacious floor plans usually accredited with central city apartments.

The Owner’s Suite Complex consists of four bedrooms all with dual en-suite bathroom facilities, five walk-in closets, two offices, a dining room and private gym, all stretching over one entire deck, it’s incredible to think that the additional guest accommodation can cater for up to another 35 guests.

Facilities onboard create an air of opulence with thought turned to every conceivable comfort. Included are a cinema with full sized screen, an internet / IT suite, private spa facilities, and even an onboard sports centre with gym and indoor swimming pool that is capable of draining its 120 cubic meters of water in 10 minutes prior to the vessel raising anchor.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
This would be about the best I could afford:lol:

and this one would be on my wish list:

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
Did the penultimate one feature in Escape from Dubai ???
Or is it one used by 150 illegal workers [ at a time]from Mumbai , arriving in Dubai?

Seriously !! The one above[ the 170 metre superyacht] the dinghy looks to be exactly what Robby could do with on his Nautic web-site. It really is a dream yacht.

Who owns it? Who are the business syndicate? Any idea what it cost?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
RedKite wrote:Did the penultimate one feature in Escape from Dubai ???
Or is it one used by 150 illegal workers [ at a time]from Mumbai , arriving in Dubai?

Seriously !! The one above[ the 170 metre superyacht] the dinghy looks to be exactly what Robby could do with on his Nautic web-site. It really is a dream yacht.

Who owns it? Who are the business syndicate? Any idea what it cost?

No idea how much, but it would probably run into the $100's of million, we can dream
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
A yacht would be a dream for sure. I did pick up some interesting news though when I spent a couple of winters at Sancarlos, Senoro Mexico. A few of the super yachts visited. After drinking some grog with the crew at the marina, they stated that the big tiger powered engines (I will not state the big"yellow's" name) had major problems with polluting. Pushing too much oil out the engine exhuast. Some had been banned from parking in some marina's they were so bad. One yacht had been dry docked 3 times in 2 years for the same reason. Still not fixed and apparantly the owner is trying to sue the big yellow. So if your super yacht is being built, make sure it has a good none polluting engine/ engines. Now as far as staying up todate with electronics on board, that's a whole new pyramid to build. lol
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2009
Hey Robby shut down this thread......It hurt's :D The things I probably will never own.......
I've always been fascinated with yachts, but am in no position to own one.... I'm gonna start with sailing, multihulls, windsailing. Moth sailing is quite a rush too.
Dubai is a fab place for inshore sailing.
Maybe if I move out of Dubai into Melbourne or somewhere else, I'll really be able to pursue this hobby of mine. There is just no company here to go sailing or anything!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2009
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 12, 2009
Thanks for the brainstorming session guys.

I just received email from one of my favourite ladies (no longer) around on DF, and she just sent me the yacht photo's of the Abu Dhabi ruling family.

Better hold tight, cause I'm hopefully soon gonna present the latest top deluxe yacht profile as soon as I find myself more information about this yacht.

Its a beauty :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Thanks for the brainstorming session guys.

I just received email from one of my favourite ladies (no longer) around on DF, and she just sent me the yacht photo's of the Abu Dhabi ruling family.

Better hold tight, cause I'm hopefully soon gonna present the latest top deluxe yacht profile as soon as I find myself more information about this yacht.

Its a beauty :lol:

Why are you keeping it to yourself then?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
Because it realllllly is .... no it REALLLYYY is .... A Beauty, with capital B :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Because it realllllly is .... no it REALLLYYY is .... A Beauty, with capital B :lol:

Then share like a good team member :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Because it realllllly is .... no it REALLLYYY is .... A Beauty, with capital B :lol:

Then share like a good team member :D

Allright, you make good points now...

Where my KFC Chicken Leg, teamplayer!??
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
All you can eat and drink for AED22.00 on Riqa Road Deira, Dubai, always welcome.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
I guess your paying right!? As part of my team ;)
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
Hey Mis!! The VAST majority of us will never own a yacht anything like these, but do you know the sad thing?
The vast majority of those that do, do not have much time to spend on them. Many are more concerned with IMAGE , rather than sailing the sea in a smart luxury boat.
How many just pose in them ,in expensive marinas?

What you find about life is that it SPEEDS along, faster than any super-launch!!
Five years just FLIES BY!!

Property is more important than a yacht!! At least, if you buy at the right time, you have an appreciating asset!!

I live by the sea and rarely go out in ANY sort of boat !! I am quite happy to go on a nice cruise once a year and get great food, meet friendly people, be entertained; visit interesting places ...................and NOT BOTHER WITH OWNING OR RUNNING THE VESSEL I'M ON!!

I don't need the cost, or the hassle of owning my own vessel!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
Hey can rhyme,
He can speech,
But give him two seconds,
And you want him to stop the preach :lol:

Sorry RK, its was the hassle of the vessel that did this to me ;)
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
Loving the site. I too always have a dream to own a yacht and just travel the world with it.
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2009
Ruskie wrote:Loving the site. I too always have a dream to own a yacht and just travel the world with it.

Then check back regularly or bookmark it so you will see the updates of yachts coming.

I'm not going to report it here everytime. That would be like promoting my site and thats not allowed on DF ;)
RobbyG

Apr 13, 2009
You're a little late. www.yachtspotter.com ; http://yachts.monacoeye.com/index.php

If I were allowed to dream:
The 289-foot Maltese Falcon is the biggest, riskiest, most technologically advanced sailing machine in the world:

The technology is just amazing:

The heart of the boat's technology is a novel rigging system called the DynaRig, designed by Dutch naval architect Gerald Dijkstra and based on a half-century-old German concept. The genius — and risk — of the DynaRig is its use of freestanding masts that rotate to adjust sail trim and tack the boat. There are practically no external ropes or wires, no traditional rigging of any sort to brace the spars or control the nearly 26,000 square feet of sail. The 15 sails deploy at the push of a button, rolling out from inside each hollow mast along recessed tracks on stationary horizontal yardarms.

dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 13, 2009
You're a little early, since that one is going to added also my dear neighbor!

Have a little patience please :lol:
There are a ton of sites out there, but I want them in oversight. Not scrolling through tons of forum crap and a few photo's now and then. Have you seen how much pages those discussions last for 10 pictures?

THis is a new format. Simple oversight and comments below ;)

Cheers

www.nauticdreams.blogspot.com
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat