A Local Guy

Topic locked
a local guy Nov 08, 2006
man, don't some people hate us !! why ?

it's one human nature and personality people, it has nothing to do with being a local to be an ass ha** !

so many topics I read about locals being accused of being lazy at work and don't deserve this and that and some writing about one solo incident that happened to him in the past and start writing a novel about it ..my god.

I have traveled to so many countries and I tell you us compared to them in an attitude point of view we are on of the top 10 in being friendly . we are way nicer, understandable, and flexible and opened to other cultures regardless where they came from or what religion they follow and the same things goes to our beautiful government and it's policy toward foreigners.

travel to other countries and you'll know what I'm talking about.
compare us to any country life style and lets discuss it in a civilized way please and the we'll rank our people a county policy,

and what is with us being accused of being lazy at work or sleep ???
what department is it ? and in what city ? I have never seen such a thing or worked with such locals !!

regardless if it's true !! what harm is it to you ? I know for a fact that the county PROVIED JOBS FOR locals even if they are not needed just to get him and his family food on the table, it's any county duty toward its people ! don't you agree ?

and I know for a fact that the county has hired hundreds of foreigners with out the need for them just to help them and their counties with their unemployment rate ..

we set as an example to all other countries and if all of them would follow our steps then we would live in a better world than the one where others hate to see another human been living good !

locals are the ones planning the future of this country including providing jobs, homes and a good life for foreigner and stays a wake for their safety, and always being top of the list in respecting and welcoming them. and having the most harmless flexible and humanized rules for immigrants and forginers alike , and pay well too .

WHERE DID WE GO WRONG ?

firefingers

Re: a local guy Nov 08, 2006
firefingers wrote:
and I know for a fact that the county has hired hundreds of foreigners with out the need for them just to help them and their counties with their unemployment rate ..

Like the breadwinning 2 year old, Camel Jockeys right?
Dude, you started off OK, then went off the boil a bit.
NO country, and i repeat NO Country especially when economics are involved, does anything for free.

If you are making reference to the poor and unemployed...well.. are you talking about Indians/Pakistanis/Indonesians? You sure helped them by lumping 20 of them in one room, work 18 hours a day and in many cases not paying them for months!
firefingers wrote:we set as an example to all other countries and if all of them would follow our steps then we would live in a better world than the one where others hate to see another human been living good !

Im starting to wonder if all the countries you have travelled to, were also in the GULF!
firefingers wrote:locals are the ones planning the future of this country including providing jobs, homes and a good life for foreigner and stays a wake for their safety, and always being top of the list in respecting and welcoming them. and having the most harmless flexible and humanized rules for immigrants and forginers alike , and pay well too .

When a country has no OIL, and relies on Tourism, you wont exactly give them (foreigners) the Cold attitude now , would you?
When you pay, you expect something back, not cos you are so nice that you will pay more. If that was the case, the Indians would earn the same as British doing the same job.
firefingers wrote:WHERE DID WE GO WRONG ?

[/quote]
Trying to make out that you are a perfect hegemony.

Make no mistake, Dubai is heaven compared to other middleeast countries. and people (particular nationalities) dont get treated like Dogs like in other nations such as Saudi or Kuwait.

But that doesnt mean it is perfect.

A: you have to accept criticism, as criticising the USA is a hobby here ...so why dont you accept some...such as Camel Jockey issue?

B: the stupid Class System and Racism. in a restaurant, Arab gets served first, European second, South Asian last even if they entered together.

C: Double Standards. If a local, steals bread, he is off with a caution. If a Eurpean Steals Bread, he is possibly thrown in Jail and sometimes deported. If an Indian steals he is Jailed, beaten, and likely deported.

There are many intelligent locals on this forum, but they dont make these silly comments which you have made.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 08, 2006
for a start what country are you from my friend ? lets compare !

and the camel thingy got solved 2 years ago by robot ones .. read the papers man.

indians and other sleeps in one room to save their salaries (not our problem !!...daaa) and every business is required to provide rooms or pay extra in the salary. know the law bro.

B: the stupid Class System and Racism. in a restaurant, Arab gets served first, European second, South Asian last even if they entered together.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where in hell is this restaurant I really wana see it
or maybe you have an attitude there being cheap in tipping LOOOOL or are you trying to make a fool our of your self man :)

C: Double Standards. If a local, steals bread, he is off with a caution. If a Europeans Steals Bread, he is possibly thrown in Jail and sometimes deported. If an Indian steals he is Jailed, beaten, and likely deported.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my god what world are you living in dud ... European are of the hook here when ever they do a crime their embassies jump to the rescue.. this is a fact.. regardless if you can't do the time don't do the crime, right ?
and yes most of the people in jail are forigners why is it my problem when they made a crime should we reward them with gifts ????????
and forigners are the one who brought to this country all sort of crimes, drugs, moeny lundry, prostitution should I keep going ??

what I wrote was not comments, it's facts.

any yaa one more thing the counties I visited are USA 5 years, Uk 2 years and they are both fucked up in all aspects, should we compare?

A: you have to accept criticism, as criticising the USA is a hobby here ...so why dont you accept some...such as Camel Jockey issue?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
criticism I'll accept but those are accusations which are not true at all there is a diff you know .

and regarding the jobs issue, bcuz of you people know locals have a hard time finding jobs even though they are way educated than you bcz it's profitable to business woners to hire forigner cuz they work for a less salary .

what eles you got ?
firefingers

Nov 08, 2006
and as I said befor if you had a better life in your country then why are you here ? bcz we are perfect my friend ?
firefingers

Nov 08, 2006
firefingers...i guess u were talking about that Jason guy who determined u to post a similar thread on DF some time ago! that is old crap and u should have got over it by now, this is if u don't have similar frustrations like that guy!

i did not visit dubai or any other emirate so all my "facts"r based on what i have heared from friends, threads in this forum and from what i read about it---so i will restrain myself from comments regarding the locals. what i do not understand is why u make it such a bis issue? ok...u r local! that's nice but take more pride in who u r and not where u come from cause that is not so relevant or at least it should not be.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2006
firefingers wrote:and as I said befor if you had a better life in your country then why are you here ? bcz we are perfect my friend ?

firefingers this is a stupid come back and you should not use it the moment you hear someone critisizing the country! There is no place perfect. And the UAE might be strides ahead of the neighboring countries that doesnt mean its perfect. If you truly love this country you would be looking to fix the issues rather than take it personally and start attacking people who do that and ask them to leave !!

So you asking what we can do ? For starts lets have an open mind and start looking at things objectively.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
oh and btw, welcome to the forum ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
Peace and Welcome!!! :D
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 08, 2006
I'm sorry people ih just makes me made when people talk non sence
firefingers

Nov 08, 2006
welcome dude, i see you made some friends here already

dudes like seriously you guys gotta settle down, lets discuss this over coffee or something....there is so much to say than typing it in this thread
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
Bleakus the guy just joined and you asking him out on a date. you need to settle down. :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Bleakus the guy just joined and you asking him out on a date. you need to settle down. :lol:

i meant all of us dude as a big happy family ;)

are we having another meeting for DF? ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
firefingers

Cheer up bro..i was upset the first time i joined the forum (pride)..after a while u will know most of them are cool pp who actually love our country n say this out of concern n the hope of a better future.. we r not perfect :wink:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Re: a local guy Nov 08, 2006
firefingers wrote:
WHERE DID WE GO WRONG ?

Nothing! This is a forum where people can discuss things based on their own experiences, anything under the sun etc. Calm Down and have fun in the forum.

Make this forum a medium for you to correct those croquet minded people. Thru this you'll find the forum very interesting and addictive. :wink:

Welcome to DF!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: a local guy Nov 10, 2006
firefingers wrote:man, don't some people hate us !! why ?

the day i gain hate for a camel jockey ... is the day i gots to get me a mack 10 an spray myself with bullet's cause one just wouldnt do..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 10, 2006
firefingers, I agree

like i said before, all yall who dont like it here...get the hell out...with the exception that i had mentioned before :twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2006
wtf is going on?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2006
firefingers wrote:for a start what country are you from my friend ? lets compare !

Sure Lets compare!
Im From Sweden.
firefingers wrote:and the camel thingy got solved 2 years ago by robot ones .. read the papers man.

The 1st point of comparison... Sweden hasnt had an exploitation problem for a long, long time. You've just admitted you had it only 2 years ago! lol

Secondly, the robots are an introduction read the Human rights sites... there are multiple new Lawsuits against the UAE Leaders ... maybe you should try reading other sources, not just Gulf news?

firefingers wrote:indians and other sleeps in one room to save their salaries (not our problem !!...daaa) and every business is required to provide rooms or pay extra in the salary. know the law bro.

That is the classic case of Denial or total ignorance.
Read Human rights watches, dude... may bring a slight more insight into this problem in the UAE an middle east in general. Those people are lumped into these houses. Not by choice. Most have their passports controlled by their employers, even though it is against the (existing)law. But no one is enforcing the law.
firefingers wrote:B: the stupid Class System and Racism. in a restaurant, Arab gets served first, European second, South Asian last even if they entered together.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where in hell is this restaurant I really wana see it
or maybe you have an attitude there being cheap in tipping LOOOOL or are you trying to make a fool our of your self man :)

Im European, rest assured we tip quite well ;-) And i get good treatment in restaurants.
By not knowing the problem exists... well i can only ask you to go out and discuss this with the people of South Asian origin. There are a few stories they may share with you.... That is if you care of course. maybe your prefer not to know...
firefingers wrote:C: Double Standards. If a local, steals bread, he is off with a caution. If a Europeans Steals Bread, he is possibly thrown in Jail and sometimes deported. If an Indian steals he is Jailed, beaten, and likely deported.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my god what world are you living in dud ... European are of the hook here when ever they do a crime their embassies jump to the rescue.. this is a fact.. regardless if you can't do the time don't do the crime, right ?
and yes most of the people in jail are forigners why is it my problem when they made a crime should we reward them with gifts ????????
and forigners are the one who brought to this country all sort of crimes, drugs, moeny lundry, prostitution should I keep going ??

Actually Prostitution in the UAE, esp Dubai is state sponsored. The Documentary on Dubais working girls showed that the NIghtclubs most guilty had "THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM" stamped on their ENTRY TICKETS!

"European are of the hook here when ever they do a crime their embassies jump to the rescue"
You have just proved my bloody point!
Why isnt there a just system for all? Why should passport determine the punishment if any .... EVEN FOR EUROPEANS AND LOCALS!

firefingers wrote:what I wrote was not comments, it's facts.

I must say this made me laugh.
firefingers wrote:any yaa one more thing the counties I visited are USA 5 years, Uk 2 years and they are both fucked up in all aspects, should we compare?

Sure,

Job prospects in US & UK compared to UAE.

when an advertisement goes out, do you ever see "MUST BE A WHITE PERSON?",
Do you ever see "MUST BE ENGLISH", or "MUST BE REDNECK" ?
NO! why? its racism!

But here.. its "MUST BE AN ARAB"

If it happened in Sweden, these companies would face closure.
--

Racism... in US, UK...racism gets you landmark victories in courts... and perpetrators are shamed, unlike the UAE, where its brushed under the carpet. Its not perfect (in the UK and US) and there are cases where Racism will happen - But they never said its perfect, only they provided an adequate system to process. and they welcome criticism.

UAE, if you cant afford top dollar lawyers, forget about it.

Most Racism is towards the people from poorer backgrounds therefore lawyers out of reach. If the Emir wanted to show goodwill, as you formerly claimed, then this was it. But no....
firefingers wrote:A: you have to accept criticism, as criticising the USA is a hobby here ...so why dont you accept some...such as Camel Jockey issue?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
criticism I'll accept but those are accusations which are not true at all there is a diff you know .

You only have to read through the archives of the BBC site only couple of weeks ago , to see yet another lawsuit filed against the Maktoum family. Human Rights watches are still reporting it, so although may not have been blatant, it still happens.

Criticism here is that it took international pressure for UAE To slow down this inhumane act on 2 years olds...babies. otherwise it would have continued. So, not all perfect in that case... is it?
And yes... Criticising the US and even Israeli treatment of Palestinians in everyday life is a ritual here...but its ok to treat others here unequally? get a life man.
Ive said previously Dubai is heaven compared to other Gulf STates and Emirs... But that just proves how BAD they are! Stop taking it as an attack.

firefingers wrote:and regarding the jobs issue, bcuz of you people know locals have a hard time finding jobs even though they are way educated than you bcz it's profitable to business woners to hire forigner cuz they work for a less salary .

Now we are taking all of your Jobs? hahahahaha
YOUR GOVERNMENTS, Your EMIRS, your Princes make a policy of RECRUITING SKILLS FROM OVERSEAS, BECAUSE SINCE INCEPTION, THOSE SKILLS WERE NOT PRESENT IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

The middle Eastern people have made great strides in the last decade. There are many skillfull workers and many hardworkers.
But Dubai's foundation was built by Western know-how and Asian manpower.

Secondly, Now you think the Locals are all more educated than us Europeans? Dude... really, get out more... interact with people, and learn how not to embarass yourself.

We cost more than most of you, On your average Job Salary. All of my arab colleagues are on a lesser salary than me. Why, because im European and the employers feel we Europeans + N Americans, Canadians will bring more expoertise Which is not always true, but the profiling in the UAE means this attitude prevails.

This is the sort of crap im saying Dubai has a problem with. Why should my passport mean i get more money? its pathetic! Ive heard people say, they get paid on par of how they would get paid in their home country - i say thats BULLCRAP! if you live and work in Dubai, everyone should get the local rate.

So you are very confused buddy.
firefingers wrote:what eles you got ?

Dude, you are funny.
You are desperate to sparr it seems, but not highlight where the bad press is coming from.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 10, 2006
bushra21 wrote:firefingers, I agree

like i said before, all yall who dont like it here...get the hell out...with the exception that i had mentioned before :twisted:

hhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bleakus, as the morality office....
Please fix these attitudes ;-)
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 10, 2006
rvp, you can stay...your cool and i like your posts...

oh...and btw, i hope you didnt take my previous post seriously...i mean have i really been gone for that long? lol
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2006
bushra21 wrote:rvp, you can stay...your cool and i like your posts...

oh...and btw, i hope you didnt take my previous post seriously...i mean have i really been gone for that long? lol

oh bushra is it up to you now who stays and go????
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 10, 2006
sara_uk wrote:

oh bushra is it up to you now who stays and go????

what do you mean now?

:lol:

ITS ALWAYS BEEN UP TO ME :twisted:

*insert evil laugh here*
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2006

Thanks for letting me stay... i must unpack again :-)

And no offence taken.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 10, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:

Thanks for letting me stay... i must unpack again :-)

And no offence taken.

:lol:

:twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2006

Bushra21 do you really mean that?

Because if you cannot make critic of a country without being told you should leave if you don't like - well thats a sorry state of affairs.

I have heard the UK get it's fair share of critic on this forum - and some of if it has been valid and some has been right on target, some extreme and out of touch, but each voice and opinion is valid to the individual and has a right to be expressed. But i would never agree with telling some if you don't like it, go home or get the hell out.

If i was of that persuation I would no doubt join the British National Party. But to be fair even the UK held a 'go back home' majority view on non-nationals when they complained of no rights, a lot has changed since then and lets hope it does in the UAE over time.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 10, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:

Bushra21 do you really mean that?

Because if you cannot make critic of a country without being told you should leave if you don't like - well thats a sorry state of affairs.

I have heard the UK get it's fair share of critic on this forum - and some of if it has been valid and some has been right on target, some extreme and out of touch, but each voice and opinion is valid to the individual and has a right to be expressed. But i would never agree with telling some if you don't like it, go home or get the hell out.

If i was of that persuation I would no doubt join the British National Party. But to be fair even the UK held a 'go back home' majority view on non-nationals when they complained of no rights, a lot has changed since then and lets hope it does in the UAE over time.

you know jabba all i heard was blah blah blah and a bunch of other crap...

one more thing:

get out of my country
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 11, 2006
bushra21 wrote:you know jabba all i heard was blah blah blah and a bunch of other crap...

one more thing:

get out of my country

Your welcome :shock:
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 11, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
bushra21 wrote:you know jabba all i heard was blah blah blah and a bunch of other crap...

one more thing:

get out of my country

Your welcome :shock:

i dont remember thanking you
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 12, 2006
lol there was gonna be a e-princess fite damn it didnt happen :D

oh man watching u guys have a bust up just cracks me up :D

ticklyfingers or wotever his nick is :P has said wot hez said he has his opinion

and rvp has said wot he wanted to say i.e his opinion. cant u guys respect each others opinions and just move on. i mean in a way rvp is right and in a way ticklyfingers is right. so lets end it here and move on and talk about something else like MEN BEING BANNED FROM BEACHES ON JUMERIAH WTF now i ll have to use my telescope :D

or go on google earth and zoom in on the beaches of Jumeriah and who knows i might get meself a pretty snap :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 12, 2006
tickly fingers :lol: that cracked me up

men are banned from the beaches? so how come when i do happen to stop by jumeira beach i see men...and men....and more men?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat