Let's See How Dubai Justice Deals With This?

Topic locked
Let's see how Dubai justice deals with this? Mar 21, 2012
Another tragic story. So uncalled for. 10 years as the maximum sentence is a joke. The attacker needs to be put away for life.

http://www.7days.me/2012/03/kenyan-atta ... -injuries/

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Let's See How Dubai Justice Deals With This? Mar 21, 2012
I saw this today. Made me very sad. Isn't a "life" sentence here 10 years??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Very sad :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Not sure. Even so, its very lenient and you know full well certain other nationalities would face the firing squad for this crime.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Made me sad reading the news. Justice should be serve in a fair manner. This incident help me remember a video how Saudi nationals beheaded a foreighner in a public. Damn!
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Let's See How Dubai Justice Deals With This? Mar 22, 2012
Is the death penalty only considered if it is premeditated murder?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Not sure K, but he will probably get tougher sentence. Here is a murderer (certain nationality who get easy sentences :roll:) who got death sentence http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... h-1.574347

Case in the OP is not that clear, he probably didn't meant her death and it is not rape either. But prosecutors are appealing tougher sentence and they have a very good chance of getting one.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:Case in the OP is not that clear, he probably didn't meant her death and it is not rape either

If I recall, the guy had grabbed her backside, there was an exchange of words, he walked away and then returned and started beating on her. Apparently he focused on her head as there was so much brain damage done to her. I also think there was another girl involved who he had hit. The fact that he walked away and then returned can be perceived as premeditated - he had intent - at leaast in the real world.

In Florida there is a a "case" going on right now. This guy (Hispanic/mixed) appointed himself as a neighborhood watch leader (which by law you cannot do) in a gated community, sometime back was convicted of an assault on a policeman, but somehow was issued a license to carry a gun. He was on "patrol" one night and saw a black boy (17 years old, half the size of the man in weight and height) walking in the area. The guy called the cops to report "a black boy looking very suspicious and probably on drugs" and was asked if he was following the boy. He told the police he was and the police told him to back down and don't follow him. He disregarded that order and as a result confronted the boy and shot him in the chest claiming that the boy attacked him. The police tapes are just beginning to surface. The boy was returning from a store and going back to the apartment where his father and girlfriend lived. Florida has a "stand your ground" law which means that you can kill someone in "self defense" and not be charged. This guy has not been charged for murder and there appears to be a police coverup. There have been other cases of police covering up for white men who killed "in self defense". Since that law was enacted "self-defense" murders have tripled and the majority of those killed weere minorities. Florida is like the Wild West with people carrying guns and giving easy claim of self-defense when killing someone.

People from all over the US are protesting that this man shouild be charged for murder and they want to see justice done. The boy had no criminal record, was an A/B student, and planned on going to college to become an aviation engineer, meanwhile, the killer has a previous record. This was a racially motivated murder. I can tell you this, if the man was black and shot a white boy that man would be sitting in jail for murder.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:can be perceived as premeditated.
It can be perceived but that doesn't make it a clear case. His lawyer can argue he had no intention of murder. But he has a pretty bad case, since he caused the death. Death penalty I doubt, but will probably get a tougher sentence.

--- Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 pm ---

Speaking of certain nationalities getting a firing squad these guys only got 2 years sentences: http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... e-1.958750

but 10 years for an Emirati in a similar case is a joke, never heard complain about their 2 years sentence for murder :roll:
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

It was actually her friend that he 'touched up' and the lady that was beaten was defending her. I'm sorry but you don't repeatedly boot someone in the head, unless you're intend on doing serious damage! Just one well placed kick is enough to kill someone.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:. I'm sorry but you don't repeatedly boot someone in the head, unless you're intend on doing serious damage! Just one well placed kick is enough to kill someone.
Same is true in the other case of non-emiratis who murdered a guy, but they got only 2 years sentence. Imagine if that was emirati gang got 2 years sentence for killing someone, what would be the response here?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus , Any case of murder deserves the harshest of sentences. Without knowing the details of the other story, I can't really comment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Let's See How Dubai Justice Deals With This? May 14, 2012
i hope justice is served. so sorry to hear and read this tragic news. she is very brave.rip.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat