Learning To Fly

Topic locked
Learning to fly Sep 03, 2007
Not exactly sure where to put this topic, but has anyone here ever taken any flying lessons?

Any info would be good.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 04, 2007
I believe that there is a flying school in UAQ
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Learning to fly Sep 04, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Not exactly sure where to put this topic, but has anyone here ever taken any flying lessons?

Any info would be good.

Dubai Knight should be able to help you on that one. PM him. Happy flying.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying lessons Sep 10, 2007
Yes, I learnt in the UK, is there a flying club or school in Dubai?

Mark
Jonesy66
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 11, 2007
There are 3. The Emirates Flying School at Dubai airport, the Um Al Quwain Aeroclub and one in Fujeirah.

I'm hoping to go to UAQ. I have a trial flight on Saturday.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 11, 2007
You can try "Kick Me" :lol: or else Red Bull gives you wings (j/k) :P

all the best with your flight
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Learning to fly Sep 11, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Not exactly sure where to put this topic, but has anyone here ever taken any flying lessons?

Any info would be good.

We are not allowed after 11 september :oops:

I am not going to get arrested :roll:

Its not difficult to fly but its hard to land , i am always afraid to hit against another plane at airport.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 11, 2007
Jeez I guess you really took all those don’t drink and drive, smoke and fly comments to heart. :-P

I’ve always wanted to fly a helicopter, I’ve done a couple flight days on small planes through friends, a lot of fun you’ll enjoy it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 12, 2007
Cool, thanks. Yes I always wanted to have a go with helicopters too, looks like fun, but a lot more work.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Learnning to fly Sep 12, 2007
I'm learning to fly but ain't got wings
GSTAAD
Dubai Forum User

Sep 12, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Cool, thanks. Yes I always wanted to have a go with helicopters too, looks like fun, but a lot more work.

Choc... Emirates Flying School at Dubai airport is great!
I did a trial flight there and besides I was working with them every day, as they are mostly doing their flight training at sharjah airport.

I would just recommend one thing.. start training in late summer or fall, because you will start flight training about three months after starting the theoretical training - and you do not want to fly one traffic pattern after the other when it is 40 degrees outside (=60 degrees inside).

Cheers
Ben
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2007
Chocs, I have a request, as I will be out of the country the last couple of weeks of the year, could you start your lessons then, you know just in case you come down somewhere, at least it will not be on my head :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2007
Emirates Flying school is alot more expensive than the other places, plus their ground school is in very unsociable hours, there's no way I can get to the airport for 8.30am on a Friday and Saturday morning.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2007
Chocs

give DK a ring he will know
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 19, 2007
You are right Arnie...he does! So does Chocs now! Saw her lurching off the end of the runway at UAQ just before I launched myself out of another plane 9000 feet above her. Women drivers! Apparently the instructor said she was 'quite able' which means he is not going into therapy yet and the bruises will go down very soon.

UAQ Aeroclub has a fully accredited flight training programme and they are possibly going to be offering multi engine advanced courses later this year. They have a twin Seneca (its a plane for the initiated) if there is anyone who already has a skyjockeys driving licence.

If anyone wants to learn how to skydive, that can be arranged through me. Always useful to know how to escape safely, particularly if Chocs is going to be the pilot!

8) 8) 8)

Falling Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 19, 2007
On that note does any one know if UAQ does PPL licensing. If so then what are the rates and hour requesites (solo, crosscountry etc). Seems like a worth while activity in my otherwise unchallenged life.
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat