JLT Or JBR Or Dubai Marina Or A Little Villa???

Topic locked

apartment living is as good as villa living.

yes
20%
no
80%

Total votes : 10

JLT or JBR or Dubai marina or a little villa??? May 13, 2007
Hi All,

Sorry to put this here, no one on accomodation wanted to let me know this crucial question.
we are moving here in june, 3 weeks!!, and arent sure where to live. budget is £250k, and as rent is attrocious, we are thinking of buying.

what do you think of the above places, obviously with JLT we could get a bigger place, and for the same price, a smaller place in the marina. Just wondered wht thoughts were? anyone staying those places can tell me if its fun/ to be avoided? i have a 1 year old son, does that make other places more favourable??

opinions are appreciated. and as the arabs would say, i think, i'll remem ber you in my prayers if you can help me with this,

Sana

sanadoc
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 13, 2007
Its got to be a villa.

Having the possibility of someone bouncing marbles on the tiled floor, in the apartment above, especially if I was the owner, just blows my mind.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: JLT or JBR or Dubai marina or a little villa??? May 15, 2007
sanadoc wrote:Hi All,

Sorry to put this here, no one on accomodation wanted to let me know this crucial question.
we are moving here in june, 3 weeks!!, and arent sure where to live. budget is £250k, and as rent is attrocious, we are thinking of buying.
-- snip --
Sana

Hi,

Personally, I would choose a 2BR apartment anytime over villa.

Alternatively, why don't you choose to stay in a lively hotel apartment (eg marina area) for 3 months initially ? During those 3 months, you will have more than enough time to access where you really to stay for your family.

Accessing the accomodation by being physically here in Dubai is very much different from being visualising abroad.

Rgds.
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

May 15, 2007
I dont know how anyone can live in the marina area at the moment. High prices just to live on a huge construction site.
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 19, 2007
Rosbif71 wrote:I dont know how anyone can live in the marina area at the moment. High prices just to live on a huge construction site.

Hi,
A valid question.

Expats who stay in Marina are mostly sponsored by employer, or at least partially. Not all areas are construction sites, some are already well developed with ample facilities (eatings/leisure). Some towers have sea-views. The community is very lively.

Therefore the above reasons (plus other personal preferences) are justifiable to stay in Marina for some.

For me, example, I have been to Greens twice. And I hate it. It is too quiet and not lively. But these are also the very reasons that some of my colleagues like it there.

In short, different preferences of different ppl.

Rgds.
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat