Indians And Pakistanis

Topic locked
Indians and Pakistanis May 10, 2011
I see that the Sheikhs all got together this week and will be putting a limit on unskilled workers in the UAE. I certainly hope this reduces the number of dirty Indians and Pakistanis running around, scratching her balls and ogling all the women around here. I understand they are needed for Dubai to grow but they hurt the general atmosphere and feeling of the place. Go ahead, disagree but I'm looking forward to a more civilized Dubai in the future.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/gover ... s-1.805096

smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Indians and Pakistanis May 10, 2011
Uh-huh and who's going to replace them? No 'skilled' workers are going to work for the money they pay them, be carted around in scabby buses or live in disgusting labour camps!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well I simply failed to see the correlation between the title of the article ‘UAE Cabinet to limit entry of unskilled expat workers’ and the meaningless, inane and bizarre content within!

As for decreasing the number of unskilled workers in the construction sector, which is considered the sector that utilises the highest number of unskilled workers, the Cabinet instructed relevant bodies to lay down a general construction index containing a number of technical criteria that ensure developing productivity in this sector, as well as decreasing the number of unskilled workers in accordance with laws that assist contracting companies in using advanced technology means in this sector.

What on this God’s Earth does this mean?

:?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Indians And Pakistanis May 10, 2011
^^ That paragraph means that the authorities are not really sure exactly how to do this , I dont think a local would want to be caught dead laying bricks
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dillon wrote:Well I simply failed to see the correlation between the title of the article ‘UAE Cabinet to limit entry of unskilled expat workers’ and the meaningless, inane and bizarre content within!

As for decreasing the number of unskilled workers in the construction sector, which is considered the sector that utilises the highest number of unskilled workers, the Cabinet instructed relevant bodies to lay down a general construction index containing a number of technical criteria that ensure developing productivity in this sector, as well as decreasing the number of unskilled workers in accordance with laws that assist contracting companies in using advanced technology means in this sector.

Seems like the article was ripped from an Arabic daily and then run through google translate and printed as is.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Indians And Pakistanis May 10, 2011
Makes sense to me, although thick.

They are trying to figure out a way to use technology to continue to grow while decreasing the number of unskilled workers. They know the workers are needed to build the place, they are working on ways to do this without them.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

desertdudeshj wrote:
Dillon wrote:Well I simply failed to see the correlation between the title of the article ‘UAE Cabinet to limit entry of unskilled expat workers’ and the meaningless, inane and bizarre content within!

Seems like the article was ripped from an Arabic daily and then run through google translate and printed as is.

I think they've used my munchkin's famous phrase book!
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Newsflash…. May 11, 2011
Newsflash….

WAM, The UAE Cabinet have just announced, as a result of their instructions yesterday to ‘all relevant bodies’ the signing of an MOU and delivered a LOI to Robot inventor, Wu Yulu from Beijing China. It is hoped that Mr, Wu Yulu’s expertise in the manufacture of robotic devices will be instrumental in the development of the ‘High Tech’ solution as a replacement for the smelly construction site labourer, quoted an unknown source.

http://www.reuters.com/article/video/id ... eoId=96707

It was also suggested at a meeting of Senior Executives, as a direct result of the Cabinet’s new Policies and Resolutions, that the inanimate, ex-pat, smelly, semi-skilled road sweepers, usually found begging at Traffic Lights, could be replaced with High Tech cardboard cutouts, the donations from embarrassed drivers would be collected and set off against Dubai’s fiscal deficit.

End of Transmission.

:lol:
Dillon

Re: Indians And Pakistanis May 11, 2011
Haha, nice one!
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Indians and Pakistanis May 11, 2011
Dillon, I hear that Mr Wu Yulu is taking legal action on the Indian Council here in Dubai for copyright infringement.

Although the robots dont have all the right knobs in the right place, they are still annoying ladies in Dubai by alternative means.

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

The Smash Martians were my favourite robots;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKt-KR1TsRg&feature=related

:lol: :lol:
Dillon

LOL used to lvoe those guys :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Indians And Pakistanis May 12, 2011
I never saw those adverts before, cute!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Newsflash…. May 13, 2011
Dillon wrote:Newsflash….
It was also suggested at a meeting of Senior Executives, as a direct result of the Cabinet’s new Policies and Resolutions, that the inanimate, ex-pat, smelly, semi-skilled road sweepers, usually found begging at Traffic Lights, could be replaced with High Tech cardboard cutouts, the donations from embarrassed drivers would be collected and set off against Dubai’s fiscal deficit.

End of Transmission.

:lol: :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Indians and Pakistanis May 14, 2011

Completely nonsense.
There will never be a cap on unskilled workers in Dubai let alone technology to make them obsolete.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat