India Says Australia Must Tour Pakistan!

Topic locked
India says Australia must tour Pakistan! Feb 18, 2008
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 12,00.html

Personally... I think thje BCCI can f(*# right off on this one.

Fancy another country using its clout again to force Australian cricketers to enter a country which can hardly be called safe.

Not on.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 18, 2008
Talk about political gamesmanship.....

Pretty rich from two countries that are pointing nuclear weapons at each other and constantly on the brink of war.

As for protection form the government.... Well considering they couldn't protect one person, how will they protect a touring party of 40?

Pity though, I was going to go see a game.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Pity though, I was going to go see a game.

CA want the series played in Sharjah - so here's hoping.

The real issue here is how Star TV can infuence the BCCI to use its clout to force Australia to tour for the simple sake of TV rights.

If I was an Australian cricketer... no f'ing way would I tour Pakistan right now.

This, the IPL, the Sydney Test... and a lot more is really starting to piss me off about Indian Cricket at the moment.
^ian^

Feb 18, 2008
They can come to Dubai and play series here.
Sports city staidum is almost built.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 18, 2008
Don't bring Pakistan though. Play someone else, like UAE team.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 18, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:Play someone else, like UAE team.

I don't think the UAE team would last 5 overs against Australia mate.

To be honest, I don't think Pakistan is that much of a competitor to risk sending our player there either. Not that I would advocate sending our boys into Pakland full stop, the fact that they're not a cricketing force anymore makes it all less worth the effort.
^ian^

Feb 18, 2008
BCCI doesn't have half the clout they think they do.

They might have 1bn consumers, but for the most part, they don't have a lot of disposable income.

Think it's time for the ICC to grow a set before it gets out of hand. Let India play Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh for the next few years and see how they go.

I'm all for bringing the game to the world and making it a much bigger sport, but that's why there is an INternational controlling body, not just the BCCI to decide what's best for the future of the game.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:They can come to Dubai and play series here.
Sports city staidum is almost built.

Lol...

Almost seems to be a general reference to any construction project here in Dubai....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
craigindubai wrote:BCCI doesn't have half the clout they think they do.

Or perhaps they do? Sacked umpires, overturned bans....?

They might have 1bn consumers, but for the most part, they don't have a lot of disposable income.

For the BCCI the income in through TV rights... and that's a lot of dosh. Nothing to sneeze at... at all... not for a second. They wield huge power.

Think it's time for the ICC to grow a set before it gets out of hand. Let India play Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh for the next few years and see how they go.

Want to go set up a picket at the ICC office in Media City and burn some effegies? :D :D :D :D

I'm all for bringing the game to the world and making it a much bigger sport, but that's why there is an INternational controlling body, not just the BCCI to decide what's best for the future of the game.

Unfortunately, it's clear now that cricket is firmly under control of the subcontinent mafia.

You might disagree, but then, so did Bob Woolmer.
^ian^

Feb 18, 2008
They do have huge television rights that's true. But TV rights is all about advertising and sales. If your television audience isn't buying anything, then your sponsorship value is surely decreased.

Besides, what are the games that attract all the attention in India anyway??? Games played against Australia are by far and away the biggest. Why?? Because they want to play the best and win. They want to be Number 1. If they can't beat Australia, they know they can't be number 1.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
craigindubai wrote:They do have huge television rights that's true. But TV rights is all about advertising and sales. If your television audience isn't buying anything, then your sponsorship value is surely decreased.

Hence why they want to push Australia to tour Pakistan.

Besides, what are the games that attract all the attention in India anyway??? Games played against Australia are by far and away the biggest. Why?? Because they want to play the best and win. They want to be Number 1. If they can't beat Australia, they know they can't be number 1.

Well, I think they will go the other route and force changes to the fundamentals of the game. They like 20/20 because it favours the batsmen, and India are strong in batting but weak in bowling.

Hence it's all about 20/20 for now, until we adapt and destroy, and then who knows what next.
^ian^

Feb 18, 2008
This from another forum I frequent... sums it up

Geez, I'm really getting sick of India and their bullshit.
^ian^

Feb 18, 2008
Can't win under the current rules... Change the game so you can....

Gotta admire the logical thinking....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Can't win under the current rules... Change the game so you can....

Gotta admire the logical thinking....

Ah huh. I mean... it's just not fair we win all the time is it?
^ian^

Feb 18, 2008
as an austrlaian, im telling you right now the australian government will tell them to eat a fat one.....

there is no way in earth they would send aussies there in such conditions

with all due respect to anyone else, australian life is considered very dear... and we can totally understand if other countries dont quite value their countrymen as much :?
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2008
:D :P :P :P :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
vicks_20012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 19, 2008
All this hatred.. :|
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 19, 2008
Absolutely.... It's downright offensive how simply being the best can cause another group to hate you.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 19, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Absolutely.... It's downright offensive how simply being the best can cause another group to hate you.

We get it all the time. Everyone wants to hate on Emiratis.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 19, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Absolutely.... It's downright offensive how simply being the best can cause another group to hate you.

Nah.. its about your prejudiced views and abt ian's post from 'some other forum' that said 'Geez, I'm really getting sick of India and their bullshit'.

Personally, I think BCCI is bull crap..its not a Govt body or doesnt even have a single transparent official. Its headed by an ass who's supposed to be India's elected minister for agriculture, such a shameless n irresponsible butthead, who doesnt do any good to farmers(who resort to suicides or a life of debts).

And I think CA can just avoid it, may b pakisthan isnt all that explosive as reports may suggest, and may b if asked indian team would be forced to tour .. but its entirely upto a nation n its board to decide if they wanna go on with the tour or not. And its understandable if pakisthan is making the statement. And if indeed, that statement "Serious consequences because u cant pull out of a committed..." came from BCCI... I wonder how would they ever justify their own pull out threat during the sydney test trials..

I'm all for Indian Cricket and Cricket players and our sportsmanship but BCCI is a stupid board. And yes Aussie players are still bad in their on field conduct.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 19, 2008
I'm sorry St. Luc but the behaviour of Indian crowds and the 'mob' have done nothing to boost the opinion of Indian people at all, especially amongst Australians.

And now the BCCI weighing into something which is obviously about money, and saying we should put our players lives at risk for the sake of a commitment it just bullshit.

If the BCCI is the problem... fix it.

Likewise if Pakistan is not safe, it's up to Pakistan to convince us otherwise, not for the BCCI to get involved.
^ian^

Feb 19, 2008
^ian^ wrote:I'm sorry St. Luc but the behaviour of Indian crowds and the 'mob' have done nothing to boost the opinion of Indian people at all, especially amongst Australians.

And now the BCCI weighing into something which is obviously about money, and saying we should put our players lives at risk for the sake of a commitment it just bullshit.

If the BCCI is the problem... fix it.

Likewise if Pakistan is not safe, it's up to Pakistan to convince us otherwise, not for the BCCI to get involved.

Pakistan aint safe yet but maybe by the time Australia tour things might have quitened down.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 19, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:Don't bring Pakistan though. Play someone else, like UAE team.

UAE have a team :shock:

I bet the Aussies women's team could beat them :lol: :lol:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 19, 2008
^ian^ wrote:I'm sorry St. Luc but the behaviour of Indian crowds and the 'mob' have done nothing to boost the opinion of Indian people at all, especially amongst Australians.

Did u've any first hand experience? Sorry if u did.. Would like to hear abt it, and also how is it different frm any other country's sporting fan? or public booing, or showing off likeness is the right of only certain countries?

^ian^ wrote:And now the BCCI weighing into something which is obviously about money, and saying we should put our players lives at risk for the sake of a commitment it just bullshit.

Agreed.. BCCI getting involved and playing the big brother is utter bull crap..

^ian^ wrote:If the BCCI is the problem... fix it.

Can't agree more..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 19, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:

Did u've any first hand experience? Sorry if u did.. Would like to hear abt it, and also how is it different frm any other country's sporting fan? or public booing, or showing off likeness is the right of only certain countries?

I'm all for Indian Cricket and Cricket players and our sportsmanship but BCCI is a stupid board. And yes Aussie players are still bad in their on field conduct.

And your first hand experience with Australian cricket players comes from???? When was it you played cricket for India??? I've forgotten....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 19, 2008
craigindubai wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

And your first hand experience with Australian cricket players comes from???? When was it you played cricket for India??? I've forgotten....

Hmm my question was not to u mate..
However, i'll reply.
It was to ian, who may've got a chance to watch one of the CB series matches live .. I'm really not for arguing just for the sake of it.. my apologies and the subsequent question were genuine n with the intend to know of some bad incident.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 19, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
craigindubai wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

Hmm my question was not to u mate..
However, i'll reply.
It was to ian, who may've got a chance to watch one of the CB series matches live .. I'm really not for arguing just for the sake of it.. my apologies and the subsequent question were genuine n with the intend to know of some bad incident.

You made the argument or inference that Ian didn't have the first hand experience of prejudiced/poorly behaved Indian crowds. Therefore, he couldn't make any realistic assessment of their behaviour if he was, in fact, not actually present. i.e. He was using a third person assumptions of an Indian cricket crowd and their behaviour.

But in the post prior to that, you claimed, as a fact, that Australian cricketers had poor behaviour/on field conduct suggesting that you, had in fact witnessed it first hand. I am merely wondering how you did that? I mean the way that you suggested it to be fact, means you must of been on the field during the event. When and where?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 19, 2008
Dude.. "Did u've any first hand experience? Sorry if u did" isnt an interference to establish he dint have any of it.. It's called an interrogation.. and sometimes people's worked out minds and twisted logic only sees animosity and bad blood... like yours in this case.

And I've never played for Indian cricket team I've watched them live like any other spectator against a number of teams, and have witnessed a lot of misconduct from aussie players. Now, if u are trying to point out that you can ask the same question as I asked ian though in a different sense altogether.. my comment abt aussie players is partially based on the most recent spat between Ponting and Harbajan.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 19, 2008
ok first thing. aussies are scared of the Pakistan team dont want a bashing thats why they wanna chicken out. bunch of bush chickens i tell ya. i tell ya. blooody chickens.

if pakistan wasnt so safe you want to tell me y south african team and even zimbawe team visited Pakistan. I m assuming jacque kallish is a white geeza and since there is a HUGE demand for white geezas in Pakistan he wasnt abducted or killed or even had his head chopped off like a bloody goat :D.

so bottom line is Aussies are scared of the Paki cricket team. and if they aint scared just go and play lets see who wins. oh plz dont give me that crap about not being safe and all. lol the world aint safe.

there were suicide bombings in blooody England and the paki team didnt complain then. hmmm i guess there is not that much demand for the brownies then ;).

craig, ryan or mark if you really think aussies are better well i suggest you sort out an all Australian team here in UAE and i ll sort out an all Paki team. we will get a cricket pitch and have us a game. if you wanna chicken out or you wanna wash your hair thats perfectly fine with me.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2008
rudeboy wrote:ok first thing. aussies are scared of the Pakistan team dont want a bashing thats why they wanna chicken out. bunch of bush chickens i tell ya. i tell ya. blooody chickens.

if pakistan wasnt so safe you want to tell me y south african team and even zimbawe team visited Pakistan. I m assuming jacque kallish is a white geeza and since there is a HUGE demand for white geezas in Pakistan he wasnt abducted or killed or even had his head chopped off like a bloody goat :D.

so bottom line is Aussies are scared of the Paki cricket team. and if they aint scared just go and play lets see who wins. oh plz dont give me that crap about not being safe and all. lol the world aint safe.

there were suicide bombings in blooody England and the paki team didnt complain then. hmmm i guess there is not that much demand for the brownies then ;).

craig, ryan or mark if you really think aussies are better well i suggest you sort out an all Australian team here in UAE and i ll sort out an all Paki team. we will get a cricket pitch and have us a game. if you wanna chicken out or you wanna wash your hair thats perfectly fine with me.

Outta boy..go get them..... :lol: :lol:

Now we could have a tri-series in here...Luci (Indian) - Rudeboy (Pakistan) - Ian/Craig (Aussie).....Let's the games begin...... :)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat