Australia V India - Cricket

Topic locked
Australia V India - Cricket Dec 27, 2007
Ouch. After what many said was a poor performance from Australia to make 343 on day 1, they now lead by 179 (0/32) runs after a poor showing by India (196).

3 days to go and India look like they're in deep deep trouble.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 27, 2007
I should've posted when India was doing well.. :banghead:
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 27, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:I should've posted when India was doing well.. :banghead:

When was that? 1996?
^ian^

Dec 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:

When was that? 1996?

1983 .. i was only a couple of yrs old.. during the 20-20 worldcup during the 20 -20 match back home when aussie visited .. and yeah..yesterday.. but i was a bit busy.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 27, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

When was that? 1996?

1983 .. i was only a couple of yrs old.. and yesterday.. but i was a bit busy.

Yesterday's performance to be honest was overrated. Australia did reasonably well to make 343 on what looks to be a slow and low scoring wicket. It is of course the perspective of day 2 that makes that clear.

Good work for India to roll Australia, but it still took them more than a day, and letting Hayden get to 129 cost them dearly.

I expect Australia to take this easily unless there are any more twists left in the game.
^ian^

Dec 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

When was that? 1996?

1983 .. i was only a couple of yrs old.. and yesterday.. but i was a bit busy.

Yesterday's performance to be honest was overrated. Australia did reasonably well to make 343 on what looks to be a slow and low scoring wicket. It is of course the perspective of day 2 that makes that clear.

Good work for India to roll Australia, but it still took them more than a day, and letting Hayden get to 129 cost them dearly.

I expect Australia to take this easily unless there are any more twists left in the game.

I dont think it was overrated in any other standrads than 'Stralians own.. coz .. few times u get to see them loose 9 wkts in a day...

How do you guys play like that man.. no brainer.. they are surely the better team.. but just hoping that India gives a good fight.. and look to win
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 27, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:I dont think it was overrated in any other standrads than 'Stralians own.. coz .. few times u get to see them loose 9 wkts in a day..

If only we were as invincible as our reputation. 2005 Ashes... bad memories.
^ian^

Dec 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:I dont think it was overrated in any other standrads than 'Stralians own.. coz .. few times u get to see them loose 9 wkts in a day..

May b thats the difference.. we (collectively cricket crazy Asians and teams) just need one victory to feel on top of the world.. but good teams and good fans need one defeat to feel they've a lot to improve..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 27, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

May b thats the difference.. we (collectively cricket crazy Asians and teams) just need one victory to feel on top of the world.. but good teams and good fans need one defeat to feel they've a lot to improve..

It's an interesting question... what makes you achieve... hunger for success... or fear of failure?
^ian^

Dec 27, 2007
for me.. hunger for success.. fear of failure may start haunting when someone feels they cant fail.. and their ego's dont allow them to accept it.. which is a bad way of thinking to my logic.... and then that may also crack open a person or a team if they ever fail.. on the contrary some people just manage to keep it going.. fear of failure.. but they ultimately breakdown.. like many movie stars.. rock stars.. etc.

But i think Indian cricket team has to go a long way to achieve the consistency displayed by Aussies.. nevertheless we may manage to beat u in this tour..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat