HopFest At The Irish Village, Thurs/Fri

Topic locked
HopFest at the Irish Village, Thurs/Fri Aug 23, 2006
Who's going?

Over 80 beers from around the world. Love the German and Austrian white beers, oooohhhhh it goes down so good!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2006
going 12 hour brunching on friday...wuuuhuu!! :lol: ..beer makes me pee too much... :P
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 23, 2006
well costa it has the same effect on most humans duh :P :P :P
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 23, 2006
Wafaey wrote:well costa it has the same effect on most humans duh :P :P :P

yes but i want to drink uniteruptedly without going to the privy and miss out on all the stimulating conversation... 8)
constantine

Aug 23, 2006
They had a couple of good live bands last year, the whole tent just has saw dust on the floor, it's like a ho-down.

The massive 1 litre glasses are a little OTT however.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:They had a couple of good live bands last year, the whole tent just has saw dust on the floor, it's like a ho-down.

The massive 1 litre glasses are a little OTT however.

did you say live bands....hmmm...might come down when there is a 2 hour break in the brunch...
constantine

Aug 23, 2006
Good Idea Costa :wink: :wink:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 23, 2006
I'm going on Thursday, looking forward to it.

My friday is a bit booked but I think it'll be a lot of fun. I also love the idea of AC outside hahaha, only in Dubai.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 23, 2006
constantine wrote:going 12 hour brunching on friday...wuuuhuu!! :lol: ..beer makes me pee too much... :P

Is that the one at the JW marriot?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 23, 2006
fayz wrote:I'm going on Thursday, looking forward to it.

My friday is a bit booked but I think it'll be a lot of fun. I also love the idea of AC outside hahaha, only in Dubai.

Well they have a big tent that they put up, however with the amount of people that cram themselves in there, the AC is about as useless as a chocolate teapot.

Most people just wear shorts and T-shirt.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2006
shorts and a T it is, I've never been before, how many people do you figure will be there? is it uber uber packed (based on past experience) or is there at least some breathing room?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 23, 2006
yorky500 wrote:
constantine wrote:going 12 hour brunching on friday...wuuuhuu!! :lol: ..beer makes me pee too much... :P

Is that the one at the JW marriot?

hmm hmmm
constantine

Aug 23, 2006
I was there last year and "Uber-packed" is a good description Fayz! Just make sure that when you go to get the drinks in that you get a couple for each of you, cos the bars are crzy mad packed!! A great night out though!!! :lol:
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 23, 2006
A couple of drinks each? Are you kidding! If you go for the draft beers don't forget they use the 2 pint German glasses, it take half an hour to drink the darn thing.

Yes it's busy from the word go.

You buy your drinks vouchers on entry to the tent, then just exchange them for your beers.

I was surprised at how well behaved people were last year, considering the amount people put away.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2006
let me know how you get on, would not mind doing this myself.

wheelbarrow provided? :lol: :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 23, 2006
I'm thinking of a different night Chocs as they didn't have the 2 pinters when I went!!! Love my drinks but not that much! :lol:
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 23, 2006
yorky500 wrote:let me know how you get on, would not mind doing this myself.

wheelbarrow provided? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would get one of those extrraaaaaaa long straws and nick peoples drinks when they arent looking :lol:
constantine

Aug 23, 2006
sounds like fun. too bad I'm not here over the weekend.

But hey I'm going 2 days to Munich and 3 days to Cork so I'll have my share of beer

Have fun! and don't do anything I wouldn't do.
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2006
Trying to see how we can get down there in the break during the 12 hour eating and drinking binge at the JW Marriott...let me work this out: 6 hours drinking, try and find the door...get to Irish Village...drink some more...find the floor...crawl back to the Marriott...drink for another 6 hours. I can see it getting very, very messy!

Problem is...I only really like Guinness!

Now if they served that in 2 pint glasses, I would be a happy bunny!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 26, 2006
OOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Trying to see how we can get down there in the break during the 12 hour eating and drinking binge at the JW Marriott...let me work this out: 6 hours drinking, try and find the door...get to Irish Village...drink some more...find the floor...crawl back to the Marriott...drink for another 6 hours. I can see it getting very, very messy!

Problem is...I only really like Guinness!

Now if they served that in 2 pint glasses, I would be a happy bunny!

Knight

peice of cake. :wink: ...though i had no idea at one point what i was going on about...selective amnesia :wink:
constantine

Aug 26, 2006
In the end...when it got to the 2 hour break in the middle...none of us were in any fit state to even consider getting to the Irish Village!

Guys, I seem to recall being on stage with a couple of Hawaiian girls who were wearing very little but a couple of coconuts as the top half! Was I dreaming? Obviously not as a photograph has just arrived in my email!

Oh dear!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 26, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:In the end...when it got to the 2 hour break in the middle...none of us were in any fit state to even consider getting to the Irish Village!

Guys, I seem to recall being on stage with a couple of Hawaiian girls who were wearing very little but a couple of coconuts as the top half! Was I dreaming? Obviously not as a photograph has just arrived in my email!

Oh dear!

Knight

Hey DK is it true that you were only wearing a half coconut on the bottom half??? :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 26, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:In the end...when it got to the 2 hour break in the middle...none of us were in any fit state to even consider getting to the Irish Village!

Oh dear!

Knight

Hey DK is it true that you were only wearing a half coconut on the bottom half??? :lol:

Luckily the bottom half is hidden in the picture by a row of bottles on the bar!

...and it would have been a whole coconut! A very large one!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 26, 2006

Oh dear!

Knight

a sight to behold ...DK sandwiched between 2 lulu girls.!!!....nice one!! and you did pull off the dance pretty darn good!!...and so did scarlet!!
constantine

Aug 26, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Oh dear!

Knight

Na that was far too big SGO, he was wearing half a lemon, thats more than big enough

arniegang

Aug 26, 2006
arniegang wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Oh dear!

Knight

Na that was far too big SGO, he was wearing half a lemon, thats more than big enough

:lol: :wink: :lol: Not nice Arnie :lol: :wink: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 26, 2006
It was half a walnut!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 26, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:It was half a walnut!

Knight

hehehehe, well I guess Arnie was being nice after all :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 26, 2006
Has anyone seen my liver today? I think I left it at the Marriot.
^ian^

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat