Herve Peddling His Book Down Under

Topic locked
Herve peddling his book down under Mar 10, 2010
I got an email from a friend who was very concerned about the possibility of me being thrown in jail. Because apparently in Dubai they throw people in jail for no reason.

Then I worked out that it was just the con artist Herve peddling his book to the Aussies.

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2009/s2836768.htm

So I promptly put my friend straight and said that no one gets thrown in jail in Dubai for no reason.

Take Alan Bond and Christopher Skase as examples I said. Due to red tape they were never arrested and put in jail, but everyone knows they were guilty as sin. They deserved to go to jail and if in Dubai they certainly would have.
We all know that the Nakheel execs are guilty of skimming money off the top and taking bribes etc and they are in jail.
The Big Bannana went bust and the managing director jumped ship before going to jail.
Herve also had a business that went bust (not surprisingly either) and he did the same thing.
They are all crooks, simple as that.

So I am sorry Herve, but I talked 1 less person out of buying your book.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Herve peddling his book down under Mar 10, 2010
Very good - no really, very good ...

The more people that you talk out of hearing about Dubai the better, one more sucker who might just go there and buy me out of my property nightmare

And thanks for the link - I loved the documentary ...

AND it features rudeboy dressing up as a ladyboy and pandering to the "Elite". 'Kin superb

Nearly forgot, I know Marcus Lee and swear that he never took a penny other than his pay cheque, the Nakheel execs that were skimming off the top were all the White dress elite (and a couple of Black dressed ones as well) and do not count Jaziri as he is in jail for the crime his father committed in representing the young french boy who was raped ~ yeah remember that shining example .......... :roll:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

benwj wrote:I got an email from a friend who was very concerned about the possibility of me being thrown in jail. Because apparently in Dubai they throw people in jail for no reason.

Then I worked out that it was just the con artist Herve peddling his book to the Aussies.

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2009/s2836768.htm

So I promptly put my friend straight and said that no one gets thrown in jail in Dubai for no reason.

I tried to see the relation of the alleged 'peddling of con-artist Herve' you talk about, but couldn't see any relation other than one single line that the journalist mentions below:

Foreign Correspondent’s Eric Campbell travels to Dubai to survey the fall-out, check the financial pulse and to see if there is much chance of a bright future for the City Of Dreams.

He discovers expat-business people trapped by growing debt or snared by the Emirate’s draconian laws. Some like French submarine builder Herve Jaubert beat a hasty escape before the authorities could catch up with him. Others, like Australian executives Matt Joyce and Marcus Lee, are stuck in Dubai accused of impropriety while the wheels of justice barely move.

This Benwj doesn't make any sense. Which Emirati is paying you? :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I supose you need to watch the documentary to get the full story but you get the idea.

And as for Marcus Lee, he is just a glorified a real estate agent isn't he? which makes him only a step above a used car salesman, and even if he didn't take anything from Nakeel, he probably deserves to be in jail for one reason or another anyawy. I suppose he swore to you that he didn't take anything, only from his granny.
benwj

benwj wrote:I supose you need to watch the documentary to get the full story but you get the idea.

And as for Marcus Lee, he is just a glorified a real estate agent isn't he? which makes him only a step above a used car salesman, and even if he didn't take anything from Nakeel, he probably deserves to be in jail for one reason or another anyawy. I supose he swore to you that he didn't take anything, only from his granny.

I used two browsers to see if I missed any documentary. Where is it located?
RobbyG

How is it you get from used car sales to finance director ??

Don't get high on your own supply - Kermit :)

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2009/s2841143.htm pretty much as posted above - works here
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:How is it you get from used car sales to finance director ??

Don't get high on your own supply - Kermit :)

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2009/s2841143.htm pretty much as posted above - works here

Funny thing.

Benwj link doesn't appear. But VW link does show a play button. Thnx, will watch.

EDIT: Just watched the documentary.

My God Benwj, I really hope you never get caught by the justice system there so that you may hold on to your rose tainted glasses. :mrgreen:

Herve did a great job escaping that electronically controlled sharia cage. My congratulations to him once more.

At the end, the lawyer of Sheikh Issa is questioned, and he so easily dismisses the video evidence as forged. Says its tampered with 'available modern software techniques' ! The UAE justice system is a total joke as becomes clear once more.

A well, for every soul his desired place. Enjoy it while it lasts fooks. I'm over it and can be found in the politics section from here on. :wink:
RobbyG

Thanks VW.

So you liked the documentary Robby. So did I. But rather than wearing rose colored glasses, I like to think that I can see past the shite colored glasses.

And the UAE justice system has served me well so far.
I quote from UAE major to jinglie who owed me money "you pay or I send to jail". And I got my money. No court case necessary. Just good old fashioned justice.

If the UAE justice system had its way Sheikh Issa would never have been taken to court in the first place. They did make fools of themselves trying to dismiss it, but at the end of the day, the guy was stealing money from Sheikh Issa and if he did not raise the case against Sheikh Issa, he would currently be a free man, albeit with a few scars. More fool him.

Somehow I don't think that he will re-offend though, unlike Herve who could do with a cattle prod up the arse himself.
benwj

Loooool Viking and robbyg became my opposite ,saying the big NO to anything positive of UAE looool maybe u guys are getting a cut in herve sales :) but how much would u get out of selling 3 copies loool
uaekid

benwj wrote:If the UAE justice system had its way Sheikh Issa would never have been taken to court in the first place. They did make fools of themselves trying to dismiss it, but at the end of the day, the guy was stealing money from Sheikh Issa and if he did not raise the case against Sheikh Issa, he would currently be a free man, albeit with a few scars. More fool him.

In your quest for sycophancy, you have showed you dont even know about the case you are talking about.The guy apaprently stole, and was tortured for that. When did he raise a case against the Shaikh ? And how did he lose by raising the case if he did so ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:
benwj wrote:If the UAE justice system had its way Sheikh Issa would never have been taken to court in the first place. They did make fools of themselves trying to dismiss it, but at the end of the day, the guy was stealing money from Sheikh Issa and if he did not raise the case against Sheikh Issa, he would currently be a free man, albeit with a few scars. More fool him.

In your quest for sycophancy, you have showed you dont even know about the case you are talking about.The guy apaprently stole, and was tortured for that. When did he raise a case against the Shaikh ? And how did he lose by raising the case if he did so ?

The police will only raise a case on the victims request. The victim was probably pushed into it by people like you, but he still had the power to drop the charges at any time.
In this case the he was found guilty of supplying drugs to Sheik Issa, which I beleive carries a jail sentence.
benwj

benwj wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:
benwj wrote:

The police will only raise a case on the victims request. The victim was probably pushed into it by people like you, but he still had the power to drop the charges at any time.
In this case the he was found guilty of supplying drugs to Sheik Issa, which I beleive carries a jail sentence.

Thank you for proving you know nothing about the case !

1) The victim was tortured for apparently defrauding the Shaikh in some business deal

2) 1 of the Shaikh's partners filmed the torture and later blackmailed the Shaikh with it

3) It is this partner, Nabulsi I think, who got sentenced for supplying the drugs, even though how credible that charge is something most of us know...

4) The Afghan guy was never charged with anything in the recent court proceedings

I understand you may want to show yourself as a yesman but it often pays to have some idea of what you are talking about :D
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

OOOuch ....good one
uaekid

OMG soooo much hatred for Herve, and soooooo much denial for the Sheikh torturer, it s pathetic that you, Emirati boys, do not see you only make it worse for yourself.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

benwj wrote:Thanks VW.

So you liked the documentary Robby. So did I. But rather than wearing rose colored glasses, I like to think that I can see past the shite colored glasses.

And the UAE justice system has served me well so far.
I quote from UAE major to jinglie who owed me money "you pay or I send to jail". And I got my money. No court case necessary. Just good old fashioned justice.

If the UAE justice system had its way Sheikh Issa would never have been taken to court in the first place. They did make fools of themselves trying to dismiss it, but at the end of the day, the guy was stealing money from Sheikh Issa and if he did not raise the case against Sheikh Issa, he would currently be a free man, albeit with a few scars. More fool him.

Somehow I don't think that he will re-offend though, unlike Herve who could do with a cattle prod up the arse himself.

In your first post you tell your friend : So I promptly put my friend straight and said that no one gets thrown in jail in Dubai for no reason.
and here you say : And the UAE justice system has served me well so far.

I think you just confirmed to everyone that Herve is right.
capsicum
BANNED

Enough said. You guys torture that Benwj guy, so I can relax a bit here. :lol:

After all, he thinks its proper justice. So why not use his preffered tactics on him when justice needs to be served.

Blackburn, Gertrude and Caps...more sand in his mouth. And don't forget to drive the car over his arms, legs and whatever that sheikh Issa guy did to that poor Afghani peasant. He's all yours now ;)
:happy1:
RobbyG

benwj wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:

You're just a fountain of knowledge and facts, aren't you?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Herve peddling his book down under Mar 11, 2010
RobbyG wrote:Enough said. You guys torture that Benwj guy, so I can relax a bit here. :lol:

After all, he thinks its proper justice. So why not use his preffered tactics on him when justice needs to be served.

Blackburn, Gertrude and Caps...more sand in his mouth. And don't forget to drive the car over his arms, legs and whatever that sheikh Issa guy did to that poor Afghani peasant. He's all yours now ;)
:happy1:

Not my tactics, but if thats the consequences, I'll wear it. Not that I'd put myself in that situation anyway.
But I'm not going to condone stealing or blackmail.
benwj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat