DD Doing An Herve

Topic locked
DD doing an Herve Mar 27, 2011
Ok, so can you believe it? My local "fixer" who guided me through my court case wants more money! I submitted my final payment to him ages ago, and it now seems he needs "feel better" money. I have not been threatened but have been told "this is a problem that will not go away". Can you believe these jagoffs here? Amazing that 40k AED is not enough gratitude for taking a few phone calls and a few meetings with lawyers. Definitely the most expensive coffee I have ever had.

With our impending departure in a few weeks, I am concerned that he will use his connections to get me stopped at the airport. (how/for what I have no idea?) Can you get arrested here for failing to make an extortion payment? I know enough about the system here that connections matter before protocol and law. What the eff is wrong with people?

Looks like DD will be doing an Herve-style departure. Funny how I mentioned it about a year ago. April 8, 1:00pm is the time. I need to get so much done in that time! Mrs. DD and I have the entire schedule worked out now. I was hoping to get my clearance certificate for my Australian Immigration before I left, but I am not going anywhere near an immigration office or police station. Who knows what this guy may have done?

If anyone has any genuine contacts with the authorities, I would appreciate help via PM. Anyone that knows me in real life, keep it to yourself, I don't want to worry Mrs. DD.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: DD Doing An Herve Mar 27, 2011
So what you want is a fixer fixer?? :)
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: DD Doing An Herve Mar 28, 2011
If a man can be jailed for 6 months for refusing to pay rent to a landlord who had decided not to provide the apartment/factory in question, anything is possible...

DUBAI // A manager of a petroleum company was sentenced to six months in prison for a bounced cheque he said he wrote to pay rent for a factory that was never delivered.

The American PM, 55, was convicted of issuing a bad cheque worth Dh600,000. He was arrested and has been in custody since February 17.

PM denied the charged. He said he wrote the cheque to AA, a 27-year-old Emirati who owns the petroleum factory in Dubai, to rent it from him. But AA never delivered, and later filed a report against him over the cheque, PM said.

“You honour, this is a false accusation. Why should I pay him any money when he did not rent out the factory to me? I didn't receive any factory in return for my money,” he told the court.

They cheque was originally for a one-year contract and was to be paid in four installments of Dh150,000. AA said he conditioned the cheque to submit it to the bank in case PM failed to pay any installment, records show.

According to court records, the defendant and the claimant met on July 3 to settle the business agreement regarding the factory because AA had not provided a signed rental contract between the two and did not deliver the factory.

Records show that on that day, they agreed in front of witnesses to break the agreement and for AA to return the cheque.AA did not return the cheque and filed the report against PM
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: DD Doing An Herve Mar 28, 2011
No contract??? There you go!!! It's not to say that it would be worth the paper it was written on, but could have helped. I wonder if AA ever had a factory to begin with. :shock: Dubai is loaded with fools.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat