Fuel Problems To Last For Weeks

Topic locked
Fuel problems to last for weeks Jun 06, 2011
So I'm wondering why they don't do this little by little, to minimize the disruption.

http://gulfnews.com/business/oil-gas/fu ... s-1.818339

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Fuel Problems To Last For Weeks Jun 07, 2011
its a real problem, I see long queues every where for fuel, and i fuel up the tank anytime i find it a bit empty ...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Imagine that ! A country sitting on 20% of the worlds oil having fuel problems, who'd thunk it, eh ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Imagine that ! A country sitting on 20% of the worlds oil having fuel problems, who'd thunk it, eh ?

its not the whole country, its only Eppco & Enoc (Dubai Oil companies I think?) others are working fine (and making a lot of money these days :D )...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Fuel problems to last for weeks Jun 07, 2011
Oh no, Emarat were having major distribution problems a couple of weeks ago. Rumour had they weren't paying the shippers or the truckers.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Fuel problems to last for weeks Jun 07, 2011
All the fuel companies here (except ADNOC) have to buy their refined petrol from ADNOC Takreer and they set the price as well as control the distribution. Maybe someone hasn't been paying heir bills?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Maybe they want a monopoly - put the other companies out of business.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Maybe they want a monopoly - put the other companies out of business.

Well stupidly ADNOC are the only company that refine their oil here. Everyone else ships it offshore to be refined, then they buy it back at a higher cost than they sold it for! Daft really hey.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Fuel Problems To Last For Weeks Jun 08, 2011
Sounds pretty daft if this is result!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Fuel problems to last for weeks Jun 08, 2011
i dont think adnoc is the only company that "refines" their products in UAE. There is ENOC they have a refinery in jebal ali. There is also fujairah refinery. There was sharjah refinery but thats been closed down ages ago!

by the way was at epco today and experienced no problemo whatsoever. maybe a technical glitch they were facing or something??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

I think this is a supply problem, rather than the official lie that they are upgrading - who in their right mind would try to upgrade all the stations at once?????

Reading some analysis that is floating around in the news, the petrol stations actually make losses on the fuel, as the prices are set by the government, and so they end up paying more for the fuel when they buy it in than they are allowed to sell it for - part of the redistribution of wealth via cheap fuel prices. So as demand increases, so losses increase too!

There are only so many Mars bars and cappucinos the garages can sell to offset this, i suspect.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Yup. They want to raise the petrol from the current 1.72AED (something like that, I don't look at the price, but it was mentioned in an article) to something like 3.15AED a liter (or is that a gallon? :? )
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Maybe Emarat. ENOC/Eppco should just call it a day if they can't make any money from this instead of constant moaning and pack up and let Adnoc come in.
desertdudeshj

Re: Fuel problems to last for weeks Jun 08, 2011
I read a comment somewhere that the companies are like a Thai farmer who buys Durian from Dubai and then complains when he makes a loss in selling those durians in Thailand !

If all the neighboring countries, 5 of whom actually export less oil than the UAE, can manage, then so can the UAE !

Maybe ADNOC should just replace Eppco/Enoc.

-- Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 am --

GulfNews is on a sole mission to show that people want price increases ?!

They quote normal residents giving an expert forecast of "oil will remain above 90$" , !

Abu Dhabi: It's time for the UAE government to align domestic petrol prices with the market and do away with the fuel subsidies altogether, feel some UAE nationals who spoke to Gulf News.

Last year the UAE announced plans to gradually reduce subsidies on petrol, which cost the government hundreds of millions of dirhams a year, until prices match international market levels.

The yawning gap in domestic prices and international prices is widely believed to be the cause of the shortages of petrol in Dubai and Sharjah.

The UAE state oil marketing companies are estimated to be incurring a combined loss of around Dh16.5 million per day on petrol sales as the gap between state-set petrol prices and the cost of imports has widened in recent months.

"The government should de-regulate the price of petrol and leave it to market forces. The best way to solve the petrol crisis is to leave the price to market forces," suggested Mohammad Al Hammadi.

"The global crude oil prices are unlikely to come down below $90 a barrel in the foreseeable future. The petrol problem is going to remain until the market becomes free," said K.M., another Emirati.

He said UAE residents can afford to pay higher prices for petrol, given their standard of living. Except for persons with low income who get social security, and pensioners, everyone else should be ready to pay more for petrol, K.M. added
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat