Forget Demolition I Almost Burned Down My Place Today.

Topic locked
Forget demolition I almost burned down my place today. Sep 05, 2007
Oh man, dumbest thing in a while.

I come home from work around 5 pm and realized that I have some brocolli which I better cook or it will go. So as soon as I got in the door I when to the kitchen and decided to cook the brocolli. I do this by first boiling water in an electic kettle and then tranfering the boiling water into a pot and cooking it for a few minutes. So I put the water in the kettle turned the stove on and went to my bedroom to change.

When I came back about 5 minutes later. The kitchen was full of thick black smoke and flames where coming out of the stove. For a second I could not figure out what had caught on fire. Then realized that I had put the electric kettled (to part which is plastic and metal) on top of the stove and lit it :shock: So the plastic caught on fire hot dark plastic that was molten and spread all over the stove and burner. I doused the fire with water (don't have fire extinguisher) and of course flames shot up to the cupboards. A mess. Luckily nothing else caught on fire but it sure stinks of burned plastic in here. Even after opening all the doors and windows.

I can't believe I just did that as I've done the same routine countless times. Just got back from the mall from buying a replacement kettle to save the brocolli!

Dumbass!

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2007
bloody hell mate you were well lucky.

Note to Self:

Must get a fire extinguisher
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 05, 2007
wow close call, glad you're okay.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Forget demolition I almost burned down my place today. Sep 06, 2007
Concord wrote:Oh man, dumbest thing in a while.

I come home from work around 5 pm and realized that I have some brocolli which I better cook or it will go. So as soon as I got in the door I when to the kitchen and decided to cook the brocolli. I do this by first boiling water in an electic kettle and then tranfering the boiling water into a pot and cooking it for a few minutes. So I put the water in the kettle turned the stove on and went to my bedroom to change.

When I came back about 5 minutes later. The kitchen was full of thick black smoke and flames where coming out of the stove. For a second I could not figure out what had caught on fire. Then realized that I had put the electric kettled (to part which is plastic and metal) on top of the stove and lit it :shock: So the plastic caught on fire hot dark plastic that was molten and spread all over the stove and burner. I doused the fire with water (don't have fire extinguisher) and of course flames shot up to the cupboards. A mess. Luckily nothing else caught on fire but it sure stinks of burned plastic in here. Even after opening all the doors and windows.

I can't believe I just did that as I've done the same routine countless times. Just got back from the mall from buying a replacement kettle to save the brocolli!

Dumbass!

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 06, 2007
Get some sleep... I do crazy shi|t like that all the time.. usually because lack of sleep.

Oh look, it's 2:41 am. :shock:
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 06, 2007
happens to the best of us :lol:

i almost burned my house once as well, while i was deep frying. the flames went up and i doused with water. i was in a panic it never came to me that fire, water, and oil doesnt mix very well. :oops:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 06, 2007
daym, take it easy, lucky guy
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 06, 2007
electriciy is bad thing. i prefer bon fire.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 06, 2007
haha.. ..couldnt stop laughing.. lucky that it just turned out to b a thing to look back n have a good laugh at.. b careful conci.. :D :) Take care..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat