For Smokers Only...

Topic locked
For Smokers only... Aug 05, 2006
i feel already bad but whatever lol,

what's your favorite ciggs? mine are Phillip Morris Menths 100s, also i'm not ashamed to say ThreeStars the red one :S believe it or not, i came here smoking Marlboro Reds, and everyone was smoking threestars because it's the cheapest around, i gave the white a try and i said i'll never ever touch it lol, it's sick, but the reds, wow, seriously they were good :S and the 10 pc's pack is for 13 dirhams, 1.3 dirhams for the pack :S imagine?

ps: if you are not a smoker, please don't smoke, please please, it's the worst addiction ever, specially in my case, when ya know it's wrong and you love it and you try to quit but then say hell no i love it, so never try it if you are not a smoker, and the worst thing about it is when you mix types and wake up the next day AMAZING FEELING, you feel like !#%!#%!# lol.

Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 05, 2006
Rami, No offense but I don't think it's particularly cool to discuss the best and most tasty ways to smoke yourself to a slow death.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2006
i know it's not cool, i never said it's cool, but it's just, something i got used to and it integrated into my life and taking it out means taking out alot of stuff, it's never easy to understand this unless you try it and i guess you should never try it because it's wrong.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 05, 2006
Rami, I used to smoke roll-ups all through college, they are the worst!

But giving up is all down to will power, you have to make the consious decision that these things are not good for you anymore and view them as something destructive rather than an enjoyment.

Just think of all the nasty things you could develop in the future.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2006
i feel u Rami cause i am a smoker also...
i tried to quit is but i guess i was not so determined to do so, as i started again :(
it's crap to smoke...i was so much against cig. and ppl who smoked arround be could face a big quarrel! :roll:
i started for a foolish thing, all my colleagues were smoking and i saied to myself i will just try it and here i am ...still a smoker!
it's so decieving: u just wanna try it and u say to urself u can quit whenever u want but sooner than u can imagine u r already addicted to it!
i guess there is not magic formula to quit it, only the strenght to keep away from then and those who tempt u to smoke.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 05, 2006
hey Chocs

You were putty in my hands when i blew smoke all over ya

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 05, 2006
weird is that I am not addicted to smoking but I 'need' a smoke when i m driving & stuck in the jam! I prefer david off one :roll: with tar 1
& davidoff menthol, cause I havnt tried anything else!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 05, 2006
I gave up 8 years ago after being a dedicated smoker. Best thing I ever did in my life.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 05, 2006
alexandra wrote:i feel u Rami cause i am a smoker also...
i tried to quit is but i guess i was not so determined to do so, as i started again :(
it's crap to smoke...i was so much against cig. and ppl who smoked arround be could face a big quarrel! :roll:
i started for a foolish thing, all my colleagues were smoking and i saied to myself i will just try it and here i am ...still a smoker!
it's so decieving: u just wanna try it and u say to urself u can quit whenever u want but sooner than u can imagine u r already addicted to it!
i guess there is not magic formula to quit it, only the strenght to keep away from then and those who tempt u to smoke.

i started same as you :(
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 05, 2006
sage & onion wrote:I gave up 8 years ago after being a dedicated smoker. Best thing I ever did in my life.

happy for you :D

Chocoholic, thank you dear, i hope i'll quit :(

easternjewel, you need a smoke means you are an addict on a certine level, don't you think so :D
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2006
Rami wrote:easternjewel, you need a smoke means you are an addict on a certine level, don't you think so :D

yeh maybe ! thats why I put qoutes to the 'need' :wink:
easternjewel

Aug 06, 2006
well I started smoking during lectures so that I can avoid dizzyness! Then while I wud b stuck in jam I wud stop at the gas station for some coffee but after a certain time that wudnt help, so I tried ciggys & it helped! I was like wow, I dun even have to stop at the gas! its working, its cool.
easternjewel

Aug 06, 2006
easternjewel wrote:well I started smoking during lectures so that I can avoid dizzyness! Then while I wud b stuck in jam I wud stop at the gas station for some coffee but after a certain time that wudnt help, so I tried ciggys & it helped! I was like wow, I dun even have to stop at the gas! its working, its cool.

Smoking stops dizzyness, that's the first time I ever heard something like that, did you ever see a Doctor?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 06, 2006
well smoking, like most things in life, kills you.

I choose to smoke cos I enjoy it. I had stopped for 5 years or so, but got back into it when I came to Dubai.

My choice. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
smoking calms you down
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2006
Rami wrote:smoking calms you down

Its a myth :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 06, 2006
It's not the smoking that calms you down, it's the deep breaths you take when you smoke.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 06, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:It's not the smoking that calms you down, it's the deep breaths you take when you smoke.

Really, I thought it was the visions in your head of what you could do to the people that make your life hell. That always calms me down, its just a coincidence I'm smoking at the same time.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 06, 2006
Exactly PBH, I was going to say the same thing. Take up some breathing exercises (yoga!) people and give up the fags. :wink:

I know a guy who gave up smoking for my twin, because he wanted her to kiss him a lot. Smart man, and he reaped the rewards - he got a wife out of the deal, and lots of kisses. :lol: (I have a fab brother-in-law!)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 06, 2006
ok kanelli, i'll give up smoking for you then :P
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2006
^^ smoking is nothing to be proud of

regretfully speakign i started smoking when i was 14 or 15 but i am glad my ex gf made me quit so i ahvent smoked for almost 3 years now.
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2006
xibit wrote:^^ smoking is nothing to be proud of

regretfully speakign i started smoking when i was 14 or 15 but i am glad my ex gf made me quit so i ahvent smoked for almost 3 years now.

Its interesting you say that. I wonder how many people would actually give up something they enjoyed for the person they loved. I have never given up anything for someone, but given the right motivation, perhaps I would?
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 06, 2006
You should start soon before you get old and miserable
jim27753
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 06, 2006
Rami wrote:ok kanelli, i'll give up smoking for you then :P

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 06, 2006
jim27753 wrote:You should start soon before you get old and miserable

I am already old ... but I don't feel miserable yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?!?!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 06, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
jim27753 wrote:You should start soon before you get old and miserable

I am already old ... but I don't feel miserable yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?!?!

Then again maybe your doing something right
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
easternjewel wrote:well I started smoking during lectures so that I can avoid dizzyness! Then while I wud b stuck in jam I wud stop at the gas station for some coffee but after a certain time that wudnt help, so I tried ciggys & it helped! I was like wow, I dun even have to stop at the gas! its working, its cool.

Smoking stops dizzyness, that's the first time I ever heard something like that, did you ever see a Doctor?

nicotine when inhaled act as an relaxant to ur brain, therefore I feel fresh & better. U mind?
easternjewel

Aug 09, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

nicotine when inhaled act as an relaxant to ur brain, therefore I feel fresh & better. U mind?

do u smoke EJ? EW!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
smoking is a filthy habit.
But i dont want to be a hypocrite but i had about 25 shishas over the 2 year period i was in dubai which i really enjoyed :oops:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 09, 2006
175bpm wrote:smoking is a filthy habit.
But i dont want to be a hypocrite but i had about 25 shishas over the 2 year period i was in dubai which i really enjoyed :oops:

See 175 ....i smoke occasinally like 2 packs when i am stressed and can go months without touching any cigarrettes and i am strong beleiver of yin and yang... so men can smoke and be filthy and woman I prefer not to and be clean.... that's my opinion.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat