For FOOK SAKE, Switch Ya Bloody Hazard Lights Off!

Topic locked
Sep 13, 2006
Actually a good thing with some cars is that even if you have the hazard lights on, if you use the indicator the hazard lights go off until you stop the indicator :)

liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 13, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
FeiPo wrote:I guess I've never wake up early enough to drive in the fog nor driving home late (normally when i get home late = pissed in a taxi).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

you pissed in a taxi.....gross

pissed=drunk
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 13, 2006
ethnocentrism mode on

did you just discover the car?

ethnocentrism mode off
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 13, 2006
yorky500 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Er guys, one think I'd like to point out is that have you actually stop to notice that the majority of imported cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS!

This is why they use the hazard lights as otherwise you wouldn't see them at all. Granted it's a pain in the butt, but what else are you supposed to use? My Pajero doesn't have fog lights!

Chocs,

There are none that I am aware of, both in most Euro cars and Jap cars. I have two jap cars and both have Fog lights. Hell, one even has heated seats! :shock:

Look around a bit more, there are hundreds of cars here that don't have them.

I know you shouldn't use your hazard lights, but it's a catch 22, if youi don't have fog lights, what are you supposed to do to make yourself seen? Surely it's better to be seen than to just drive into the back of someone as you couldn't see them at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
yorky500 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Er guys, one think I'd like to point out is that have you actually stop to notice that the majority of imported cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS!

This is why they use the hazard lights as otherwise you wouldn't see them at all. Granted it's a pain in the butt, but what else are you supposed to use? My Pajero doesn't have fog lights!

Chocs,

There are none that I am aware of, both in most Euro cars and Jap cars. I have two jap cars and both have Fog lights. Hell, one even has heated seats! :shock:

I know you shouldn't use your hazard lights, but it's a catch 22, if youi don't have fog lights, what are you supposed to do to make yourself seen? Surely it's better to be seen than to just drive into the back of someone as you couldn't see them at all.

well in england, they have fog all the time, how do they coop?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
So in Dubai most people use:
Hazard lights in fog
Foglights and Parking lights when driving at night

ok, noted. :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 13, 2006
valkyrie wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
FeiPo wrote:I guess I've never wake up early enough to drive in the fog nor driving home late (normally when i get home late = pissed in a taxi).

you pissed in a taxi.....gross

pissed=drunk

i know what she meant, i was just messing around.

ufffff
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006

Chocs, there should be a rear fog light on your car even if you do not have them on the front. Failing that your normal headlights/tail lights are still visible in the foggy conditions here so that would be a lot safer than hazards.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
yorky500 wrote:

Chocs,

I stick my arm out the window waving a burning flare.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 13, 2006
Actually, thats a good point WXR, most cars have rear fog lights (which is what i was referring to)

Sorry Chocs, i think we got our wires crossed, I was referring to rear fog lights only, not front.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 13, 2006
yorky500 wrote:

Chocs,

my car has fogs and heated seats too

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Chocs, there should be a rear fog light on your car even if you do not have them on the front. Failing that your normal headlights/tail lights are still visible in the foggy conditions here so that would be a lot safer than hazards.

Absolutely correct XRW.

On this point I actually looked this morning, over a period of 15 minutes, to each and every person that was driving with his/her Hazard flashing and they were without exception (a total of 19 seen) from the Sub-Continent, now why is this?????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
Simple soultion to all this , better driver traning , tougher laws etc

Better public transport , less cars = less smog

ya ya ya
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
Public Transport and dubai

yerrrrrrrr right it will never be accepted. We will all be walking from our places every morning in June/july /august to catch a train NOT.

Ohhhhhh unless this new metro actually stops outside everyones house/appartment in Dubai

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Sep 13, 2006
I never said it would work did I , I know wot dubai is like and no one would accept it.

But the problem here is attitude then isn't it , everyone wants to be rich and pampered, I guess i see the world in a different way , Alas.
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
dubaiquote wrote:But the problem here is attitude then isn't it , everyone wants to be rich and pampered, I guess i see the world in a different way , Alas.

I wouldn't call wanting to maintain a suitable condition/standard of living being rich or pampered.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
You see the problem with Dubai is this and I have seen it first hand.

People treat their own Muslim brothers (let alone non-muslims) like scum unless they rich.

Just look at the construction workers people look at the with disgust and contempt.

If being comfortable means you forget your own values , May i be protected from comfort
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Well now here's the weird thing, I have front fog/high intensity lights, but no rear fog lights, it's the same for many Mitsubishi's.

Bleakus, in the UK, yes we have fog all the time, but all the cars are equipped with fog lights, so of course we use them in foggy conditions. But in the UAE remember we only have maybe 4 or 5 foggy mornings a year, so many of the cars imported from other countries are not required to have them, nor do people know how to ue them properly as they're not used to foggy conditions.

Many people still truck along at outrageous speeds in low visibility, then wonder why they hit a car in front.

What really ticks me off is these morons who drive along in clear weather with their fog lights on, blinding everyone in front and behind them, which only proves that because the adverse weather conditions are sparse here, people just don't know what they're for.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
dubaiquote wrote:You see the problem with Dubai is this and I have seen it first hand.

People treat their own Muslim brothers (let alone non-muslims) like scum unless they rich.

Just look at the construction workers people look at the with disgust and contempt.

If being comfortable means you forget your own values , May i be protected from comfort

I presume you have had bad (personal) experiences, as I am neither muslim nor rich, as a matter of fact if you go by my outlook I could pass as anyone working at a cafe to carrefour and I still get treated with decency. On the odd occasion, yes some people may over look you as though you are nothing better but they are certainly not the majority.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
dubaiquote wrote:You see the problem with Dubai is this and I have seen it first hand.

I presume you have had bad (personal) experiences, as I am neither muslim nor rich, as a matter of fact if you go by my outlook I could pass as anyone working at a cafe to carrefour and I still get treated with decency. On the odd occasion, yes some people may over look you as though you are nothing better but they are certainly not the majority.

Well of course XRW, you will be treated with respect (fear) when you walk around the place dressed and moving like your Avator :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Well of course XRW, you will be treated with respect (fear) when you walk around the place dressed and moving like your Avator :wink:

A jiving robot - respect!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Well of course XRW, you will be treated with respect (fear) when you walk around the place dressed and moving like your Avator :wink:

A jiving robot - respect!

You call that jiving, wow :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
Amongst other things... :lol:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Well it certainly isn't jiving, that's something else altogether.

Oi so any suggestions, seeing as I only have FRONT fog lights?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well it certainly isn't jiving, that's something else altogether.

Oi so any suggestions, seeing as I only have FRONT fog lights?

Okay, I was trying to be less 'blokey' but I'll have to revert to the chocco way...

A shagging robot - respect! - better Chocs?

So, your tail lights are rather dim?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
chocs

are you absolutely sure you havent got rear fogs??
arniegang

Sep 13, 2006
Yep, there's a fog light button of the dash board but it only turns on high intensity lights on the front, they just aren't there on the back, I've looked and looked, no sign of the little blighters, no Pajeros have them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yep, there's a fog light button of the dash board but it only turns on high intensity lights on the front, they just aren't there on the back, I've looked and looked, no sign of the little blighters, no Pajeros have them.

Chocs,

You are correct, Pajero's do not have rear fog lights.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat