Topic locked
Aug 08, 2006
long live the DFM

:D

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:I think if I soldiered on to Rockbottom I would have been a no-show today.

We woulda really have hit "rock" bottom if we did...

It truly is Rockbottom. Dubai has some interesting places... Rockbottom, Rattlesnake.... The Cyclone.
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I think if I soldiered on to Rockbottom I would have been a no-show today.

Hmmm

Well I think Fayz was understandably gutted to miss out and be stuck in London (especially having to meet me as well!).
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 08, 2006
Which reminds me... a "Boys night out." was discussed last night... is anyone interested? Waf was keen to check out the Cyclone... only for curioisities sake.
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Which reminds me... a "Boys night out." was discussed last night... is anyone interested? Waf was keen to check out the Cyclone... only for curioisities sake.

i suggested a morroccan night club...the dodgier the better...only for curiosities sake of course...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Which reminds me... a "Boys night out." was discussed last night... is anyone interested? Waf was keen to check out the Cyclone... only for curioisities sake.

i suggested a morroccan night club...the dodgier the better...only for curiosities sake of course...

Where would we find a more-rockin' nightclub? Beside Morrocco.
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
constantine wrote:

heard Amnesia (near the hard rock cafe) is right dodgy...shall we?
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
constantine wrote:

heard Amnesia (near the hard rock cafe) is right dodgy...shall we?

Yeah I've heard it's pretty seedy, but a lot of Bikie's go there. (Is this true do they have bikies in Dubai?)

We don't want trouble... well, not that kind of trouble anyway.
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:no worries mate be glad to can bring in 8 bottles, so you and Ian let me know what you both want.

thanks appreciate it...a bottle of jameson would do just fine :D ...when are ya coming around again then?
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
I'm going to start a separate thread on it.
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
next month mate

:wink:
arniegang

Aug 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Yeah I've heard it's pretty seedy, but a lot of Bikie's go there. (Is this true do they have bikies in Dubai?)

yeah they have a pretty big harley club here...and the riders meet up for dawn curcuits...read about it somewhere...also had a biker neighbour in the springs...they are quite nice if you dont behave like Starsky and Hutch...and we going there to check out the morrocans right? :wink: ..."born to be wild"...
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Yeah I've heard it's pretty seedy, but a lot of Bikie's go there. (Is this true do they have bikies in Dubai?)

yeah they have a pretty big harley club here...and the riders meet up for dawn curcuits...read about it somewhere...also had a biker neighbour in the springs...they are quite nice if you dont behave like Starsky and Hutch...and we going there to check out the morrocans right? :wink: ..."born to be wild"...

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=80489#80489
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
lol residency - jamesons -PSP's- Nightclubs and a u turn to jamesons

that to so fast :lol: :lol:

Man u people r capable of something
:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:next month mate

:wink:

PAAARTY time...unless ya gonna be bogged down by construction and cement issues :wink: ...DFM and 'all
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:We woulda really have hit "rock" bottom if we did...

Considering the place is meant to be rock bottom, there's plenty of soft ones there.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
constantine wrote:We woulda really have hit "rock" bottom if we did...

Considering the place is meant to be rock bottom, there's plenty of soft ones there.

soft but not supple...
constantine

Re: Finally - Residency - Wow! Aug 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Finally I got my residency.... woohoo!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh.. and I need some help with a little thing:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=9572

Congrats Ian,

Now you can get your liquor permit and really be legal with that bottle of Jamesons
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
Congratulations.

The most stressful part was handing over my passport to the PRO! He told me everyone does it to get the 'stamp" but I refused unless he gave me his passport for me to hold and he did (he had to in my case) and the whole thing took 2 days (after the test and paper work had already been done). Its funny because he told me not to tell anybody that I held his passport!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
constantine wrote:congrats matey...now that yer legal...so we can finally catch up on that alcoholic bevvie... :wink:

Um... we've been drinking alcohol since we got here. Oh, I left a full bottle of Jamesons at your house too. I drank about a quarter of the one you had opened though.

:P

um it was a joke :P since we were drinking last night...strangely enough.. 1 dirham a drink...and i wasnt even close to being tipsy...

you got to let us know about the place 8)
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 13, 2006
the_zooter wrote:I heard about the one dirham a drink offer.
I expect there are a few thick heads this morning?? Any MIA (missing in action)??

And as for the PSP's - I saw Fayz on Sunday, and just before he fell asleep whilst eating his good old English Fish & Chips (maybe my scintillating conversation??), he told me that he was still on his first one! And, he also revealed that he fears that some of the PSP's may be missing!!

Oh - Scarlet & Ian - congrats to you both (sorry to hijack your thread!)

Mate it definitely wasn’t the company and I do apologize for cutting our night short. It was really great to meet up, I also wanted to congratulate you on your news, albeit bittersweet. I still owe you beverages for the PSP’s and I’ll be back in the UK soon enough hopefully next time I won’t be taking the red eye after working an 18 hour day though lol

Ian and Scar congrats to you both, as I write this I’m hoping you’re singing a duet.

Oh and I’m now on my second PSP, I ran up stairs and I looked at the stash I received and it was 18 packs. I’ve rekindled my relationship with the Nosh though and have seen the strong arm of the DFM in action, I know the others will turn up.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 13, 2006
Congrats ^ian^ and scarlet!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat