Fight Club

Topic locked
Fight Club Jan 11, 2010
What is the secret to getting in there?

I PM'd the relevant people etc and still no access.
Have I been "black balled"?

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Fight Club Jan 11, 2010
I think there are a number of people waiting to get in, myself included. I also emailed Andy Ba at his personal email address but no response so far.

You would have thought that all of the site's mods could give access, which either means that they're too busy or too lazy. The words "too busy" shouldn't be in a moderators vocabulary.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

That's probably another thread gone. You can't be abusive to the mods
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dont you see that if no one can get in there, there is no point postin in there, it means no one will read your posts. I think it s just a form of censorship. Lots of threads disapeared lately, we should all censor DF and move to another forum, try the dark side of Dubai forum
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... enumber=16
capsicum
BANNED

Dr Strangeglove wrote:I think there are a number of people waiting to get in, myself included. I also emailed Andy Ba at his personal email address but no response so far.

You would have thought that all of the site's mods could give access, which either means that they're too busy or too lazy. The words "too busy" shouldn't be in a moderators vocabulary.

As explained on numerous occasions previously, only the Forum Administrator Andyba or Smartd can grant access to the fight club.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:As explained on numerous occasions previously, only the Forum Administrator Andyba or Smartd can grant access to the fight club.

And as numerous people have stated, repeatedly, neither Andyba nor Smartd are responding to PMs or emails.

This is getting Kafka-esque in its ridiculousness.

Are these two people even affiliated with this site anymore? If not, can I suggest making a more regular visitor a mod? Otherwise you're going to keep getting these requests, especially when you censor (sorry, consign) contentious subjects to Fight Club.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

sage & onion wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:I think there are a number of people waiting to get in, myself included. I also emailed Andy Ba at his personal email address but no response so far.

As explained on numerous occasions previously, only the Forum Administrator Andyba or Smartd can grant access to the fight club.

Yes. You have explained on numerous occasions and nothing ever seems to happen.
People have things to say Sage and want to contribute to subjects.

I must say, your attitude is not a good ad for this forum.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dr Strangeglove wrote:
sage & onion wrote:As explained on numerous occasions previously, only the Forum Administrator Andyba or Smartd can grant access to the fight club.

And as numerous people have stated, repeatedly, neither Andyba nor Smartd are responding to PMs or emails.

This is getting Kafka-esque in its ridiculousness.

Are these two people even affiliated with this site anymore? If not, can I suggest making a more regular visitor a mod? Otherwise you're going to keep getting these requests, especially when you censor (sorry, consign) contentious subjects to Fight Club.

I am a Moderator, however I am not able to grant access to the Fight Club.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Fight Club Jan 12, 2010
capsicum wrote:Dont you see that if no one can get in there, there is no point postin in there, it means no one will read your posts. I think it s just a form of censorship. Lots of threads disapeared lately, we should all censor DF and move to another forum, try the dark side of Dubai forum
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... enumber=16

Thanks for the link to that forum Capsicum. Never seen it before.

What I like about that forum is the raw speech (including some foul and emotional expressions) they appear to have. At least no undisclosed movement of topics to Fight Club there.

Perhaps the moderators at DF should add a list of words NOT to use. That would be more transparant instead of 'censorship' by the virtue of subjective moderation.

HINT. :idea:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

The crying never stops. Well someone open the fight club to the public, robbyg got some bashing to do and wants everyone to see it LOL his last thread was the slap of Dubai not paying the construction workers enough. happy robbyg :)
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Maybe I should turn the domain below into a fight blog. I could easily do that if enough people wanted it. No holds barred. Freedom to express what ever you want to say. It might be a hit. No moderation. :D

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Fight Club Jan 13, 2010
no secret.. access only for certin people .. they are the ones with blue eyes and blonde hair ..

i have been here for more tha 4 years ..i dont have access ..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Fight Club Jan 14, 2010
Hmm..I must have been lucky. I'm neither blonde or blue eyed..and just to rub it in and gloat me has access to vetrans lounge aswell :D
desertdudeshj

I don't see the benefit to be in fight club, since it s so restricted to get there, It must be completely boring with no one to read your posts.
capsicum
BANNED

A full explanation (and.... especially for Ian :wink: ) can be found here :

dubai-chat/dear-moderators-t40215.html

Thread Locked
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat