FIFA World Cup - England Must Lose

Topic locked
Jun 12, 2006
Ivory Coast lost by luck against Argentina, but there is still hope Ghana and Tunisia could pull huge upsets and make it to the second round.

VIVA AFRICA

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 12, 2006
To many of us who know the game, Beckham is not one of the great footballers yet. He just happened to be a British with a pretty smile. England needs a hero & he became the obvious choice. Even ex-England coach Bobby Robson admitted that Beckham is not the best choice for captaining England. He would rather choose John Terry or Stevie G over Beckham anytime.

By the way, the English hooligans are back. Here's some of the facts - read them & weep;

1. Thugs clash in England as scuffles mar win against Paraguay - AFP

2. Home-grown violence mars victory - PA

3. Britons arrested at World Cup venue - PA

4. England Fans With Swastikas Arrested - Sky News

Here are some of the other highlights:

1. I'd cry if we win the World Cup, says Beckham - AFD (What a wimpy thing to say!).

2. Vanity Fair

"Part of Beckham's off-the-field success seems to be that he is a mutable icon who can be cited as both the blackest white man in Britain and the straight man most desired by gays. 'I just woke up one day and someone called to tell me I'd been voted the gay style icon of the year or whatever,' recalls Beckham. 'I think it's quite cool, actually."
(He thinks it's cool, can you believe it? Something's really fishy here.)
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat