FIFA World Cup - England Must Lose

Topic locked
FIFA World Cup - England Must Lose Jun 09, 2006
Whatever it is, I truly hope England doesn't win. There is so much hype surrounding this team that I hope some lowly ranked African, South American or Asian team would just shut them up once & for all.

Eriksson & Beckham could then pack up early & head for home. One need to have some peace and quiet from the loud English media & hype. The only way to acheive that would of course be their early exit from the tournament. Pretty faggot Beckham back to Spain/UK & the greedy womanising Eriksson Sweden. Only in their dreams would they hold the World Cup.

But I'm sure they'd be capable of coming out with some fabulous excuse if they lose. Excuses like Rooney was rushed back to play even though he is not 100% fit etc. The last time Brazil shut them up good by beating them 2-1 with 10 men in the quarter-finals (thanks to Ronaldinho magical free-kick) & they said they lost because Beckham wasn't match fit. When they lost to Argentina in 1998 thru penalty shoot-outs and they put the blame on the referee for sending Beckham off early in that game. When they lost to Portugal in Euro 2004, they said it was horrible to lose in a penalty shoot-out - the "horrible" they used made it sound like they deserved to win.

They won the Cup back in 1966 & they have been talkin' bout it since. Imagine if they win the World Cup this time; be certain no one would be spared from their flashy journalism/commentary for many years to come.

Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
Hmmm...being a Brit, I can't sympathise with your swingeing princess about the country etc...but I certainly don't care if they get knocked out of the World Cup in the first round. Football sucks. Watch rugby and see how a real sport is played!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 09, 2006
Ride-on, Knighty!
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
Gene, you bitter little man. The England team contains some world class players capable of adding a great deal to this World Cup but no-one, as far as I can see is saying the trophy is in the bag. England supporters tend to approach any big competition in hope rather than expectation and this time it's no different although some feel we are in with a chance this time around due to the quality of the squad. And I think you will find most people feel we haven't won a competition since 1966 because we haven't been quite good enough rather than through bad luck. Yeah, people have been getting excited about this summer's festival of football but so have plenty of other nations who enjoy their football. You want to just try to enjoy the beautiful game and some of the best players in the world (including David Beckham) put on some great entertainment.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder the size of Africa. Maybe you should try a different sport... what about trying to surpass David Blaine's breath-holding record attempt :shock: ? And can I watch :lol: ?
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 09, 2006
What's there to be bitter? England hasn't won anything yet for a long time despite all the incredible hype by the media (and your goodself) that they are a "World Class" team comprising of the "best" players in the world. Hahaha! I'm hoping it stays that way - trophyless for years to come.

Rightfully speaking, the English team and everyone involved (including yourself) should be the ones who are feeling bitter. Don't be too fast or proud to associate yourself as an English supporter; remember England invented the name "soccer hooligan".
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
Oh, I see, everyone in England is a football hooligan. I think you'll find that if you now compare England with other countries in Europe in that respect, you'll to come to the conclusion that you're talking a load of old cobblers. I don't expect England to win the World Cup and I don't over-hype their chances. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and ignore bitter little people like you with their gratuitious swipes. Your description of Beckham as a "Pretty faggot" speaks volumes about you and I'f there was a section on the forums for bollocks your post would surely have been moved there already.

Anyway I'm off to watch the World Cup now... you keep exercising your right hand (which I'm sure is already extremely over-developed) :shock:
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 09, 2006
Even though I should technically be rooting for England I would like a lesser recognized team to win too! :lol:
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
Altogether now:

Engerland, Eng - er - land, Engeeeerland!!!

I've got my St Georges flags out and will be rooting for our boys.

C'mon England!
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 09, 2006
You should see it here buddy

Every nob into footy is driving round with 2 x St G flags stuck to their car window.

:evil: :evil:
arniegang

Jun 09, 2006
I want England to win. Why? I live right across the street from the Irish Village. It's like the biggest gathering of Brits in Dubai.

So here's a simple equation:

UK wins = Brits happy. Period.

UK loses = End of life as we know it in Garhoud. Blair and Bush will come hand in hand looking for WMDs...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 09, 2006
You tell em Shaf.... it's time to make some noise or even do a.... :wav:
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 09, 2006
Shut Up Gene!!

Come on England!! En-Gerrr-Land!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 09, 2006
GoodBai wrote:Oh, I see, everyone in England is a football hooligan. I think you'll find that if you now compare England with other countries in Europe in that respect, you'll to come to the conclusion that you're talking a load of old cobblers. I don't expect England to win the World Cup and I don't over-hype their chances. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and ignore bitter little people like you with their gratuitious swipes. Your description of Beckham as a "Pretty faggot" speaks volumes about you and I'f there was a section on the forums for bollocks your post would surely have been moved there already.

Anyway I'm off to watch the World Cup now... you keep exercising your right hand (which I'm sure is already extremely over-developed) :shock:

What on earth is this guy made of? All his remarks are personal attacks on me whereas mine are consistently on the English team. How can anyone fall to such low with obscenity like "keep exercising your right hand (which I'm sure is already extremely over-developed)"? Unbelievable character which probably stems from the kind of culture and upbringing. I do trust not all are like that but there are black sheeps everywhere these days.

They say the mind is the dirtiest part of the body. Here's a classic example.
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 09, 2006
question, I just moved here from England last week. Where can I watch the english/world cup matches with english commentary? if someone can tell me where/location I would greatly appreciate it.
BTW, it's shame that the world cup isn't broadcast for everyone on normal TV :(
caker_man
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 09, 2006
so gene, which country are you from? are your country even in the top 10 fifa rankings? or in the world cup? and yes beckham may be overrated, but has your country got players at the standard of john terry or steven gerrard? or someone with the undoubted talents of wayne rooney? how about you stop trying to princess about other countries football teams, we as english people have the right to say those things, surely as virtually every team in the world cup has people doing! just look at the german team, they've already booked their hotel in berlin for the final!
dave_w_uk
Dubai Forum User

Jun 09, 2006
oh man! things are already getting out of hand on a frickin forum... I don't wanna know what's gonna happen in the Irish Village...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 09, 2006
Please, it's only a game. I'm entitled to jeer for my least favourite team as much as you are entitled to cheer. Don't make personal swipe at each other over young millionaires-who-don't-give-us-two-hoots-and-don't-have-a-brain-but-brawl aka Beckham, Rooney & Terry. Less they may make hooligans out of you and me. How silly of us to think that they are "great" - an adjective too loosely used by the media these days.

Where I come from, people invented paper, the compass and steel as well as discovered America so they say. Now, these are GREAT people indeed.
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2006
true. Football is just a beatiful game to watch, as are other sports. Football brings "friendly" rivalry between nations but that's all. I am an England supporter and will be even if they get knocked out (if they don't then yipee). However I also enjoy watching the african nations play and the teams from the far east.... Hey, it would be nice to see Saudi do well but that's unlilkely. We all should enjoy watching great football, great competative action and support our home nations, not dawg other nations, unless its the U.S. :lol:
caker_man
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 10, 2006
I'm not a footie fan but - Come you boys!!!!!

Gene, get rid of that chip, man you should see the Greek footie supporters if you want real hooligans!

So are you an Italian or a Swede? The Vikings had settlements in America during the 11th century, way before Christopher Columbus got there!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2006
Hey Gene, ya great wuss. You come on here calling England players faggots, saying you'd like to see them humiliated and going on about English hooligans and then you go all indignant when you get a bit of ribbing back. What did you expect with such a provocative post?
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 10, 2006
By the way, thanks Chocs for the bit of support. And I forgive you for calling me a wimp for being a football supporter :D ! Bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk on the way..... or maybe you're a Bourneville girl :D ! Personally I don't think you can beat a dark chocolate Bounty... while you're watching England win :D l
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 10, 2006
I hope it's Iran.
$G$
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 11, 2006
GBai, the only English player I called a faggot was Beckham. In fact, plenty of my football friends ageed. After watching the game last night, I'm not so sure if we could also include the rest of the team. Read their excuse for the heat in the way they played against Paraguay.

by FIFAworldcup.com

"Four years ago, England exited the FIFA World Cup citing the intense heat and humidity of the Japanese summer as a key cause for their sluggish second-half showing against Brazil. It was meant to be different this time round, particularly after the players enjoyed an extra week's rest compared with 2002.

Yet while a 1-0 win in Frankfurt installed England as the early Group B leaders, once again manager Sven-Goran Eriksson ended up talking about the weather. It is said the English like nothing better, of course, and this is one custom Eriksson appeared keen to adopt after Saturday's match.

"The heat knocked us out a little," said Eriksson. The temperature reached 30 degrees in Frankfurt and according to the Swede: "The players said it was hot like against Brazil and Nigeria in Japan four years ago." Midfielder Frank Lampard, who was voted the Budweiser Man of the Match, echoed his coach's words. "I know we suffered in the second half and this is partly due to the conditions. They were very hard for us."

A bunch of pretty fairies.
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2006
Gene wrote:
A bunch of pretty fairies.

hahah i must say they were falling on the ground everytime a player from the other side came close to them
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Hmmm...being a Brit, I can't sympathise with your swingeing princess about the country etc...but I certainly don't care if they get knocked out of the World Cup in the first round. Football sucks. Watch rugby and see how a real sport is played!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

Yeah good point DK ..... whats all the fuss about the england game anyway all that was worth watching last night was the All Blacks beating Ireland and then South Africa taking the Scots apart!!
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 11, 2006
Gene, old son. I might be mistaken but I thought England won their opening match and were top of the group!!

As far as your Beckham comments go, I'm sure he'll be really devastated by your comments. He plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world and is hero-worshipped by the supporters there because of his consistently good performances. And he plays for such a club because he is, in fact, a dedicated professional who is first onto the training ground and last one to leave. It might be fashionable for know-nowts like you to have a dig at him but the fact remains he is a hard-working and talented footballer who has done much good for the game. He has helped to spur an interest in football among youngsters worldwide. They all know his name.

By the way, I admit it was uncalled for of me to say that you have an over-developed right hand... you could be left-handed for all I know :D
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 11, 2006
WON :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont make me laugh, 1-0 and that was an own goal.

They were an embarassment.

Rooney's been told he can play in the World Cup if he gets a Cortizone Injection.

Beckham found out and said "If that fat lover's having a new car, then so am i"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jun 11, 2006
Gary Lineker interviewing the England and Scotland managers before the world cup

Gary - "So Sven i will start with you, what are your expectations this year for England" ?

Sven - "I hope we will qualify from our group and with a little luck get to the final where we will have a good chance of lifting the world cup"

Gary - "OK Sven good luck with that, now Walter what are your expectations for the Scottish team this year"

Walter - "Well Gary i think a war will break out in Serbia and they will have to withdraw from the world cup.

Scotland will be invited in their place and for the first time they will qualify from the group section and go on to beat Brazil in the quarter finals 3-1. After that they will hammer Argentina 4-0 in the semi leaving the final between Scotland and England where Scotland will win by at least 5 clear goals "

Gary - "Come on now Walter is that not a bit ambitious"

Walter - "Aye maybe it is but its more beleiveable than the story Sven just came out with"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jun 11, 2006
Nick81 wrote:I want England to win. Why? I live right across the street from the Irish Village. It's like the biggest gathering of Brits in Dubai.

So here's a simple equation:

UK wins = Brits happy. Period.

UK loses = End of life as we know it in Garhoud. Blair and Bush will come hand in hand looking for WMDs...

There are way too many brits in Dubai, which makes it even funnier to see them lose.

Eriksson go piggieback with Beckham back to England! :twisted:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 12, 2006
arniegang wrote:Rooney's been told he can play in the World Cup if he gets a Cortizone Injection.

Beckham found out and said "If that fat lover's having a new car, then so am i"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat