Dumb Pedestrians

Topic locked
Dumb pedestrians Nov 03, 2006
Its not just the drivers in Dubai who are bad...pedestrians are getting worse as well. Here's a little incident that happened to me the other day:

I was parked in a public parking space in one of the slip roads in Bur Dubai. There are loads of empty spaces and my car is technically in the middle of nowhere. I check my mirrors, do a look behind me, there is nothing around me and start to reverse out of the space without actually backing into the slip road...at which point a guy steps off the pavement, walks directly behind me and then bangs the back of my car with his hand!

He then tries to tell me I reversed into him without looking!

The dude was on the pavement when I started moving and just didn't look before stepping off and wandering into a 'car zone'...

He got told in no uncertain terms!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 03, 2006
I just run them over.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 03, 2006
MAN!!!! the exact same thing happened to me in front of the HSBC bank in Bur Dubai near the creek about 3 months ago.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 03, 2006
ugh..i knw wht u mean..it jus pisses the hell out of me...

i was in karam the other day...n i was going like 50 or somthing...n people could see a car...but they cross the road anyways....i REALlY WANTED To hit ONE ...so thye could learn a lesson :evil:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Nov 03, 2006
it happened to me but i was the person in the pavement :( :( almost got hit by the car. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Dumb pedestrians Nov 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Its not just the drivers in Dubai who are bad...pedestrians are getting worse as well. Here's a little incident that happened to me the other day:

I was parked in a public parking space in one of the slip roads in Bur Dubai. There are loads of empty spaces and my car is technically in the middle of nowhere. I check my mirrors, do a look behind me, there is nothing around me and start to reverse out of the space without actually backing into the slip road...at which point a guy steps off the pavement, walks directly behind me and then bangs the back of my car with his hand!

He then tries to tell me I reversed into him without looking!

The dude was on the pavement when I started moving and just didn't look before stepping off and wandering into a 'car zone'...

He got told in no uncertain terms!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

tell me about it blind drivers :lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 03, 2006
That's why you always gotta keep looking behind while backing up, pal. Too many losers around with nothing to lose.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 03, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:ugh..i knw wht u mean..it jus pisses the hell out of me...

i was in karam the other day...n i was going like 50 or somthing...n people could see a car...but they cross the road anyways....i REALlY WANTED To hit ONE ...so thye could learn a lesson :evil:

I open my window and spit
They didn't see me....I didn't see them
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 03, 2006
mraph33 wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:ugh..i knw wht u mean..it jus pisses the hell out of me...

:lol: :lol: :lol: r u for real???
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 03, 2006
mraph33 wrote:

eeeeewwwww........
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Nov 04, 2006
i just keep going. if the moron decided to go and walk in front/ behind my car while he sees me moving...its his own fault.

if i can tell that he isnt going to move and be a jerk about it ill go up to him until im just close enough to knock him over and then ill go...if he says anything to me..well, ill leave that for another time :D
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat