Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers!

Topic locked
Re: Dumb dumb dumb local drivers! Mar 25, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:
benwj wrote:Could be a thing of the past soon.

I heard something about bus lanes today. These could be used by emergency services also, but not tailgating aholes.

They are already painted on the roads in Bur Dubai. It won't make the traffic move any faster as has been proven in every other country in the world.

Traffic in Paris, Rome and London actually moves faster on the days when the public transport workers go on strike!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Maybe everyone stays home when public transport workers go on strike. Or they pull together and car pool. I don't know, but am open to theories.

I must admit that I may have played a part in this, but think that it is a good way of getting people to start using buses instead of their cars. I have a car, so my motives are not personal.
Like Robby G, I only have the best intentions for the people of Dubai :)
Obviously general traffic is going to be slower if one lane is taken away, but this is all part of the plan. It is too easy to get in your car and there needs to be more incentive to travel on public transport. Dubai buses are cheap, clean and efficent, but hardly anyone uses them. Why? Why wouldn't buses and taxis (although I don't think that taxis can use the bus lanes at this point in time) move faster if given a lane to themselves?
Another problem is that cars do not give way to buses which have to wait a long time for traffic to pass before merging, so giving them a dedicated lane is going to be easier to police.
The plan is to have bus lanes for all buses in Dubai. If it turns out that they are a waste of time, they will be scrapped.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

RobbyG wrote:Its already a marvel that he came this far with learning english language, right Jonesy? :D

Yeah, the kid has improved a lot since joining DF,..but only linguistically!

Intelligently? ……uhh…not so sure!!!

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Tonight I witness the most blatant disregard for the rules of the road and common sense!

Sheikh Zayed Road was moving slowly (as it always seems to do in the evening rush hour) due to an accident that had been posted on the overhead illuminated signs.

In my mirrors, I catch the glitter of blue flashing lights and see an ambulance weaving its way, half on the median hard shoulder trying to get past the traffic and get to the scene of the accident. I, and the cars around me, duly pull over and make a hole to assist. As it goes past...there is a convoy of 5 local drivers in 4x4's tailgating the ambulance and dodging through the traffic in its wake!

Sorry, but that is just plain arrogant, stupid, irresponsible and dumb dumb dumb! I wish I had been able to get their numbers; Inspector Knacker at Bur Dubai HQ would have thrown every book in the station at them and probably impounded their gas guzzling V8 mobile shisha palaces for eternity!

Someone try and tell me they were being 'responsible locals'? Yes UAEKid, they were local I saw every single one of them and can recognise a UAE kandurah very well at that distance.

I hope their God siezes up their engines and dries out their brake fluid in his wrath!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

This is for the uaekid:

DK claimed above that the 5 a-holes who were running behind the ambulance were indeed locals, and he challenged you to dispute that.

I prepared a reply below from you to him. You can just "copy and paste" it when you make your reply:

"How can u say that U dum brit. how u kno they waring kandoora. Mybe they waring wite shirt. U cant see all kandoora frm yr car. If not also waring gutra and egal then they not lokal. Kandoora only not enuf u dum brit. Mybe they ware stpid brits or indyans.

Get alife mate."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny Tom. How are you coming along on the accent??? :lol:

Thanks BB.

I fake English with a great Arabic accent on the phone…but face to face…er…I'm afraid bad, bad, bad. I tried it once but couldn’t do it. I broke out laughing before I finished my first sentence!!!!

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

uaekid wrote:it was funny i ll give him that , the dam brit stole my line :)

You’re such a good sport kid…. That’s why we like to kid you….(no pun intended. Do you know what that means??) :)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

wishmaster wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Tonight I witness the most blatant disregard for the rules of the road and common sense!

Sheikh Zayed Road was moving slowly (as it always seems to do in the evening rush hour) due to an accident that had been posted on the overhead illuminated signs.

In my mirrors, I catch the glitter of blue flashing lights and see an ambulance weaving its way, half on the median hard shoulder trying to get past the traffic and get to the scene of the accident. I, and the cars around me, duly pull over and make a hole to assist. As it goes past...there is a convoy of 5 local drivers in 4x4's tailgating the ambulance and dodging through the traffic in its wake!

Sorry, but that is just plain arrogant, stupid, irresponsible and dumb dumb dumb! I wish I had been able to get their numbers; Inspector Knacker at Bur Dubai HQ would have thrown every book in the station at them and probably impounded their gas guzzling V8 mobile shisha palaces for eternity!

Someone try and tell me they were being 'responsible locals'? Yes UAEKid, they were local I saw every single one of them and can recognise a UAE kandurah very well at that distance.

I hope their God siezes up their engines and dries out their brake fluid in his wrath!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

In which country you don't find people like this? just name one country...

One country? OK, here is one : The USA.

I’ve lived in and been to many countries --- too many to name here. The only nitwits whom I’ve seen hug a speeding ambulance are all right here (in the Gulf countries!)

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dumb dumb dumb local drivers! Mar 26, 2010
I can name one city where it doesn't happen EVER: Venice!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I dont know about tailgating ambulances; but there is one category of drivers who dont hesitate to blatantly jump red lights; some locals and some Arab expats. The signal turns red, and then a flat 3 seconds later they jump it, even honking at cars going through their green signal. I have seen it thrice in the last 3 months.

Its just political correctness to pretend some things; yes 70% of Keralites are panickiy drivers, many locals do things expats wouldnt simply because they will talk/complain their way out of any police measures against them.
Many Arab expats break rules because they will try to k*** a*** out of a punishment, but often doesnt work!
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:I dont know about tailgating ambulances; but there is one category of drivers who dont hesitate to blatantly jump red lights; some locals and some Arab expats. The signal turns red, and then a flat 3 seconds later they jump it, even honking at cars going through their green signal. I have seen it thrice in the last 3 months.

Its just political correctness to pretend some things; yes 70% of Keralites are panickiy drivers, many locals do things expats wouldnt simply because they will talk/complain their way out of any police measures against them.
Many Arab expats break rules because they will try to k*** a*** out of a punishment, but often doesnt work!
Its much more likely to find a Brit in DUI than many other nationalities, and so on.

BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Tom Jones wrote:

You’re such a good sport kid…. That’s why we like to kid you….(no pun intended. Do you know what that means??) :)

nop LOL but any way life is too short to spend it frustrating on a daily bases , which reminds me to plan my summer vacation to Malaysia this time .. but I like seeing you doing so so you wont get too comfortable living here :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

nop LOL but any way life is too short to spend it frustrating on a daily bases , which reminds me to plan my summer vacation to Malaysia this time .. but I like seeing you doing so so you wont get too comfortable living here :lol:

You're right Kid. "No worries" is the right attitude to have, if you can stick to it!!

But Malaysia in the summer? Running from a hot, humid weather to another hot, humid weather!!!???

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dumb dumb dumb local drivers! Mar 27, 2010
In no 'civilized' country would you find people tailgating and ambulance. Eish the mini-bus drivers are mental this morning. All undertaking at about 150 on Emirates road, fully laden - idiots.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

oh that happens everyday on the Ad-Dxb highway. Where the radar doesn't snap you till 160.
I did read something that they were thinking of reducing the seating capacity + limiting the speed on thoses things. At first I didn't think that was such a good idea, but from what I see nowadays ..........
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:oh that happens everyday on the Ad-Dxb highway. Where the radar doesn't snap you till 160.
I did read something that they were thinking of reducing the seating capacity + limiting the speed on thoses things. At first I didn't think that was such a good idea, but from what I see nowadays ..........

Well I was of the understanding that minibuses were now banned from the outer two lanes. The speed they truck along at is horrific and they drive so close to the cars in front, no wonder there are so many accidents, deaths and injuries involving them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I was witness to a mini bus, jammed to the roof with labourers, that just took a sudden left turn for no reason on an empty road in UAQ and bounced down the crash barrier before rolling onto its side.

All the guys managed to get out, shaken but not too badly bent, and the driver had a sprained wrist. As they were all Bangladeshi and none of them spoke any English, I was not able to find out what happened exactly so ministered first aid and called the Feds and an ambulance. If they had hit anything solid it would have been a different story.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Was almost wiped out by a bus this morning in Deira. He was on-coming and decided he was going to turn the corner in front of me. Guess what: He was on the phone!!! I wound down the window and screamed at the m*****F*****....He just looked at me as though I was in the wrong! This place needs a bit of natural law....Road rage if you like to make people think about their actions.... sad to say that but the police here are not up to the job!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

smoggie wrote:Was almost wiped out by a bus this morning in Deira. He was on-coming and decided he was going to turn the corner in front of me. Guess what: He was on the phone!!! I wound down the window and screamed at the m*****F*****....He just looked at me as though I was in the wrong! This place needs a bit of natural law....Road rage if you like to make people think about their actions.... sad to say that but the police here are not up to the job!

Just bring a gun next time and put a few pellets in his front window. Perhaps he doesn't look that weird after that. :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers! Aug 01, 2013
In other countries it is failed but it can be useful in DUBAI.
georgegibson
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers! Aug 03, 2013
Dubai Knight ,

thats why in UAE , when you buy a car , you better make sure its the largest ugliest thing on the biggest 4 wheel you can get.

not only will it protect you if one of these birdbrains crash into you , but you can bully these arrogant basterds off the road too

here is a list of cars i suggest that are UAE friendly.

* Ford F350 4X4 , they are much taller that the standard f350

* Hummer H1

* Hummer H2 With 40 Inch tires and reinforced brush guards

* dodge ram 3500 heavy duty

* chevrolet suburban

* chevrolet 3500 truck HD

or any other monster truck you can legally drive on the road
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers! Aug 05, 2013
I pictured you on a bike Bossman.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers! Aug 05, 2013
BMreformed , my next step is to get a harley . After i get my M licence.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers! Aug 06, 2013
bossman wrote:BMreformed , my next step is to get a harley . After i get my M licence.

I meant a push bike.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers! Aug 20, 2013
BMreformed , LOL
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat