Pedestrians Or Drivers...more Dangerous?

Topic locked
Pedestrians or Drivers...more dangerous? Mar 07, 2009
Pedestrians crossing at spots not demarcated, or on highways really gets to me. When you’re moving about in city traffic at good 80-100kmh, the last thing u need is to worry about unruly pedestrians.
In my experience Indians, Pakistanis and Pilipinos are the worst offenders......Although the pinoy people are courteous, u honk and they move out the way, by and large they stick to crossings and underpasses...Its just they don't think, like when I'm backing my car, suddenly I'll se someone walking across my car really close, and i'll have to jam the brakes. It really pisses me off! Indians and pakis are rude and offensive with a couldn’t care less attitude...They have this notion that if a driver hit them it’s the drivers fault entirely!
If one drives on the extreme right or left lanes near the pavements, u would've noticed hordes of pedestrians standing on the absolute edge of the pavements....I mean half their foot is off the pavement...God forbid one should slip...
Seriously as a driver, these illiterate pedestrians do freak me out!
Is it me or does anyone feel this way?

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
as we were driving home today, a pack of women with kids were standing at the edge at the curve, DIFC round about, just as you enter SZR. you couldn't even see them as they were just behind the wall.

ur right, they don't think, don't look, just walk wherever and whenever they please.

the brother of a friend of mine killed once a guy because he literally jumped out of nowhere in front of the car. good for him. i hope he is in a better place now.

another example again today. coming home from our friends we spot this guy on a motorbike in front of us, no lights on...and its dark, and the road if full of cars. if you happen to hit and kill them, their misery is over, yours only begins.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 07, 2009
The funniest thing was this mornin ( mayb 4am), as i was returnin from dubai to abudhabi, near al raha, on the highway, some nut out of nowhere, just runs across,and I had to slam the brakes, luckily there was an emergency stop on the side, so i got out and gave him a real verbal lashing, but much to my dismay he din't understand english, and was probably drunk!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:The funniest thing was this mornin ( mayb 4am), as i was returnin from dubai to abudhabi, near al raha, on the highway, some nut out of nowhere, just runs across,and I had to slam the brakes, luckily there was an emergency stop on the side, so i got out and gave him a real verbal lashing, but much to my dismay he din't understand english, and was probably drunk!

I once saw a car drive on reverse on SZR! Now which is scarier?
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat