Dry Day? Huh??

Topic locked
Dry Day? Huh?? Aug 09, 2007
By the way, what is the point of having a dry day? Isnt this a muslim country where alcohol is illegal anyway? By proclaiming a dry day is almost an indication that alcoholic drinking is perhaps, maybe, allowed (and i dont mean in restaurants or bars)??

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Dry Day? Huh?? Aug 09, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:By the way, what is the point of having a dry day? Isnt this a muslim country where alcohol is illegal anyway? By proclaiming a dry day is almost an indication that alcoholic drinking is perhaps, maybe, allowed (and i dont mean in restaurants or bars)??

You obviously do not know anything about Dubai / UAE to make such a statement. :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:By the way, what is the point of having a dry day? Isnt this a muslim country where alcohol is illegal anyway? By proclaiming a dry day is almost an indication that alcoholic drinking is perhaps, maybe, allowed (and i dont mean in restaurants or bars)??

You obviously do not know anything about Dubai / UAE to make such a statement. :wink:

Exactly. And drink water or that Barbican crap.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 09, 2007
you instantly win idiot of the month award :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:

Obviously not. Care to educate the oblivious? :roll:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

BabyDoll wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Obviously not. Care to educate the oblivious? :roll:

Ok, in a nutshell.....

Hotels can serve alcohol and non muslim residents can buy liquor with a licence.

On 'Dry Days' hotels DO NOT serve any alcohol. i.e: no where in Dubai will serve alcohol from 7:30pm today until 7:30pm tomorrow and I guess MMI closes as well

Anyone know what happens RE: Duty Free in arrivals on ' Dry Days'?
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 12, 2007
is it really an issue if alcohol wasnt available for one day?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
be smart-- stock up!!!!
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat